Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keeping Bert

Started by Martygit, October 15, 2017, 07:00:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneHawg

roothawg

There is nobody named bert

rhames

The ONLY way I see he stays is if he wins out starting with a W next weekend.

Very unlikely. I see 2 more wins, maybe 3.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WayneHawg

Quote from: roothawg on October 15, 2017, 07:06:09 pm
Until he starts winning his name is Bert

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RazorbacksFTW

The snowflakes should hit this thread shortly and explain how we should keep Bert because the coach had nothing to with it it's all about them recruits.

They claim Nut Petrino and several other Arkansas coaches only won lots of games due to their lucky underwear or was it because Alabama loaned Arkansas all their 5* recruits for these games.....hmmm

Recruits matter so much that Florida State has had a top 6 recruiting class the last 3 years and they're 2-3 lmao.

The way these tards tell it Florida State's players should be able to simply walk on the field and have an instant 42 point lead.

Get Bert outta here.
Out Out Out

hobhog

Don't read any post that calls our coach by childish names.....

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: hobhog on October 15, 2017, 07:23:58 pm

Agreed.  I can't defend him as a coach right now, but he's a human being. 

Poker_hog

Stockholm syndrome...
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Tim

Since when is 10-25 in the SEC mediocre?

(notOM)Rebel123

This. Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

moses_007

Danny J

Quote from: Tim on October 15, 2017, 07:34:28 pm
I agree...I would LOVE mediocre right about now.

PS...isn't it 26 now? I've lost track of the numbers to the right of the dash

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: Tim on October 15, 2017, 07:34:28 pm

Excellent question I also thought mediocre would be winning at least half your games.

We are in last place though.............

Martygit

Assuming that you think "Bert" is a "childish name" - yes, yes you do
RIP OTR, REV

hobhog

Quote from: MartinGit on October 15, 2017, 07:45:53 pm
Assuming that you think "Bert" is a "childish name" - yes, yes you do

Nope. Didn't. Nanny nanny boo boo.....

East Clintwood

He will always be Bert.  That's the nicest thing I can call him at this point.

The other choices would be censored.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 15, 2017, 07:55:22 pm
He will always be Bert.  That's the nicest thing I can call him at this point.

The other choices would be censored.

Keep in mind, roothawg, that he can't even get the name of one of the world's most accomplished actors ever, correct.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Martygit

Quote from: hobhog on October 15, 2017, 07:55:12 pm

Thank you for keeping this discussion on a sophisticated level and not using childish expressions  ;)
RIP OTR, REV

WayneHawg

870hogfan

tusksincolorado

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on October 15, 2017, 07:20:23 pm
The snowflakes should hit this thread shortly and explain how we should keep Bert because the coach had nothing to with it it's all about them recruits.

They claim Nut Petrino and several other Arkansas coaches only won lots of games due to their lucky underwear or was it because Alabama loaned Arkansas all their 5* recruits for these games.....hmmm

Recruits matter so much that Florida State has had a top 6 recruiting class the last 3 years and they're 2-3 lmao.

The way these tards tell it Florida State's players should be able to simply walk on the field and have an instant 42 point lead.

Get Bert outta here.
Out Out Out

Snowflakes.....Hhmmm.....in bred dumb azz s.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

BartIV

Last place in the SEC. We should always be somewhere in the middle. Never behind Vandy, Kentucky, and a Mississippi school.
Time to cut Bret. (See what I did there, replaced bait with Bret) I would have gotten a plus 1 back in the day.

Idahog

Not true.  I saw him on Sesame Street.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

onebadrubi

I just can't see a way he's around next season.

BartIV

Quote from: Idahog on October 15, 2017, 08:44:00 pm
Not true.  I saw him on Sesame Street.
Einstein was called Bert. Bret doesn't need to worry about competing with that guy though.

greasy_corner

Lot of BertHurt in this thread. 

