Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TJ Hammonds?

Started by Wildhog, October 14, 2017, 09:41:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Why in the actual hell is he not playing?  Is he hurt?  If not, what did he do to Bielema, personally?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RebHog

Look at the Oline changes finally made that most have been screaming about since week 1. This coach doesn't have daddy alvarez telling him what he needs to do he is clueless.

snoot hoggy hog

Jordan Jones and Stewart played their arse off tonight. Give it a rest.

Cure

He probably demanded touches (because he's a gamer) and that ticked off CBB.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

rude1

Too fast I suppose, seems once a guy is heralded as having speed, we just seem to see less of him. Add that to the list of WTH we continue to see from this HC. Starting a walkon true freshman on the O line? Either you found someone everyone truly missed on OR you are having a crisis developing and or recruiting offensive lineman. Honestly there is no rhyme or reason for what we are seeing now, they are simply throwing crap against the wall and see what sticks, they ran out of true IDEAS long time ago....................

RebHog

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on October 14, 2017, 09:43:55 pm

So that is good for the WR's what does this have to do with a RB that can give you a wrinkle in your offense?

Edited.... I used to think all these HV "heros".....etc Korliss Marshall.......that never see the field cause they are awesome just chalked it up on idiots dreaming but seeing the shuffle at Oline that BB is supposed to be a guru at makes me really think he doesn't even know his best players to put on the field.

sowmonella

I believe he's fighting an injury.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2017, 09:46:02 pm
Too fast I suppose, seems once a guy is heralded as having speed, we just seem to see less of him. Add that to the list of WTH we continue to see from this HC. Starting a walkon true freshman on the O line? Either you found someone everyone truly missed on OR you are having a crisis developing and or recruiting offensive lineman. Honestly there is no rhyme or reason for what we are seeing now, they are simply throwing crap against the wall and see what sticks, they ran out of true IDEAS long time ago....................
I think Bielema is obsessed with finding the next JJ Watt
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RebHog

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: sowmonella on October 14, 2017, 09:49:58 pm
I believe he's fighting an injury.
correct. Got stepped on last week
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hoglady

Quote from: Wildhog on October 14, 2017, 09:41:37 pm
Why in the actual hell is he not playing?  Is he hurt?  If not, what did he do to Bielema, personally?

If Hammonds has a lick of sense and wants to play football - if Bielema stays he needs to transfer.
That he wasn't redshirted last year or this year / with the few meaningless touches he's had isn't really defensible.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Tusks

It's one of the biggest mysteries on the team.  Just flip the ball to him and let him run.  He's never got less than 7 yards on a play.

Thats ok, he'll really shin in the new spread that will on the hill next year.  He'll be in space and maybe the first hog to rush for a 1000 and have receiving yards of a 1000
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 09:46:12 pm
So that is good for the WR's what does this have to do with a RB that can give you a wrinkle in your offense?

Edited.... I used to think all these HV "heros".....etc Korliss Marshall.......that never see the field cause they are awesome just chalked it up on idiots dreaming but seeing the shuffle at Oline that BB is supposed to be a guru at makes me really think he doesn't even know his best players to put on the field.

You think T. J. could have did more than Hayden Whaley and Williams tonight? Nah B...what's next? Ty should've gotten some reps? Grant Morgan should've played over Scoota because he's Drew's little brother? Just stop

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:50:46 pm

I bet B.B. got upset and held him out because he doesn't like guys that get injured. He's always favoring the non-injured players over injured ones. It's almost like he's purposely playing them over the injured ones.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Cure

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on October 14, 2017, 09:54:11 pm
You think T. J. could have did more than Hayden Whaley and Williams tonight? Nah B...what's next? Ty should've gotten some reps? Grant Morgan should've played over Scoota because he's Drew's little brother? Just stop
Using TJ gives you some flexibility and it keeps the defense locked into where he's at on the field. A back should also be a receiving threat as well, not just a decoy.

