Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broyles got the short end of the stick

Started by leroyhawg, October 14, 2017, 10:03:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

leroyhawg

When Broyles made the move to the SEC he thought he was playing on an even playing field, Nolan enjoyed great success because it's a football conference now we can't even win regularly in Basketball, time to feel how the other SEC Doormats feel and put together a conference with some of them and some of the old SWC schools into a conference, let Alabama negotiate on their own, without us Doormats they would lose big money for t.v. who wants to watch Saban play smartbum at press conferences and halftime bull
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

DeltaBoy

Frank not around to care anymore!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Torqued pork

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 14, 2017, 10:03:52 pm
When Broyles made the move to the SEC he thought he was playing on an even playing field, Nolan enjoyed great success because it's a football conference now we can't even win regularly in Basketball, time to feel how the other SEC Doormats feel and put together a conference with some of them and some of the old SWC schools into a conference, let Alabama negotiate on their own, without us Doormats they would lose big money for t.v. who wants to watch Saban play smartbum at press conferences and halftime bull
The SWC was dying. The Big 8 may have offered if Texas were coming, but there was too much political pressure for UT to keep the SWC  going at the time. The move to the SEC was out of necessity. Broyles knew the football program needed to be upgraded.

orvillesghost

We have been in the league 25 years now and in only one season *2006* did we have a real shot to win the conference.

Pretty much tells you all you need to know...

leroyhawg

Quote from: orvillesghost on October 14, 2017, 10:21:14 pm
We have been in the league 25 years now and in only one season *2006* did we have a real shot to win the conference.

Pretty much tells you all you need to know...
I understand  all that, but its time to say see you later SEC time to enjoy.sports again, all games from the smallest schools to the biggest are on tv, without Doormats the big 5 conferences don't have crapTexas as it turns out were smarter when they get the right set up watch out

Navin Johnson

HognotinMemphis

Ark will compete for SEC title once a generation. Every 25 yrs or so.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PigPusher

Hello Big 12. Makes a lot more sense. Man you talk about some exciting football.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

moses_007

Broyles jumped out of the SWC and into the SEC because that's the league he played football in.  He played for Georgia Tech when it was an SEC member back in the day.

I honestly think it's the worst decision Broyles made in his entire A.D. tenure.  We have never won the SEC in football since joining the league in 1992.  I can count the great seasons we've had in the SEC on one hand. 

leroyhawg

Navin Johnson

PigPusher

Quote from: moses_007 on October 15, 2017, 01:20:30 am
Broyles jumped out of the SWC and into the SEC because that's the league he played football in.  He played for Georgia Tech when it was an SEC member back in the day.

I honestly think it's the worst decision Broyles made in his entire A.D. tenure.  We have never won the SEC in football since joining the league in 1992.  I can count the great seasons we've had in the SEC on one hand. 

Well yes.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Kneph13

October 15, 2017, 01:36:34 am #10 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:53:44 am by Kneph13
No Broyles gave us and the University the short end of the stick when he moved us to the SEC in the first place.  Not to mention his meddling,  running off Holtz, Hatfield, and not hiring Jimmy Johnson to name a few.

Downs 1-3; any combination of off-tackle left, off-tackle right, and fullback up the middle, if no first down punt.  Sound familiar?  While it worked 50 years ago, that duck hasn't flown in a very long time.
There is no Political Correctness in war

HogFoo

Well, while we havent had the success in football as we all crave, we were headed that way until our dbag of a coach ran into the ditch. And then he wouldnt accept the punishment for doing it and told Long no when Long tried to keep him, so Long fired him.  In steps JLS which was probably as close to getting the death penalty as possible.  Then in steps a guy who had a  pretty long reputation for being a winner.  He did beat one of the best teams we've had here at Arkansas with Dmac back in 06'.     As for wrong decision to come.  I dont know, we have the best facilities in just about every single sport in the entire country.  Basketball is headed up and will be back where it belongs in the next year or two, baseball is already there, a NC will be in Van Horns grasp any day now, Track isnt quite the perrenial NC winner like it used to be, but it is still winning on a regular basis NC's.  Women's track doing the same, i think we just hired a great lady basketball coach, so i suspect it'll be headed upwards again, i mean, we have a lot going for us.  But, nothing is quite as good as when football is great huh?   I think we are going to be ok though, and i think that we're closer than some think.  At this point, Bielema either wins enough games this season to keep his job and then wallows in what looks to be a very favorable home schedule next season, along with a more seasoned team, with quite a few upperclassman and returning injured players,  or he doesnt win enough games and is fired and we begin the search for a new coach.  Either way, i do believe that the football team has talent, and i believe whoever is coaching next season will have a good season in whats to be a long line of good seasons.  But, we'll see..  how this season plays out will be a big factor in dertiming what we have to look forward to next season.  As for me, i like the SEC, and  i think that we've did a very good job competing in every single sport, cept maybe football, and i really do believe that we'll finally get that figured out too.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Why don't you "poor little old Arky" people at least get the facts straight.
We're not a doormat because we're in over our heads.
We're in over our heads because we've had ONLY ONE quality coach since Hatfield.......And we integritied him out the door.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mrp on October 14, 2017, 10:48:52 pm
Arkansas does not now and has never belonged in the SEC.

