Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on Dontell Jefferson

Started by blacksuit, December 18, 2008, 11:19:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksuit

A short bit in a longer article:

Quote• Dontell Jefferson, Utah Flash. "DJ is the guy most NBA scouts ask me about," Flash coach Brad Jones said. "Defensively, he is already an NBA player." Jefferson is a big (6-4), heady playmaker who has developed by leaps and bounds since graduating from Arkansas in 2006. He has blossomed into one of the D-League's most poised point guards, averaging 16.4 points and 5.3 assists in eight games this season. "I'm trying to be more conscious of my decision-making," said Jefferson, who was released by the Grizzlies in training camp last year and was one of Mike Dunleavy's final cuts at Clippers camp this season. "I feel like that's the thing that has been keeping me out of the league."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_mannix/12/17/mchale.notes/1.html

Good to see a former Hog working his way up.

HawgAdvocate

This sickens me, sadly.

I'm glad for DJ, but he was worthless on offense when he played here.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jkstock04

The thought that this guy could make it into the NBA is amazing to me.  Seeing him play here, I thought he was possibly the worst Hog basketball player to log significant playing time within at least the past 2 decades.  If he's on the verge of making an NBA team his play must have improved dramaticly. 

What is the D league by the way? 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HardKnockBlu

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 18, 2008, 11:31:02 pm
The thought that this guy could make it into the NBA is amazing to me.  Seeing him play here, I thought he was possibly the worst Hog basketball player log significant playing time within at least the past 2 decades.  If he's on the verge of making an NBA team his play must have improved dramaticly. 

What is the D league by the way? 

D League = NBA Development League
http://www.nba.com/dleague/

Ray Piggers

The D league is the NBA development league. Sonny Weems, and Gary Ervin are both on D league rosters. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple more Hogs were floating around out there somewhere.

That being said.. I wish Dontell the best of luck.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Ray Piggers

Oh, I was a little late on the response. lol
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Beaverfever

Wow the D league is a serious league, it isn't like some of these guys playing in mexico for burritos on the side.  Performing like that in the D league means he is probably NBA bound.  Who'd have thunk it. 

cdclark09

DoggtownHog

How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

kingofdequeen

mountainhog

stchane

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 18, 2008, 12:05:49 pm
I'm glad for DJ, but he was worthless on offense when he played here.

Fixed that for ya  ;)

This guy drove me absolutely nuts when he played here.  All the potential in the world, yet stupid mistake after stupid mistake.  It didn't matter if he was in with the 1st team or in dog time, he couldn't hit an open shot or keep from turning the ball over....drove me crazy.

However, I'm glad to see he's doing well on the next level. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane