Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super conference

Started by leroyhawg, October 14, 2017, 11:47:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

leroyhawg

Let's put Alabama and The Ohio St, plus Clemson and Oregon. Michigan and Texas with USC  PENN ST AND oklahoma and Louisville for the hell of it in a 10 team conference let them kill each other

Realign the rest with geography and see how many champs come out of that league, maybe when they are door mats it will destroy their programs, let one team from those 10 in only one and o my if they win 12 games, the NCAA NEEDS TO DO IT RIGHT
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

HiggiePiggy

Really you put Louisville in there? I like Petrino, but no they are not in the elite section. 

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Malvin

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 14, 2017, 11:47:11 pm
Let's put Alabama and The Ohio St, plus Clemson and Oregon. Michigan and Texas with USC  PENN ST AND oklahoma and Louisville for the hell of it in a 10 team conference let them kill each other

Realign the rest with geography and see how many champs come out of that league, maybe when they are door mats it will destroy their programs, let one team from those 10 in only one and o my if they win 12 games, the NCAA NEEDS TO DO IT RIGHT

How about you stop putting panties on and learn to man the hell up.  It's not Alabama's fault that we are beyond terrible.  We are going to lose against every team in the SEC this year.. what would you have them do, put all the teams in the SEC in the 'elite' league.  How about we move Arkansas to the Sunbelt conference, would that make you feel better?

raZor71

Malvin, you win the internet for the rest of the year for that response! lol! Awesome!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Louisville and Oregon don't fit.

One of these things is not like the other. Struggle on the SAT?

my3boneheads

Quote from: Malvin on October 14, 2017, 11:57:22 pm
How about you stop putting panties on and learn to man the hell up.  It's not Alabama's fault that we are beyond terrible.  We are going to lose against every team in the SEC this year.. what would you have them do, put all the teams in the SEC in the 'elite' league.  How about we move Arkansas to the Sunbelt conference, would that make you feel better?

A-State would beat us. Some of ya couldn't handle getting beat by little brother.

Inhogswetrust

You're still in kindergarten I think.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgdavis

UGA will handle Bama this season, Bama is very beatable just haven't played anybody yet this year, if Clemson lost their QB for a few Games they are Done ,OSU is not a real player except for the sports media this year, Penn st.  maybe but have not played anyone at all , the PAC 12 is very weak. I said it after the first 2 weeks that there are no great teams this year and still stand by that, UGA may be moving in that Direction cause their Offense is getting better every week their Defense was missing 4-5 starters last night get a by week so they get their guys back against UF so they will be getting better ( that's scary) but what do I know.

RzrbkRat

Oregon has fallen back to reality. They were butt stomped by Stanford last night and not any better than we are this year.

Vantage 8 dude

October 15, 2017, 09:26:51 am #9 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:07:34 am by Vantage 8 dude

Oregon, really ??? :o I mean you did see what happened against Stanford (and against WSU last weekend). I would suggest you might want to swap out your choice and add the Cardinal who compete hard each and every year. And that's not just against the Pac 12.

One more thing: unless Herman can get UT turned around your choice here is also highly suspect. How about adding Wisconsin or Georgia instead. At least they could actually play and likely beat a good number of the others.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 11:54:56 pm
Really you put Louisville in there? I like Petrino, but no they are not in the elite section. 

LMAO but the OP puts them in there.  Clueless.

Hogwild

Even in a season where LSU fires their head coach, they still destroyed Petrino's Heisman led team.

atom hog

Louisville is not even remotely in that category. They will look like us soon. He can't sustain performance.

leroyhawg

I put him in there so no danger of him coming back here, these are not the best just the most [CENSORED] ones

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: Hogwild on October 15, 2017, 10:58:05 am
Even in a season where LSU fires their head coach, they still destroyed Petrino's Heisman led team.
Exactly bottom dwellers

Navin Johnson

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hogwild on October 15, 2017, 10:58:05 am

Also they destroyed Arkansas' Beliema led team.

leroyhawg

This was supposed to be fun, bama never win a champioship again, petrino forever in the basment, and actually have fun in CFB again

Navin Johnson

HiggiePiggy

Do you not have fun watching football?  I love college football. Even though my favorite team sucks it is still entertaining to watch all the other games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Martygit

I've got a good idea - every time we have a bad team, let's create a "good teams conference" and make all of the good teams play each other so we don't have to play them - then we can play in a conference made up of all of the "not very good teams" - that way, a not very good team can win a conference and pat themselves on the back - or we (Arkansas) could change conferences every year until we find a conference that we can win in - of course, that might change every year  :puke:
RIP OTR, REV

From Tusk Till Dawn

What you just described is essentially how relegation works in soccer (the other football).  Ive seen some articles on how that might look in college football and its interesting, I like the idea of moving up or down based on how well you play.  However, too much tradition (and $$) in college football to see that drastic of a change.

leroyhawg

Hasn't been fun since McFadden, Jones and the rest of the Team that my cat could've won the Conference with! Good players leave Us high and dry every year going to out of state schools, no passion with kids when they see Nick Saban taking what he wants.

So no it's not fun knowing you're going to lose by 4 touchdowns just about every week

Navin Johnson

From Tusk Till Dawn

Heres a recent article on it where they broke down like 15 years.  Check out what 2011 looked like, we would have been in the running for the championship.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/6/15724156/college-football-relegation-promotion-simulation

hobhog

Quote from: my3boneheads on October 15, 2017, 07:49:56 am
A-State would beat us. Some of ya couldn't handle getting beat by little brother.

Will thankfully never know how wrong you are....

leroyhawg

Quote from: MartinGit on October 15, 2017, 06:47:14 pm
I've got a good idea - every time we have a bad team, let's create a "good teams conference" and make all of the good teams play each other so we don't have to play them - then we can play in a conference made up of all of the "not very good teams" - that way, a not very good team can win a conference and pat themselves on the back - or we (Arkansas) could change conferences every year until we find a conference that we can win in - of course, that might change every year  :puke:
You don't think we have a problem

Navin Johnson

LRRandy

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 15, 2017, 06:45:15 pm
Do you not have fun watching football?  I love college football. Even though my favorite team sucks it is still entertaining to watch all the other games.
the college football season is especially fun with the types of upsets we had this weekend.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hogs-n-Roses

Want to level the playing field, start paying them. Open up the recruiting game where every one is doing what these elite schools do.

jvanhorn

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 15, 2017, 07:11:22 pm
Hasn't been fun since McFadden, Jones and the rest of the Team that my cat could've won the Conference with! Good players leave Us high and dry every year going to out of state schools, no passion with kids when they see Nick Saban taking what he wants.

So no it's not fun knowing you're going to lose by 4 touchdowns just about every week
I don't think it is a matter of Nick Saban taking what he wants as much as Nick Saban picking what he wants.  How hard is it to recruit when 4 and 5 star players are praying that you offer them a scholarship?  If ever there was a coach that didn't need to cheat in recruiting it would be him.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 15, 2017, 07:59:00 am
UGA will handle Bama this season, Bama is very beatable just haven't played anybody yet this year, if Clemson lost their QB for a few Games they are Done ,OSU is not a real player except for the sports media this year, Penn st.  maybe but have not played anyone at all , the PAC 12 is very weak. I said it after the first 2 weeks that there are no great teams this year and still stand by that, UGA may be moving in that Direction cause their Offense is getting better every week their Defense was missing 4-5 starters last night get a by week so they get their guys back against UF so they will be getting better ( that's scary) but what do I know.

But... but... how is their offense getting better?? It's Jim Chaney... he's a terrible OC and should be fired...

holeinthewall

OP should have his posting privileges revoked.