Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville/Ole Miss

Started by Hogtropolis™, December 18, 2008, 08:23:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

This game has a few story lines related to Hog fans.

1.) Louisville is basically the team that Pel is modeling his team after.  They are potentially what we could look like in another year or two.

2.)  Ole Miss getting a win would help our RPI in the future.

3.)  And the biggest story of all is that Andy Kennedy is coaching tonight for who knows how much longer.  He is a good coach too, so if he is dismissed from Ole Miss, that is nothing but good for Arkansas.

ekyle1

Dwight_K_Shrute

Kennedy is a Winston County Punk.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: ekyle1 on December 18, 2008, 08:28:53 pm
This ain't looking good!!!
The SEC is not very good.  The two games tonight just helped confirm that.  In fact every game played that is not against a mid-major (and some that are) prove that.  The SEC can't have a very good non-conference record excluding mid-majors right now.  Anyone know where you can find a stat like that?

songofthesword

every time the SEC plays it's liek the battle for the worst team in the conference.

LSU isn't good. Ols Miss is horrid and plays no D. Miss state plays good D but cant' really put up points. Auburn....D2 school.

i'd be suprised if we finished worst than 2nd

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 18, 2008, 08:36:09 pm
The SEC is not very good.  The two games tonight just helped confirm that.  In fact every game played that is not against a mid-major (and some that are) prove that.  The SEC can't have a very good non-conference record excluding mid-majors right now.  Anyone know where you can find a stat like that?

This site is great for basketball stats. 

http://www.ncaastats.com/mbball
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogtropolis™

December 18, 2008, 08:53:33 pm #6 Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:00:29 pm by Hogtropolis™
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 18, 2008, 08:51:44 pm
This site is great for basketball stats. 

http://www.ncaastats.com/mbball
Thanks man, I found exactly what I was looking for.

EDIT:

I've always found this one pretty helpful too, but it didn't have what I was looking for earlier. 

Click Me!

HogTuba

S-A-S-N-A-K--RA

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Bob Knight is a tool.  He said with about 9 minutes left and the score about 31-14 Louisville that Ole Miss should now approach the game differently and just look at it as a practice since they are playing a great team.  Basically, well since you are getting your a$$ kicked and won't win, just work on some fundamentals and live to fight another day.

To me he should have been saying, hey there is a lot of time left Ole Miss needs to keep hustling to get back into this.  If they can get it to 10 by half they have a shot.

Well you old washed up doosh they cut it to 4.  I realize when you are used to Big 10 ball a 17 point lead in the first half is insurmountable.  Go punch a cabbie.

songofthesword

LOL, i haven't seen someone get hung in so long!

Hogman 24

Ole Piss looks pretty good and likes to get up and down on the court. We might have are hands full.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Ole Miss takes the lead.  If they end up winning, middle eastern cab drivers all over the US better watch out.  Basketball coaches will be coming out of the woodwork.

Shoot Louisville hit a 3 to get it back.  Quick someone insult a camel

songofthesword

ole miss better get used to the term moral victory

mbgrulz

especially w/out chris warren.

Smithian

I couldn't cheer SEC in this one. I can't cheer for any athletic team assosciated with Houston Nutt.

TheArkansasTraveller

Chris Warren out for the season.  Ole Miss is going to be awful in SEC play.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on December 19, 2008, 01:17:44 pm
Chris Warren out for the season.  Ole Miss is going to be awful in SEC play.
Man, I was wondering how bad that was.  I saw the last play and he hurt his knee when pushing off of it to go up for a layup.  Looked like it could have been a torn ACL.  Any link to what the injury is?

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 19, 2008, 01:24:05 pm
Man, I was wondering how bad that was.  I saw the last play and he hurt his knee when pushing off of it to go up for a layup.  Looked like it could have been a torn ACL.  Any link to what the injury is?

if i'm not mistaken, the ticker on ESPN said Andy Katz said it was a ACL injury and would miss the rest of the season.

like i said i may have read that wrong

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 18, 2008, 08:23:05 pm
3.)  And the biggest story of all is that Andy Kennedy is coaching tonight for who knows how much longer.  He is a good coach too, so if he is dismissed from Ole Miss, that is nothing but good for Arkansas.

Oh come on.  He doesn't have a thing to worry about.  A cabbie's word vs. his and his whole coaching staff, no contest.
[CENSORED]!

Beaverfever

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 19, 2008, 01:42:55 pm
Oh come on.  He doesn't have a thing to worry about.  A cabbie's word vs. his and his whole coaching staff, no contest.
I agree.  The SEC is in short supply of good coaches and I think AK is one of them.  Hopefully he gets cleared of all this.