Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Gave Bret my support to start this year fell off the wagon against TCU and

Started by rzrbackramsfan, October 14, 2017, 06:47:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Thought he should be fired at the end of the year.  If this game continues going the way it does, I'm the newest member of the, leave bret off the $&@$@&$ plane back to fayetteville, camp.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 14, 2017, 06:47:52 pm
Thought he should be fired at the end of the year.  If this game continues going the way it does, I'm the newest member of the, leave bret off the $&@$@&$ plane back to fayetteville, camp.

THIS is the game you choose to hit that point? That if we get slaughtered by the #1 team in the country at their place? Ummmm...Ok...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rzrbackramsfan

Yea because this is Bret shot at redemption and to crap on that opportunity is the last straw. 

RebHog

Damn it took you this long?

Bkhardicars

I got off the wagon after last week. I would have stayed on if he would have gotten rid of that lousy excuse of an Offensive line coach.

idochog

I love Jesus!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 14, 2017, 07:48:25 pm
Yea because this is Bret shot at redemption and to crap on that opportunity is the last straw.

His last shot was vs Bama...Dang...that's harsh.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Torqued pork

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 14, 2017, 08:01:25 pm

Its just reality.  Theres not enough left on the schedule to make up for the atrocities he's committed as the head football coach. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Roaringboar

We're called the Non-Beliemers.........

Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

PossumFan

South Carolina was the breaking point for me. Sad, because I like Bret ... just not his results.

Matt Burks

Quote from: PossumFan on October 14, 2017, 10:17:01 pm
South Carolina was the breaking point for me. Sad, because I like Bret ... just not his results.
I was on the fence and the South Carolina game pushed me over as well

RedRock

code red

No doubt
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ronmahony

I thought he had lost his mind when he played Brandon with a gimp leg against Mo. but I hung in there, the Missouri then V.T. Games did it for me. Every game since then has just added to it.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 14, 2017, 08:01:25 pm

No kidding. That's like playing Russian Roulette with all the revolvers cylinders having a bullet except one instead of the other way around.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HOGINTENNESSEE

I was on board till the South Carolina game.

Getting blown out by a mediocre team like that in year five was pathetic

TCU I could understand much more. Good team with an excellent coach

smb

Let's face it alot of us appreciate what coach BB has done for the program. But he just hasn't been able been able to put Arkansas back to a prominent football team on the national scene. Even he has to admit that. His recruiting skills and player development are not there. But coach BB thanks for trying.
GeorgiaHOG

HognotinMemphis

Lol. Are you always this easy?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

havok

I started to get off the wagon 2 years ago, when he ran his mouth before the Texas Tech game but didn't come close to delivering

The cumulative affect of quitting at halftime of games, from last year to the TCU game this year, was the last straw.

rzrbackrob

It was the Auburn loss 3-56 last year that started it for me
Missouri and VT nails in coffin
But South Carolina was when full apathy took over
For the first time in my life, I had the opportunity to watch the game and decided to do something else. Did not check score till after movie and it just happened to flash across screen while watching the late football games.

Jeff Long maybe considered a great AD, but he has destroyed the Arkansas football program.
A new AD could make BB's life a living hell and get that buyout negotiated down to a reasonable level.
A new AD and coach would be the only thing that could completely break my apathy for Arkansas football.
Good is the enemy of great

farmhawg

Quote from: smb on October 15, 2017, 07:32:34 am
Let's face it alot of us appreciate what coach BB has done for the program. But he just hasn't been able been able to put Arkansas back to a prominent football team on the national scene. Even he has to admit that. His recruiting skills and player development are not there. But coach BB thanks for trying.
What he has done? Worst team in modern era, guess that counts.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

'Fraid with all the "drinking game" posts a LOT of folks have fallen' off the wagon.  ;) 8) :)

tusksincolorado

Quote from: rzrbackrob on October 15, 2017, 08:03:11 am
It was the Auburn loss 3-56 last year that started it for me
Missouri and VT nails in coffin
But South Carolina was when full apathy took over
For the first time in my life, I had the opportunity to watch the game and decided to do something else. Did not check score till after movie and it just happened to flash across screen while watching the late football games.

Jeff Long maybe considered a great AD, but he has destroyed the Arkansas football program.
A new AD could make BB's life a living hell and get that buyout negotiated down to a reasonable level.
A new AD and coach would be the only thing that could completely break my apathy for Arkansas football.

John White successfully destroyed the Program...BTW Barner did it for me.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 07:53:07 pm
Damn it took you this long?

It took me until the South Carolina game, but I jumped right off the support truck to the trash truck immediately. I finally succumbed to the fact that he will be here at least until the last game of the season, but here's hoping, for our kids sake, that CPR or CDE is coaching in a bowl game while the new guy is getting his nest made...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tejano Jawg

My feelings are represented as a composite of the above comments. Here is the sequence for me—

-Auburn, and what they did to us, may be have been the worst Hog performance I've ever seen. Not that something could erase that feeling, however...

-Mizzou, should have been an automatic win to end the regular season. There is no way on earth we should lose to a team that poor. This game, more than any other, defied the laws of nature. We almost doubled their first downs, more than doubled their time of possession. And as I recall, it was the first (and only) game that we lost when Rawleigh Williams ran for over 100 yards. No second half points for us while giving up 21 unanswered. Our football program has not received from this half.

-Virgina Tech, a carbon copy of the Mizzou game—24 first half points followed by zero in the second half—with one exception. We gave up 35 second half points against them.

-TCU, yes, good team. Better than we thought. But our play was uninspired. Why?

-South Carolina, so-so team. This was the absolute must-have game for a decent season. We needed one quality/conference win before the schedule got harder. Saying our play was uninspired is an understatement.

-Alabama, n/a.

This is not the trajectory you want when looking to the future.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PossumFan on October 14, 2017, 10:17:01 pm
Same here.