Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonder what Jeff Long thought about Fowler and Herbstreit laughing at us?

Started by Tejano Jawg, October 15, 2017, 03:36:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Well, to be fair, it may have been more 'snickering.' Other times, you could hear the tone of their voices rise, smiling as they talked. You could also imagine the shaking of heads. Is Long, and everyone, okay with this? I was watching the game at a friend's party, so wasn't totally focused all 60 minutes. Even then, some of these things were noticeable.

Had we been a D-2 program playing No. 1 Alabama—with Chris and Herbie clearly drawing the short straw if they had to call it—they wouldn't have sounded the same. Then, there might be a subtle sympathy to their commentary, looking for anything positive to say when they could. But we, on the other hand, had been a historically respected program, a competitive program...and now no one can take us seriously. And they can't hide it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 15, 2017, 03:36:25 pm
Well, to be fair, it may have been more 'snickering.' Other times, you could hear the tone of their voices rise, smiling as they talked. You could also imagine the shaking of heads. Is Long, and everyone, okay with this? I was watching the game at a friend's party, so wasn't totally focused all 60 minutes. Even then, some of these things were noticeable.

Had we been a D-2 program playing No. 1 Alabama—with Chris and Herbie clearly drawing the short straw if they had to call it—they wouldn't have sounded the same. Then, there might be a subtle sympathy to their commentary, looking for anything positive to say when they could. But we, on the other hand, had been a historically respected program, a competitive program...and now no one can take us seriously. And they can't hide it.

It's not that they disrespect us, it is just that everyone recognizes our shortcomings and how ineffectively we have performed this season, to date.
Go Hogs Go!

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 15, 2017, 03:40:46 pm
AD Long could care less about the program or what anyone thinks.  Probably was at a fund raiser for the Clintons and smooching with other liberals.   

Whoa, there's a hot sports opinion.

I hear you T-jawg. I don't know, I'm wondering if i detected just a little "aww, bless your heard" attitude from them.  :'(

Calling All Hogs

They may laugh at our on the field performance but they won't be laughing when they see that Jeff got us up academically to 10th in the SEC. Oh wait... Never mind. Anyway, there are more important things than being laughed at.

rude1

JL was busy counting the beans in the pot and noticed there didn't seem to be any missing, so therefor there is no problem, just a few disgruntled fans who can never be pleased.

Hoggish1

IF I have to watch a game they do, the mute is on.  Then I don't have to hear their asinine pontificating.  There were plenty of good things they could have found to say about Arkansas had they wanted to.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 15, 2017, 03:59:16 pm
IF I have to watch a game they do, the mute is on.  Then I don't have to hear their asinine pontificating.  There were plenty of good things they could have found to say about Arkansas had they wanted to.

You should have unmuted...they had some good things to say.  But, I will disagree, there were not plenty of good things to say.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Ex-Trumpet

Hawg n GA

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 15, 2017, 03:40:46 pm
AD Long could care less about the program or what anyone thinks.  Probably was at a fund raiser for the Clintons and smooching with other liberals.   

Better than being at a drumpf rally

RedSkiesAtNightHog

98hogs

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

texas tush hog

Cal Berkeley just hired an interim athletic director. They are looking for somebody permanent to increase their graduation rates and help retire a tremendous amount of debt with their fund raising prowess. Any ideas?

leroyhawg

Probably didn't bother him a hell of a lot. Seems to have good self esteem, that's what got hi where he is today.

It's a mess and Cole Kelley making a good run is about all that will save a,lot of Careers!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

swineology

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 15, 2017, 03:36:25 pm

Grades are up

Jeff isn't triggered

elkhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 15, 2017, 06:04:13 pm
Cal Berkeley just hired an interim athletic director. They are looking for somebody permanent to increase their graduation rates and help retire a tremendous amount of debt with their fund raising prowess. Any ideas?

Perfect place for Long.  Please leave Long.
GO HOGS!!!

Superham

If they were snickering it probably had more to do with our coach running his mouth over the years and then having his ass handed to him still in year 5.

HardCore

Quote from: longpig on October 15, 2017, 05:52:11 pm
Wasn't JFB's either, was it?

JFBwon a National Title for this University.  Jeff Long hasn't done 5#1+, except some construction Projects.  That's the easy stuff. 

So, the new Pivot for Long is to smear the best coach we ever had?

Now, JFB WAS Nationally Respected.....for real!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hawg n GA

OhioHog

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rude1 on October 15, 2017, 03:58:27 pm
JL was busy counting the beans in the pot and noticed there didn't seem to be any missing, so therefor there is no problem, just a few disgruntled fans who can never be pleased.

IF any AD is not counting the beans for their employer then they shouldn't be an AD. That is true of anyone in a managerial type position.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 15, 2017, 06:04:13 pm

Sell the campus and move the whole school out of Berkeley to another state.....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi