Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Jim Robkin still working somewhere?

Started by 1highhog, December 18, 2008, 09:25:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I know Jim must be getting old by now, but man, we sure need him back or someone that's acts just like he does.  Until we get someone like him, I don't believe we will be able to recapture the sound of the old barnhill days.

1highhog

Come on, someone has to know where Jim is?

razorzapp

Assistant Professor, Director of Bands, Louisiana Tech University

1highhog

thanks, I thought he ended up at a Louisiana school, just was not sure which one.  We need him back.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: 1highhog on December 18, 2008, 12:16:02 pm
thanks, I thought he ended up at a Louisiana school, just was not sure which one.  We need him back.

We need someone like him, back.   I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the same if he came back today lol
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

The_Iceman

OKhogfan1959

New guy is good..But man Robkin was special.

booogaga

heck they guy has to be like 95 years old now...
GO HOGS!

HawgWild

Quote from: booogaga on December 19, 2008, 11:42:16 am
heck they guy has to be like 95 years old now...

Yeah, but wouldn't it be fun watching him race around BWA in his wheel chair while the band played the William Tell Overture! ;D

Pancetta

Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 19, 2008, 10:15:32 am
New guy is good..But man Robkin was special.

Argh, you said someone was "special".  Did your voice suddenly sound used car salesman-y?
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Oklahawg

Robken is doing well and while he cherishes the UA memories he is more than happy with his life (professional and personal) right now.

He remains a shining star in UA's past. I'm sure there is a Robken protege' that could return the hogwild band to its former level in short order.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra