Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema:We didn't have the horses

Started by HoggyCat, October 15, 2017, 09:04:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

No excuse. You've had FIVE recruiting cycles.  This is 100% YOUR team. 

People bash Petrino's recruiting, but the further away from his tenure & signees, the worse we look.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

007 License To Squeal

and the "horses" didn't have the training, Bellyma!!   You've had 5 years to build your stable, and you failed!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

GTOWNHOG

Mr. Bielema is NOT going to be able to get it done in the SEC..... 
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

ICEman

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on October 15, 2017, 09:09:54 am
I am sure the 12 commits currently on the tote board are fine players in their own right but they at least on paper appear to do little to move the hope and excitement for the future dial.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

forrest city joe

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on October 15, 2017, 09:09:54 am
You guys still don't get it. it's not just the sec that's kicking our butts.we since coach B has been here,we have lost games to school like Rutgers,Texas Tech,TCU and Toledo.these are not sec teams.the program is not this bad because it's in the sec.so just stop it. the sec is not that good this year.Troy beat LSU.

Kevin

if we are going to compete when we have the horses, then that will never happen. got to have a great coach to compete
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rzrbackramsfan

Iowa State had the horses again OU, Syracuse had the horses against Clemson.  A&M had the horses to make it somewhat respectable.  I am so so tired of Bret.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 15, 2017, 10:05:59 am
You guys still don't get it. it's not just the sec that's kicking our butts.we since coach B has been here,we have lost games to school like Rutgers,Texas Tech,TCU and Toledo.these are not sec teams.the program is not this bad because it's in the sec.so just stop it. the sec is not that good this year.Troy beat LSU.

ThisGuy

I don't care what he says there are some talented players on  this football team he just doesn't put them in a good position to succeed

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Kevin on October 15, 2017, 10:07:45 am
if we are going to compete when we have the horses, then that will never happen. got to have a great coach to compete
Beliema had some great horses in '14-'15 and '15-'16, lots of NFL caliber on those team, just managed a Texas bowl and Libert Bowl.  That's his ceiling here.  But in all honesty, he's not going to get there.  His best teams had a lot of petrino players starring for them.

Redhogs

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 09:04:01 am
No excuse. You've had FIVE recruiting cycles.  This is 100% YOUR team. 

People bash Petrino's recruiting, but the further away from his tenure & signees, the worse we look.
Correct...over and over and over again. Looks like Bert is digging in like a tick...we are doomed.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

theFlyingHog

Bama = bigger, faster, stronger. They juicing or what? May explain why they don't do well in the league..

SemperFi

Six games into the 2017 season and BB is realizing that we don't have the horses to get it done. Mind boggling how $4 + mil a year jacks with ones perception of reality.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quit looking at recruit film while drunk. Everything looks faster when you're drunk.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogcard1964

Quote from: Redhogs on October 15, 2017, 10:18:44 am
Correct...over and over and over again. Looks like Bert is digging in like a tick...we are doomed.

2 and a half more months of his nonsense.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: SemperFi on October 15, 2017, 10:25:56 am
Six games into the 2017 season and BB is realizing that we don't have the horses to get it done. Mind boggling how $4 + mil a year jacks with ones perception of reality.

It just messes you up.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebHog

Guys its okay there is nothing on film that cant be corrected we got this #uncommon

RebelliousHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 15, 2017, 10:27:32 am
2 and a half more months of his nonsense.

The incessant bitching about the Coach, or the play we see on the field?

If it's the incessant bitching, then that wouldn't be there if the play on the field was better.

If it's the play on the field, then you see the problems.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

LZH

Long: Wth are you doing?

Bielema: Just keeping it real.

Long: What does that even mean? The stink of you is starting to get on me. Do something!

Bielema: Chill out boss. Kick back, have a cold one, and listen to some Bob Marley.

Long: Gotta go, Uncle Jerrah is on the other line.

Bielema: Tell him Gomer sez hey.

Long: Go @&&@&%#¥€!

The_Iceman

To be fair to Bielema, there are only a couple teams in the country that have the "horses" to compete with Saban and Bama. They are a dynasty for a reason.