Three letters so-called fans don't belong as fans. See how easy that is. We belong in the SEC as much as the old SWC or we would in the little 12.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Torqued pork

The SWC was not going to survive and the Big 8 never extended an offer. What is there about that is so hard to comprehend?

grassroothog

Quote from: PigPusher on October 15, 2017, 01:02:40 am
Hello Big 12. Makes a lot more sense. Man you talk about some exciting football.
Lots of okies in the ft.smith / nwa areas. That would be a BIG game every year.

rhog1

Quote from: PigPusher on October 15, 2017, 01:02:40 am

Hello unstable conference that is not guaranteed to survive it's grant of rights. Hello Longhorn  Network and unequal revenue sharing. Hello conference that one school "Texas" dominates the entire conference politics. I mean why wouldn't we want to jump to that?

HognotinMemphis

If you have only 1 finger left after all of those assembly line accidents, you can still count the GREAT seasons we've had since joining the SEC.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 14, 2017, 11:38:50 pm

Sad but true
Let's call those hogs!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: rzrbk4life on October 15, 2017, 07:55:39 am
Sad but true
Which means, by law of averages, we'll be back in the SECCG around 2026, give or take a couple of years. That's only 9 years away. Hope you are not in your 80's yet.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sweet Feet

We are only in the SEC for the Money. It's been nothing but a 25 year money grab... We should have went to the Big 12. We don't belong in the SEC and never have.

FineAsSwine

texas tush hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 14, 2017, 11:38:50 pm

We'd be competing now if Jeffie does not fire Petrino or makes the right hire(Gus)to replace him.

Westcoasthog

swineology

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 14, 2017, 10:03:52 pm

You are dumb

Look around on campus, oh wait, you've never attended a game in faytown

leroyhawg

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on October 15, 2017, 02:54:18 am
Why don't you "poor little old Arky" people at least get the facts straight.
We're not a doormat because we're in over our heads.
We're in over our heads because we've had ONLY ONE quality coach since Hatfield.......And we integritied him out the door.
its not that we dont belong in the SEC its that theSEC IS Alabama

Navin Johnson

Torqued pork

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 15, 2017, 06:45:29 pm
We are only in the SEC for the Money. It's been nothing but a 25 year money grab... We should have went to the Big 12. We don't belong in the SEC and never have.

What if we joined the Big XII and it went belly up. Would the SEC be nice enough to let us back in or what?

ncrebel

It's amazing to see all of the big 12 idiots show up on Hogville when we have a down season.  It would be a catastrophic decision to ever go the the big 12.  Thank God the university doesn't pander to the nonsense spewed on Internet message boards.

We do belong in the SEC.  Knock off the "poor little Arkansas" crap, "lets move to the big 12 because Bob Stoops says we would be a good fit", BS.  Let's get a coach who can compete. 

We will NEVER be Bama.  Let's at least get a coach who can compete and get us to the championship game every now and then. 
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

leroyhawg

Quote from: swineology on October 15, 2017, 06:58:23 pm
You are dumb

Look around on campus, oh wait, you've never attended a game in faytown I would wager I have been to more than you. I live 20 minutes away. No trouble finding tickets, now am I less dumb because my dick is bigger

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 15, 2017, 07:39:35 pm
What if we joined the Big XII and it went belly up. Would the SEC be nice enough to let us back in or what?
I'm glad you enjoy losing, not everyone is like you

Navin Johnson

Seebs

Hogville - where revisionist history even gets it wrong.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

leroyhawg

Quote from: swineology on October 15, 2017, 06:58:23 pm
You are dumb

Look around on campus, oh wait, you've never attended a game in faytown
BAMA can use a new fan

Navin Johnson

HawgPound

Those posting about not making the move to the SEC must be young. Arkansas was going to be left out and Broyles even said so. Arkansas was damn lucky to get into the SEC they way they did. Sheesh... ..I know things are down but come on guys. Stop grasping at every straw.

ncrebel

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 15, 2017, 07:49:42 pm

You didn't answer his question, which is actually a very legitimate one, and not far off from reality.   
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

WilsonHog

We belong in the SEC for one reason, and one reason only.

Money.

The paycheck.

It's not about geography. It's not about tradition. It's not about competition.

Dollars and cents.

Torqued pork

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 15, 2017, 07:49:42 pm
Who enjoys losing? I just don't see how anyone could know the Big XII is on solid ground or assume Arkansas would be offered a nice landing spot if we joined and it folded.

SchrodingersHog

Agreed.  Everyone here says the SWC was dying and we had to leave.  I don't know if that's accurate.  We left and the conference crumbled a few years later.  Our departure was not the only reason for the demise of the SWC, but it did put the rest of the conference in a bind.  I would have preferred staying in the SWC, where we were competitive and relevant.

We aren't leaving the SEC.  Too much money.  It is what it is.  I wish we could be competitive, and maybe we will be someday.