Yes, TJ could've done more, but the same coud be said for Hayden, Whaley and Williams. It's just on the staff to put them into positions to be successful, not predictable.
Team Economics

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2017, 09:58:34 pm
....and....we have another one who never played past eighth grade...

And we have another one that doesn't get sarcasm.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:50:24 pm
I think Bielema is obsessed with finding the next JJ Watt

By the time Bielema is done here, J.J. Watt may be the only thing Bielema can hang his hat on.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: Cure on October 14, 2017, 09:56:41 pm
Using TJ gives you some flexibility and it keeps the defense locked into where he's at on the field. A back should also be a receiving threat as well, not just a decoy.

Yes, TJ could've done more, but the same coud be said for Hayden, Whaley and Williams. It's just on the staff to put them into positions to be successful, not predictable.

Newsflash, every team we have played has been dead set on stopping us from establishing our ground game.

Cure

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on October 14, 2017, 10:01:19 pm
Newsflash, every team we have played has been dead set on stopping us from establishing our ground game.
Thanks for letting me know that.

You missed what I was saying. TJ gives you the chance to flex him wide and place more pressure on the perimeter because he knows both HB and WR. He is the best option in space at RB in the passing game.
Team Economics

onebadrubi

Stewart has no business returning punts or kicks.  Hammonds will get a shot with the new coach and show out

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:50:46 pm

He's played since this has happened

Porkchop#1

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 14, 2017, 09:56:09 pm
I bet B.B. got upset and held him out because he doesn't like guys that get injured. He's always favoring the non-injured players over injured ones. It's almost like he's purposely playing them over the injured ones.
No that's not it at all.  TJ got two carries last week which is twice what he's supposed to get, so no touches this week!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2017, 10:01:07 pm
no way! my bad bro!

good sarcasm

I've been drinking

You drink? I'd never suspect that.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 14, 2017, 10:12:45 pm
No that's not it at all.  TJ got two carries last week which is twice what he's supposed to get, so no touches this week!

This shouldn't be funny, but I laughed.

RebHog

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on October 14, 2017, 09:54:11 pm

Not as a runner no but guess what genius use him in motion like Alabama did with a lot of their players get the ball or not. If they ignore then give him the ball don't think anyone here is saying use him as a traditional runner over our other backs.
Scoota is good but keep throwing backups out there randomly that should start I guess. Your imagination must be tied to our current coaching staff yikes!   ??? :P

RebHog

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2017, 09:54:55 pm
you mean the guy I want fired?

that guy?

He's probably doing okay with an underling ordering some good food delivered onto the tarmac before liftoff. I don't blame him or anyone else for feeling like it's time to eat.

You would keep him over Gus?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2017, 10:29:20 pm
You're entire persona is increasingly weird

It is correct.

A mirage of a record at Wisconsin (thanks to Alvarez)

A failure in the SEC.

=  Only J.J Watt to hang his hat on.

When Watt begins to fade in the NFL, then Bielema won't even be able to hang his hat on him.

RebHog

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2017, 10:34:03 pm
Would I keep a decent human being over a cheating lying bad human being?

Yes.

Yes I would.

Hmm okay post some links proving this?
I agree BB is probably a good guy but I know a fkn lot of good guys not making 4+ mill a year.
Once again explain why BB is better to keep and prove your accusations.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2017, 09:54:55 pm
you mean the guy I want fired?

that guy?

He's probably doing okay with an underling ordering some good food delivered onto the tarmac before liftoff. I don't blame him or anyone else for feeling like it's time to eat.
Doing better than butch jones that's for sure

RebHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 14, 2017, 10:48:41 pm
I don't care what anybody says on this site, Hammonds isn't playing because he is in BB's difference maker doghouse!  It's that simple.  Go back to last season and give me one reason a 6'3 receiver who runs a legit 4.3 forty with great hands didn't see the field.  The young man I'm speaking of went to pro day and impressed but today he isn't in the league.  You get one guess why he isn't.  If you want to know the story behind this young man's experience in Fayetteville, pm me, email me, whatever.  What I have to tell you will shock you in the least!  BB plays favorites with this team and we are seeing the result.

