Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Nation...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 14, 2017, 09:08:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

They just previewed the Arkansas/Alabama game.  All they did was laugh for a minute,  then move on to the next game.  No,  I'm not kidding.  That's what they did. 

"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Danny J

The Boar War

It's probably because I'm an Arkansas fan but it seems like they relish when we are down.  Like they really enjoy it.  I don't get this feeling when they're talking about Ole Miss or Mizzou.

jgphillips3

What else can you do but laugh about this game?  The guys who club baby seals to death wouldn't want to watch this happen.

B Ray

It is what it is, until we do something that makes us dominant, expect to be laughed at.. CBB has a lot to prove over many weeks ahead, I hope we aren't embarrassed 2 weeks ina row.

Whether if no one likes him or not, we were just starting to become a national threat week after week with CBP.. If hiring an A hole  as a coach results to wins and contention for SEC and NCAA championships   , Im all for it .. Saban fits this role, no ,I'm not expecting to go get Saban ..

Open the checkbook and hire a Top name, recruiting is easier with a top name .

ESPN gave Alabama a 98% chance to win today.. just think about that

JOKERHOG

Quote from: B Ray on October 14, 2017, 10:00:22 am
It is what it is, until we do something that makes us dominant, expect to be laughed at.. CBB has a lot to prove over many weeks ahead, I hope we aren't embarrassed 2 weeks ina row.

Whether if no one likes him or not, we were just starting to become a national threat week after week with CBP.. If hiring an A hole  as a coach results to wins and contention for SEC and NCAA championships   , Im all for it .. Saban fits this role, no ,I'm not expecting to go get Saban ..

I miss the good ole days when we always felt like we could beat #1 Texas.  The 1981 game was incredible
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

jcbville

Quote from: B Ray on October 14, 2017, 10:00:22 am

Nobody in the current SEC is getting a big name coach. Nobody.

Hawghiggs

We will always be the step child of the SEC.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 14, 2017, 09:08:19 am
They just previewed the Arkansas/Alabama game.  All they did was laugh for a minute,  then move on to the next game.  No,  I'm not kidding.  That's what they did. 

That captures my complaint in a nutshell. It's not just the losing, it's the absolute lack of competitiveness against top teams that sucks the hope out of me as a fan.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 14, 2017, 09:54:40 am
What else can you do but laugh about this game?  The guys who club baby seals to death wouldn't want to watch this happen.
Yeah, I suspect the poor, pitiful baby seals would stand a much better chance. Sad to witness to what level this program has fallen.

From Tusk Till Dawn

honestly coverage wasnt much better even when the team was better and games were tighter.  I used to use the espn app for scores etc.  I would go to ncaaf, select news, and scroll endlessly through the stories and clips of bama, lsu, Florida, auburn Georgia, Tennessee, probably 10-1 ratio easy.  We never get good press (might have contributed to dmac being a runnerup also).

forrest city joe

Can you blame them? have you seen the Hogs play the end of last year and this year?no sense and getting mad about it.it's what happens when the team is this bad.

Backcountryhog

Bert should be totally ashamed.
Screw Texas

David†

Quote from: Backcountryhog on October 14, 2017, 10:52:03 am
Bert should be totally ashamed.

He is. It's written all over him in post game interviews.

forrest city joe

It's sad to see,but we did it to ourselves. no use getting mad at  people who laughing at the Hogs these days.

David†

We get the right coach in place and start winning. Things will change.

HogPharmer

Quote from: HogsonHicks on October 14, 2017, 10:32:29 am
That captures my complaint in a nutshell. It's not just the losing, it's the absolute lack of competitiveness against top ANY teams that sucks the hope out of me as a fan.

FIFY
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TheRedBoarn

Does the Battle of Little Big Horn concur up the right image.  There will not even be a "last stand".   Zulu Dawn might be more accurate.  Saban always seems like a gentleman when Bama plays the shoats, but there is only so much Saban can do here.  Mercy rule please.

leroyhawg

Time to say goodbye to the Redneck club k own as SEC :puke:
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

leroyhawg

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 14, 2017, 10:18:45 am
13 other schools feel that way, all we do is enable BAMA to get huge tv revenue, the smart money is waiting on Saban to retire.

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

After Saban it will be someone else, but it won't be at Arkansas,as much as we like to think so else are not part of the good ol boy white system relatively new money, who besides a Nolan Richardson with a drive most of us will never understand can succeed, really the only reason a black player would want to go to these white Universities is the money they get paid and the adoration of being on National tv

Navin Johnson

presidenthog

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 15, 2017, 01:20:30 am
After Saban it will be someone else, but it won't be at Arkansas,as much as we like to think so else are not part of the good ol boy white system relatively new money, who besides a Nolan Richardson with a drive most of us will never understand can succeed, really the only reason a black player would want to go to these white Universities is the money they get paid and the adoration of being on National tv

The level of stupid in this post is a microcosm of how dumb this site is.

HardCore

Quote from: David† on October 14, 2017, 11:03:27 am
We get the right coach in place and start winning. Things will change.

Going to need the right AD or Admin first.  Long will just go get another Candy A$$.  In this conference, you have to have a meticulous, Type A, overkill competitive Harda$$.  For REF:  See Saban, see Smart
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HardCore on October 15, 2017, 08:48:39 am
Going to need the right AD or Admin first.  Long will just go get another Candy A$$.  In this conference, you have to have a meticulous, Type A, overkill competitive Harda$$.  For REF:  See Saban, see Smart

Long will not be permitted to hire a Candy A$$.  His role will be in name only for the next hire.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

farmhawg

Quote from: presidenthog on October 15, 2017, 01:32:04 am
The level of stupid in this post is a microcosm of how dumb this site is.
I am sure you can get a refund. They will probably let you keep the sign on bonus as well.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 14, 2017, 10:18:45 am

a lot of 4th his has to do with us and our decisions and everything to do with wins and loses

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 14, 2017, 10:08:55 am
I miss the good ole days when we always felt like we could beat #1 Texas.  The 1981 game was incredible
Made an impression on me. :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

leroyhawg

SEC has used us to build an Alabama dynasty. I know when it's time to get th hell out of a bad Marriage, this one can't cook clean or get off her azz

Navin Johnson