Westcoasthog

Bielema you have to go out the door!

rude1

CBB continues to just say the most baffling things. Surely the guy understands that "having the horses" is HIS job to achieve. Saying that only serves to point out his own failures as a HC.....Unbelievable..........

hawgbawb

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 15, 2017, 10:17:04 am
Beliema had some great horses in '14-'15 and '15-'16, lots of NFL caliber on those team, just managed a Texas bowl and Libert Bowl.  That's his ceiling here.  But in all honesty, he's not going to get there.  His best teams had a lot of petrino players starring for them.
Our average recruiting class ranking is 25. Bama's is 1.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Tusks

BB just take your schtick and go away.  You haven't cashed one check your mouth has written.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hawgbawb on October 15, 2017, 10:50:05 am
Our average recruiting class ranking is 25. Bama's is 1.
More ping pong tables. More ping pong tables. More ping pong tables. Oh and 3 nights of beef burritos instead of two. Maybe another razorback fountain or two and that will get those 5 star players in here. But mainly more ping pong tables.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Redhogs

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 15, 2017, 10:40:29 am
To be fair to Bielema, there are only a couple teams in the country that have the "horses" to compete with Saban and Bama. They are a dynasty for a reason.
To be fair, we have not beat anybody but FCS and FBS teams the year...to be fair. Bert's record in the SEC now is 10-25..to be fair.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 15, 2017, 10:40:29 am
No one's arguing that. However, when you don't have the overall quality of athletes AND the ones you DO have obviously don't get the coaching, development, and leadership form the staff you only dig yourself in deeper and deeper. Again, I remind everyone of the oft quoted definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". The "Ground Hog Day" situation on the Hill long ago grew tiresome. At present what gives most honest hope and belief that things are going to drastically improve whether it be another year, five, ten, or longer ??? :-X

DeltaBoy

No it Sherlock ! Since the 2-3 years His recruits have regressed!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

October 15, 2017, 10:59:07 am #28 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:24:32 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: tncbg on October 15, 2017, 10:51:26 am
It's true that we don't have the horses, and we never will. The light came on for me watching TCU. They don't have five star players but they have speed. They recruit speed at every position and plug them in to a scheme that is built for speed. They don't care if a guy is a bit under sized as long as he can run. They know they can't recruit like Bama, so they developed a scheme that works with three star players who fly all over the field. Throw in some good coaching and you're the number six team in the country. They have a down year from time to time, but they win a lot more than we do. CBB is trying to play power football in a speed conference. It has not worked, and it never will work. He criticizes up tempo but it's here to stay. If you can't get 4and 5 star talent, you have to innovate and work with what you can get. Our program has no future with CBB at the helm. He will keep tilting at the same windmill and the losses will pile up. Stop adding seats and wondering why those gleaming facilities aren't working. Go find an innovative coach who understands our recruiting limitations and can work with them.

We lost to TCU this year BUT didn't we beat that "speed" team last year? My point is speed does matter but it isn't the only thing that matters.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

donbro

Quote from: ThisGuy on October 15, 2017, 10:13:51 am
I don't care what he says there are some talented players on  this football team he just doesn't put them in a good position to succeed
Finally put Wallace at tackle and it somewhat  solidified that position. I also saw Will Gragg running away from linebackers ,for the love of God why isn't he playing on passing down

MushroomCloudHog

a more accurate comment would be "Me and My assistants got out recruited and coached the last 5 seasons by just about every staff in our conference, Alabama being at the top of that list."

Vantage 8 dude

The bottom is that one doesn't necessarily have to have four and five stars from top to bottom to achieve success. While it doubtless helps, it's being able to develop the talent one has, to actually coach by game planning and making in game adjustments, AND getting your kids to play up to their absolute potential that can go a long, long way in achieving success. We have very little, if any, of that with this HC and much of his staff.

King Kong

Against Bama in year 5 I'm ok with this. They are on the greatest run in College Football history 

Against A&M, SC and TCU I'm not

LZH

Quote from: tncbg on October 15, 2017, 10:51:26 am
It's true that we don't have the horses, and we never will. The light came on for me watching TCU. They don't have five star players but they have speed. They recruit speed at every position and plug them in to a scheme that is built for speed. They don't care if a guy is a bit under sized as long as he can run. They know they can't recruit like Bama, so they developed a scheme that works with three star players who fly all over the field. Throw in some good coaching and you're the number six team in the country. They have a down year from time to time, but they win a lot more than we do. CBB is trying to play power football in a speed conference. It has not worked, and it never will work. He criticizes up tempo but it's here to stay. If you can't get 4and 5 star talent, you have to innovate and work with what you can get. Our program has no future with CBB at the helm. He will keep tilting at the same windmill and the losses will pile up. Stop adding seats and wondering why those gleaming facilities aren't working. Go find an innovative coach who understands our recruiting limitations and can work with them.