No this would crush Ward's Physic we are pure and uncommon

Hey still waiting on the links that proves lying and cheating ward

Roaringboar

They did, but if you throw Hammonds into the mix, it might've been a three-man roation at reciever......Hammonds is to good and fast to not be playing.......this is one of Bielema's stupidest mistakes every week, they might run two or three plays, then it's back to the bench........Hammonds should've stayed at reciever even after RW retired.......he would've given us some excellent depth while the other recievers begin to develop......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2017, 10:29:20 pm
Your entire persona is increasingly weird

He's butt hurt over his idol getting man handled by SYRACUSE and giving up the game for clemson

BigSexyHog

No reason for him to be a part of the program.  He is wasting his time.  Gp elsewhere and play
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

RedRock

BB does not know how to coach speed

Chop1034

He tweeted this out shortly after the game was over. Did he even travel with the team?

parallaxpig

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2017, 09:46:02 pm

This............he has speed..............get him in the weight run and slow his arse down.............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

hoglady

Quote from: Chop1034 on October 15, 2017, 08:05:05 am
He tweeted this out shortly after the game was over. Did he even travel with the team?

What did he tweet?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

parallaxpig

If Joe Adams was on this team he would never play on special teams. Bielema does not believe in putting speed on the field.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

greenEGnHAWGS

Lol
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

WilsonHog

Wasn't it just two weeks ago that Enos said he really believed TJ was about to have a "break out" game?

TebowHater

Sidvicious

He needs to be on kick return at minimum!

farmhawg

He must not be a Brett fav.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

RedRazorHog

I think he def loves Dre Greenlaw and he's been injured.  I think CBB just has his favorites and he plays favorites vs the "best man up".
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

RedRazorHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 14, 2017, 10:48:41 pm
I don't care what anybody says on this site, Hammonds isn't playing because he is in BB's difference maker doghouse!  It's that simple.  Go back to last season and give me one reason a 6'3 receiver who runs a legit 4.3 forty with great hands didn't see the field.  The young man I'm speaking of went to pro day and impressed but today he isn't in the league.  You get one guess why he isn't.  If you want to know the story behind this young man's experience in Fayetteville, pm me, email me, whatever.  What I have to tell you will shock you in the least!  BB plays favorites with this team and we are seeing the result.

Know you are talking about Reed - and I agree - CBB "decided" he didn't like him and decided not to put him in position to play or help win.  This is the issue with CBB - he purely plays favorites... you're either one of his guys or you don't play.  Jalen Merrick, Brian Wallace, TJ Hammonds, Will Gragg are all very, very good players who rarely get a shot but definitely should be playing major minutes.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Jimbob111

Quote from: tusked on October 14, 2017, 09:53:20 pm

It's one of the biggest mysteries on the team.  Just flip the ball to him and let him run.  He's never got less than 7 yards on a play.

Thats ok, he'll really shin in the new spread that will on the hill next year.  He'll be in space and maybe the first hog to rush for a 1000 and have receiving yards of a 1000

It's not mystery at all. As I recall, his stepfather or father called out BB's underutilization of him on twitter last season and since that time, he has changed position and disappeared.

He'd be much more valuable at RB than WR. But he remains a WR. Why? By playing him outside of his natural position, he can justify lack of playing time.

He played well enough last season, when he was used, that sitting third or even fourth string at RB should have been  next position. He's quick, he's shifty, he's smaller so easier hid behind a large o-line.

I see one reason that he is not playing more in games and it's the same reason Wallace wasn't. Beliema wants to punish someone who's not #uncommon enough.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

SemperFi

That's some funny stuff right there^^^^
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hoglady

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 15, 2017, 09:09:36 am
Wouldn't be surprised if he transfers, just for a fresh start.

If Bret stays, what other choice does he have.
If he can't get on the field with this team, he's never getting on the field here.

Tusks

TJ will do wonders in next years spread offense brought in.  He's perfect of that type of game.  I say he will flourish.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DemiHOG

Seen him play in high school , thought he was over rated and not mentally tough at all,