Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Monk Rejoins BBall hogs???

Started by razorbackntexas, December 18, 2008, 06:37:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackntexas

Saw the report on scout i think.....anyone have more info on this?
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

linze82

he started practice today. it's been anounced for a while but i think he had to wait until semester to start practice.
smite me bishes

razorbackntexas

I'm curious if he'll get to play much.....
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

linze82

probobly a little. if for no other other reason than to get somebody some rest
smite me bishes

HawgNthaWater

guys ive played with monk in the hper the past few years... the man can still play. The past couple of times I played with him he abused Modica. I think most will be relatively surprised by Monk
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

Tick Hog

Mark it down Monk will help this team. I dont look for it to be right out of the gate dont know if he will be in basketball shape. The kid can play defence and i look for him to do exactly that. Good luck to you M Monk and thanks for being a hog

Beaverfever

Quote from: HawgNthaWater on December 18, 2008, 10:40:20 pm
guys ive played with monk in the hper the past few years... the man can still play. The past couple of times I played with him he abused Modica. I think most will be relatively surprised by Monk
People hear that a guy hasn't played organized basketball in 3 or 4 years and they assume they have lost it.  They don't realize some of these games in the hper are almost as competitive.  I've seen tons of ex razorbacks playing pickup games there. 

earlenehawg

How did he have a semester of eligibility left to play basketball? He didn't leave the football team early, did he?

LRCentralTiger

Listening to Pel he either is not going to let the cat out of the bag that Monk looks good or he is not very sure Monk will be able to contribute very much.  Pel made the comment about the speed of the game when he referred to Monk playing.  This does not mean Marcus cannot get up to speed.

USAF Hog

I wish I could be in the arena when Monk scores his first points of the season.

pimphog

heck yeah he can play....the guy was named Mr. Basketball in 2004.... I believe

booogaga

just having another body at practice will help this team if anything. i would find it hard to believe that he will not get some playing time during sec play. i am not saying major minutes but he could fill gaps for guys in foul trouble, key defensive spot etc...
GO HOGS!

hawgrunner

"Monk Rejoins Razorbacks"
By Dudley E. Dawson

Date: Dec 18, 2008

The University of Arkansas basketball team adds Marcus Monk, one of the state's best high school basketball players ever who went on to have a record-setting career for the football Razorbacks.

http://arkansas.scout.com

blacksuit

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 19, 2008, 09:48:09 am
People hear that a guy hasn't played organized basketball in 3 or 4 years and they assume they have lost it.  They don't realize some of these games in the hper are almost as competitive.  I've seen tons of ex razorbacks playing pickup games there. 

Plus I'm sure he's played a few games with football players. Some of those guys are really good, they just chose a different sport. Monk will surprise a few people.

hawgrunner

Quote from: blacksuit on December 20, 2008, 01:10:59 pm
Plus I'm sure he's played a few games with football players. Some of those guys are really good, they just chose a different sport. Monk will surprise a few people.

Looking forward to it.

chiefsfan

Quote from: earlenehawg on December 19, 2008, 10:28:47 am
How did he have a semester of eligibility left to play basketball? He didn't leave the football team early, did he?

Basketball is a different sport then football.   NCAA gives you 5 years of eligibility to play College athletics.  Trouble is that you can play one sport for no more then 4 years.

He's only played for basketball for 1 year, and this is his 5th NCAA eligible year, meaning he can play this season as a Senior

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

reddogjcss

pigzwillrise

yup.. i have too... monk still has game.. i wouldnt be suprised if he was giving us significant minutes come conference time

Corkscrew Johnson

defense, toughness, composure, maturity.  the dude has played in front of 100,000+ crowds.  if his knee is back to 100%, he will be an asset for us on the defensive side

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on December 20, 2008, 05:19:16 pm
he will be an asset for us on the defensive side

That's definitely a side of the ball we need help on.

Khallos

i think monk will be great, but i really dont think you can compare pickup games in the hper to division 1 ncaa basketball...

jonesark™

jschulte

Quote from: jonesark on December 20, 2008, 09:46:32 pm
did he dress out tonight?

Yes -- he got about two minutes of action actually.

hawgrunner