Nutt recruited speed, Petrino damn sure recruited speed, so what makes BB think big and slow will work here? I've never really understood this. He had some fast players at Wisconsin....what happened?

MushroomCloudHog

I think this guy could recruit and coach just as good

LZH

Quote from: MushroomCloudHog on October 15, 2017, 11:07:04 am
I think this guy could recruit and coach just as good

You mmma-mmma-make me happy.

hogcard1964

Quote from: King Kong on October 15, 2017, 11:04:22 am
Against Bama in year 5 I'm ok with this. They are on the greatest run in College Football history 

Against A&M, SC and TCU I'm not

You're ok with this?

The NewEra

It would be nice to see the horses we DO have put in a position to best utilize their talents.  Instead, we hear they aren't good enough, not deep enough, we need to make sure we aren't asking them to do things they can't do, etc.

There is always an excuse and I for one am tired of the excuses.  Given the proper coaching I bet this football team, with THESE players could be a much more competitive group than they have been coached to be under this HEAD COACH.  I don't see too few horses as much as I see one too many DONKEY's at the Head Coaching position. 

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: LZH on October 15, 2017, 11:08:29 am
You mmma-mmma-make me happy.

41-9 against Bama mmma-mmma-makes me happy.

DeltaBoy

We don't have a Kirkland or Dan Skipper on the line nor a Budda in the backfield!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jek Tono Porkins

Interestingly enough, three years ago he had the horses to compete with Bama. Lost by an extra point.

This guy has just checked out. He's done and he knows he's done. Wouldn't surprise me if he breaks a huddle with "1, 2, 3, CANCUN!"
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

#1Fan

Saying we don't have the horses is his way of saying the players aren't good enough and there's nothing the coaches can do about it.  Kind of like last week when he said "a coach is only going to be allowed to coach at a level of what his personnel is."  When is doubt, throw the players under the bus to save the coach's rep.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: #1Fan on October 15, 2017, 11:13:55 am
Saying we don't have the horses is his way of saying the players aren't good enough and there's nothing the coaches can do about it.  Kind of like last week when he said "a coach is only going to be allowed to coach at a level of what his personnel is."  When is doubt, throw the players under the bus to save the coach's rep.

Except the coaches rep is ALSO tied to recruiting all those players he has. I guess CBB forgot that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tophawg19

We as a team are Slow .Slow motion slow . On the first play , Their Rb ran away from our Db's and we had the angles on him. Whaley is slow starting . the Bama line was getting to him before he got started good . he needs to lose a bit of weight like the bama back did for more speed . We look like we are running in mud .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LZH

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 15, 2017, 11:12:16 am
Interestingly enough, three years ago he had the horses to compete with Bama. Lost by an extra point.

This guy has just checked out. He's done and he knows he's done. Wouldn't surprise me if he breaks a huddle with "1, 2, 3, CANCUN!"

Ha!

King Kong

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 15, 2017, 11:09:49 am
You're ok with this?

Against Bama yes. Not against anyone else we play against.

Heck even Petrino couldn't touch Bama

But I do expect to beat SC, A&M, Mizz, TCU, the Mississippi schools and beat LSU and Auburn about 50% of the time.

The NewEra

The biggest problem Bielema has right now is he has five years of interviews on the record that he can't walk away from.

"I get it, this is year five and it's time to win games"

LZH

Quote from: King Kong on October 15, 2017, 11:23:43 am
Against Bama yes. Not against anyone else we play against.

Heck even Petrino couldn't touch Bama

hoglady

There's really not much I hear that makes much sense to me.

This is not a statement most coaches make.
Should just talk about how good Bama is and not dog your own team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

King Kong

Quote from: LZH on October 15, 2017, 11:24:19 am

I guess I missed where Bama has stopped winning since then. Oh wait they have been even better since then