007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 09:15:29 am
He got close once.....about it.

There are times you're NOT going to be close—especially vs Bama—so when you are, you need to take advantage of it. Like 2014, we may never see a better defensive performance against them.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 15, 2017, 12:40:56 pm
There are times you're NOT going to be close—especially vs Bama—so when you are, you need to take advantage of it. Like 2014, we may never see a better defensive performance against them.

Yep
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

EastArkHog 47

Had we beat A&M and SC, this loss wouldn't seem so bad but when you pile bad on bad on bad its really bad and that's exactly where this program is.

rhames

I am not going to measure a coaches success on wins against bama while Saban is there

Now Texas AM, Toledo, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississipl State, Auburn, lsu

Yeah that where Bret is lacking.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Großer Kriegschwein

We stayed on that defensive high-water mark from Alabama thru Ole Miss. that was the pinnacle of Robb Smith's tenure.

We seemed to bring more pressure in those three game (Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss) than any other time in the B.B. era.
This is my non-signature signature.

buldozer

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 15, 2017, 09:10:11 am
After 5 years, Is he any closer to doing what he said?  :puke:
After five years: easy to say but has proven impossible to do. Sad truth and fact.

aloha_kid

JaketheSnake

Quote from: aloha_kid on October 15, 2017, 02:27:48 pm
Was Bobby?  Nope.
Yep, we haven't beaten Bama since 2006, which took 2 OTs.  2004 was last time we beat them in regulation.

WorfHog

Yep and a missed field goal kept us out of OT. Special teams have been abysmal under CBB.

007 License To Squeal

Was Bobby?  Nope.

It was BBB that made the bold statement......and he isn't progressing toward that goal....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Sed76

Could have had them in 2014 but sure enough let it slip through our fingers with the comical fumble going into the end zone and of course a blown extra point. Hopefully this is the last Alabama beat down Bielema will ever have to live through at least on our sidelines.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 15, 2017, 02:37:46 pm
Yep, we haven't beaten Bama since 2006, which took 2 OTs.  2004 was last time we beat them in regulation.

Well gosh almighty! Sounds like this feller wants to bring back the last coach of ours that DID beat Alabama!

Iwastherein1969

Was Bobby?  Nope.
What exactly did Petrino promise when he took the Arkansas job ? Will you fill me in on that one ?  And I don't recall ever having been ranked in the top 10, much less top 5 under Bert. So quantify your assertion, please.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on October 15, 2017, 03:40:20 pm
Well gosh almighty! Sounds like this feller wants to bring back the last coach of ours that DID beat Alabama!
No, but we may have more than 2 wins this season with him.

rude1

10-25, there's been a lot of losses to other programs besides Bama!!!!!! Losing to Bama is understandable with where they are right now, but there's 20 other losses that Bama didn't account for................

longpig

Quote from: tncbg on October 15, 2017, 01:52:47 pm
Where has our defensive coordinator been successful as in did not get fired? I don't know his history, just wondering.

Did very well his one season at Auburn with Tuberville (08 and Tommy's last I believe).  Must have done well as Pitt's DC to get that job.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Dark Helmet Hog

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 15, 2017, 04:04:09 pm
He's just about to the point he needs a 2-3 year pass.
Why do you think Bert played the future of the Razorback program at QB against the meanest, toughest, baddest hombres on defense in college football last night ? It was Bert's way of signalling to Razorback Nation, "look, I have this untapped talent at QB and if you just give me a couple of years I can get the type of players he needs around him to win the SEC and make a run at the National Championship. I just need some more time."  That move was plain as day. Ol' Bert is trying to show us what the future can be like if we just give it another 2, maybe 3 years. Same as Nutt with the exception Bert just didn't come out and blatantly ask for a couple more years. Blah, blah, blah.

Hoggish1

The following year was good too, until the end of the game.  I believe we had a 10-7 lead after three quarters.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 15, 2017, 03:45:37 pm
What exactly did Petrino promise when he took the Arkansas job ? Will you fill me in on that one ?  And I don't recall ever having been ranked in the top 10, much less top 5 under Bert. So quantify your assertion, please.

So you are saying CBB made a promise?  He didn't make a promise, he said he came he to beat Bama not play them.  He didn't say "I'll beat Bama by ______."  Only that it was a goal. 

The reason CBB is here is because CBP couldn't keep his pecker in his pants and left the program high and dry.  CBB didn't roll into as big of a mess as CBB did. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: aloha_kid on October 15, 2017, 04:51:25 pm
So you are saying CBB made a promise?  He didn't make a promise, he said he came he to beat Bama not play them.  He didn't say "I'll beat Bama by ______."  Only that it was a goal. 

The reason CBB is here is because CBP couldn't keep his pecker in his pants and left the program high and dry.  CBB didn't roll into as big of a mess as CBB did.
Left the program high and dry ? You mean the team that was ranked #8 starting the season under JLS ? That team ?  Okay, gotcha.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 15, 2017, 02:24:08 pm
After five years: easy to say but has proven impossible to do. Sad truth and fact.

I don't mean to sound desperate, but next year with a new coach, ...at home?

...just saying it could happen.

Steef

I doubt very seriously that he WANTS to stay.

I think all you guys that are so worried he might contrive something to get an 'extension'....are fretting over nothing.

imo....He's done.

What he MIGHT actually be doing....is trying to win a little before he goes, to help his job search.