DeltaBoy

How about Baby Huey!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RedRazorHog

He needs to be gone.  His favoritism has killed the program.  He plays his guys, only his guys while great talent sits and rotts.  Who knows what could happen if he played some of these other guys like Hammonds, Merrick, Gragg...etc
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

VirginiaHog

While we may.need a coaching change, name calling and attacking people's looks are childish. No one deserves that. I wish people could grow up and have discussions without this.

jgphillips3

I've seen enough.  There is nothing he can do to make me ever believe in him again.  The absolute failures in recruiting and in failing to play the few studs we do get are just too glaring.  How did we go through Spring and Fall and wind up with that piss poor O line that started the season including a true freshman.  Either CBB signed off on that line and is responsible or he let KA determine the line and did not step in until people want to fire him over it.  Either of those is completely unacceptable in the fifth year of your program with all of your own players.  He is not competent enough to EVER get the job done here.

longpig

Quote from: hobhog on October 15, 2017, 07:55:12 pm

On the sauce tonight, Jen?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pig in the Pokey

Why are people soooo offended by "Bert"? They called Nutt Hooti, Hooten, Nuttless, Nutters, Nuttbag, etc etc etc but we can't call this fat LOSER "Bert"? Piss off with that. He is Bert, a bumbling idiot. It's perfect.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

ALSO_ NOBODY< and I mean NOBODY else calls him brett but a couple Hog fans./ Every other school has called him Bert for the longest.  Brett is the dude staring down the barrel of Jules' gun being asked 'Do they speak English on What?" ; Our coach is clueless Bert
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

LR_Matt

That article has a lot of hard to swallow truth.... all should read it and see just how low things have gotten.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LR_Matt on October 15, 2017, 11:28:19 pm
That article has a lot of hard to swallow truth.... all should read it and see just how low things have gotten.
the fact that you can throw out the 0-8 year and we are STILL dead last is pathetic. Bert and Kurt is the worst pair of coaches we've ever had that lasted more than a year.

Gonzo

October 15, 2017, 11:32:09 pm #38 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:42:36 pm by Gonzo

These men would like to have a word with you.

Go Hogs!

Pig in the Pokey

It's funny because brett is a terrible name, it's not like bert is any worse.

Pork Twain

Quote from: rhames on October 15, 2017, 07:07:17 pm
The ONLY way I see he stays is if he wins out starting with a W next weekend.

Very unlikely. I see 2 more wins, maybe 3.
I think we will be lucky if we get two wins, based off of early results this year and at the end of last year.  Every team we face but two, has much more talent than us and obviously better coaches.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Gonzo

Um, how did you wind up in here then?

Go Hogs!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: WayneHawg on October 15, 2017, 07:08:43 pm
Until he starts winning his name is Bert

How many games have you personally  won, Wade?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

jvanhorn

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 15, 2017, 10:59:10 pm
I’ve seen enough.  There is nothing he can do to make me ever believe in him again.  The absolute failures in recruiting and in failing to play the few studs we do get are just too glaring.  How did we go through Spring and Fall and wind up with that piss poor O line that started the season including a true freshman.  Either CBB signed off on that line and is responsible or he let KA determine the line and did not step in until people want to fire him over it.  Either of those is completely unacceptable in the fifth year of your program with all of your own players.  He is not competent enough to EVER get the job done here.

Sure wish there was a way to get Stoops to come here from Kentucky.  I guy that understands what it takes to win in the SEC and obviously knows how the get the most of what he has.  Probably an essential part of being the head football coach at Arkansas.

Bardicer

You know someone has lost the argument/debate when they start getting petty.

"Yeah? Well.... You're fat/ugly/stupid... I can't be logical so I'm just going to try to be mean!"

No need for people to get uppity, it takes all types of people to make the world go round.  Even those who can't be mature and civil.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: Bardicer on October 16, 2017, 12:02:21 pm
You know someone has lost the argument/debate when they start getting petty.

"Yeah? Well.... You're fat/ugly/stupid... I can't be logical so I'm just going to try to be mean!"

No need for people to get uppity, it takes all types of people to make the world go round.  Even those who can't be mature and civil.

Calling Bert fat is the truth. Like it or not his weight could be an indication that he has no self-discipline.

Bardicer

Quote from: hog13hog on October 16, 2017, 12:09:36 pm
Calling Bert fat is the truth. Like it or not his weight could be an indication that he has no self-discipline.

Bless your heart... Did my words hit a little close to home?  ;)  You don't need to defend yourself to me. 

I have no problems with intelligent discussion pointing out flaws and weak points.  Its when people start acting like they're in junior high it gets annoying.