Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With Sumlin reportedly out at A&M...

Started by WalHog2018, November 05, 2017, 10:29:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 07, 2017, 02:33:37 pm
How is that? Because offensively, his system is much more like Petrino's system - not Kingsbury.

Agreed. Norvells's system is far more like Petrino's than it is Kingsbury's.

Norvell runs more of a Power Spread offense whereas Kingsbury is a heavy pass happy guy.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 07, 2017, 02:51:34 pm

Norvell runs more of a Power Spread offense whereas Kingsbury is a heavy pass happy guy.

Hopefully the blue bloods mess around and Nebraska doesn't want to get into a bidding war, because I want the guy that curb stomped Norvell.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2017, 02:53:05 pm
Hopefully the blue bloods mess around and Nebraska doesn't want to get into a bidding war, because I want the guy that curb stomped Norvell.

Would love Scott Frost. But he is about 60% run/pass so that makes him no good to most here. Gohtah pass that pigskin to win fuhbawl. Also Frost is not a guhd ole suhthun boyee.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 03:18:42 pm
Would love Scott Frost. But he is about 60% run/pass so that makes him no good to most here. Gohtah pass that pigskin to win fuhbawl. Also Frost is not a guhd ole suhthun boyee.

2604 passing yards to 1719 rushing yards.
71% completion.
20 TDs passing, 27 TDs rushing.

Not sure who would complain about that offense.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 07, 2017, 03:24:10 pm
2604 passing yards to 1719 rushing yards.
71% completion.
20 TDs passing, 27 TDs rushing.

Not sure who would complain about that offense.

Same ones that complained about the Hogs the last 2 years when we had a 3k+ yard passer and a 1300+ yard rusher. And you know there are those here that did just that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Matt Burks

Quote from: GuvHog on November 07, 2017, 02:51:34 pm

Kingsbury is actually closer to Leach's system than Novell's

31to6

Quote from: Augustus on November 06, 2017, 11:17:38 am
They have beaten Bama & produced a Heisman winner, more recently than the Hogs have.

...and by that I mean at least within the last decade.
I wasn't saying they were better or worse than us recently, I am saying that people have been saying "A&M is a sleeping giant" for as long as I can remember.

Somehow, even when they have everything you could want for (super-hyped coach, favorable schedule, win over Alabama on the road, Heisman QB) they always manage to shoot themselves in the foot.