HardCore

He might beat their graduation rate.....maybe that will generate $45MM in ticket sales?
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

WilsonHog

Quote from: Steef on October 15, 2017, 04:57:42 pm

I think all you guys that are so worried he might contrive something to get an 'extension'....are fretting over nothing.

imo....He's done.

What he MIGHT actually be doing....is trying to win a little before he goes, to help his job search.

I agree with this. I think Bielema wants out of Fayetteville as bad as a growing percentage of our fan base want him out.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Steef on October 15, 2017, 04:57:42 pm

imo....He's done.

Steef...I hope you are right and he does the honorable thing and falls on his sword for say a 5 million dollar buyout....live his life for a couple of years and then gets back into coaching in the NFL as an assistant. I don't wish ill on the man, he's really a good guy, just in way over his head.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jvanhorn

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 15, 2017, 09:10:11 am
After 5 years, Is he any closer to doing what he said?  :puke:

I heat that Saban came close to resigning after he read that

jgphillips3

For all you "Bobby wasn't going to beat Bama" people, he got close in 2010 and while you all love to point out the 2011 results against Bama & LSU, you need to remember one special fact about that year.  Both Bama and LSU had defenses that year (remember their 9-6 game?) that we're not just once a decade good, but I would say once in a generation good.  Bielema only got close to beating Bama with Petrino's players.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 16, 2017, 08:22:27 am
For all you "Bobby wasn't going to beat Bama" people, he got close in 2010 and while you all love to point out the 2011 results against Bama & LSU, you need to remember one special fact about that year.  Both Bama and LSU had defenses that year (remember their 9-6 game?) that we're not just once a decade good, but I would say once in a generation good.  Bielema only got close to beating Bama with Petrino's players.
They also had mediocre offenses in 2011. 

A loss is a loss.  CBP and CBB have not beat Bama.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 15, 2017, 04:36:16 pm
Why do you think Bert played the future of the Razorback program at QB against the meanest, toughest, baddest hombres on defense in college football last night ? It was Bert's way of signalling to Razorback Nation, "look, I have this untapped talent at QB and if you just give me a couple of years I can get the type of players he needs around him to win the SEC and make a run at the National Championship. I just need some more time."  That move was plain as day. Ol' Bert is trying to show us what the future can be like if we just give it another 2, maybe 3 years. Same as Nutt with the exception Bert just didn't come out and blatantly ask for a couple more years. Blah, blah, blah.

Careful, you'll get lambasted for this statement, regardless of it's universal truth. Some moron poster accused me of being dumb for thinking Bielema doesn't care what the fans think. Only a moron doesn't see Beliema pulling a Nutt this season.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

jkstock04

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 15, 2017, 04:36:16 pm
Allen shoulder is legit hurt, that's why he didn't play.

Had Allen have played against Bama he would've been taken out on a stretcher. What's funny to me is you hear all about the "o line improvement" against Bama. Well...that's not what I saw. I saw a qb who made them look a little bit better mainly because of his size and physicality.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Next1_04

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Jimbob111 on October 16, 2017, 09:13:44 am
Careful, you'll get lambasted for this statement, regardless of it's universal truth. Some moron poster accused me of being dumb for thinking Bielema doesn't care what the fans think. Only a moron doesn't see Beliema pulling a Nutt this season.
I did.  Anyone in any position of power can't allow themselves to worry about what the bleachers say at any particular time.  If you had ever been a coach or leader, you'd understand that.

And yes, if you think the only reason CK played at Bama was so CBB could show the future QB then you are sadly more ignorant than I originally thought. 

jimhog

Bielema won't ever defeat Saban. Popping off isn't good and Saban as well as other sec coaches remember his early proclamations.

woodhog14

It amazes me how our fans and other fan bases compare themselves to Bama or get mad at losing to Bama. We aren't the only team losing to Bama. They are beating EVERYBODY EVERY YEAR.

I know I've posted this before, but I don't know how many people saw it. I want Saban to retire because I am tired of them winning every year.

Check out Bama's streaks since Saban joined the Tide.

Bama is now 47 -5 in the SEC over the last 7 seasons.
They currently have a 21 game SEC winning streak.
Those 5 loses they had were by a combined TOTAL of 26 points. This included:
9-6 loss to LSU in 2011 (LSU was #1) 
Kick Six to the Barners in 2013
2015 a 7 point loss to Ole Miss when they turned the ball over 5 times
Bama has a least a 2 game winning streak or more against everyone in the SEC but USCe because they haven't played each other since 2010.

Bama vs. the SEC last 11 years win streak (eleven year record):

vs. Arkansas 11 game win streak (last eleven years 11-0)
vs. Tennessee 10 game win streak (10-0)
vs. State 9 game win streak (9-1)
vs. LSU 6 game win streak (8-3) (Played twice in 2011, once for NC)
vs. Florida 5 game win streak (5-1)
vs. A&M 5 game win streak (5-1)
vs. Kentucky 4 game win streak (4-0)
vs. Georgia 3 game win streak (3-1)
vs. Auburn 3 game win streak (7-3)
vs. Vandy 3 game win streak (3-0)
vs. Missouri 2 game win streak (2-0)
vs. Ole Miss 2 game win streak (9-2)
vs. South Carolina 1 game losing streak (1-1) (Haven't played since 2010)