Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A and M failed to get the memo before playing North Carolina

Started by rzrbkman, March 18, 2018, 06:19:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbkman

The one that states a team is not supposed to beat North Carolina in their home state and that if a team actively tries to beat the Tar Heels, then the referees will slant the calls all in favor of North Carolina.

rzrbackramsfan

WorfHog

Yep UNC's getting schooled and TAMU is the second best team in the SEC year in and year out. Hogs are at home watching it rain.

RoyHobbs92

I called a&m to lose first round. I was way off. Just embarrassed the tar heels.

LRHawg

Danny J

That was the aTm team from earlier this year when they were #4.

GuvHog

Quote from: LRHawg on March 18, 2018, 06:31:20 pm
Shows you what can happen when your big takes over a
Game.

Yep that just shows that good big men are important, contrary to what some on here believe. Someone in the Basketball Recruiting Forum had the audacity to state that Arkansas doesn't need good true big men.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

1highhog

Quote from: GuvHog on March 18, 2018, 06:37:40 pm
Yep that just shows that good big men are important, contrary to what some on here believe. Someone in the Basketball Recruiting Forum had the audacity to state that Arkansas doesn't need good true big men.

Hey, Nolan said that didn't he?

LRHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on March 18, 2018, 06:37:40 pm

Gafford just needs the mean streak and another 10-15 lbs.

daprospecta

Game.
Also shows what happens when you have first round talent that stays another year.

GuvHog

Quote from: LRHawg on March 18, 2018, 06:58:31 pm
Gafford just needs the mean streak and another 10-15 lbs.

He also needs another good big backup to give him a breather ever now and then.

GuvHog

Quote from: 1highhog on March 18, 2018, 06:57:45 pm
Hey, Nolan said that didn't he?

Yeah, he did. Then proved himself wrong by bringing in Darnell Robinson (6'11" 245 LBS) and promptly winning the National Title.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: GuvHog on March 18, 2018, 07:13:29 pm
Yeah, he did. Then proved himself wrong by bringing in Darnell Robinson (6'11" 245 LBS) and promptly winning the National Title.

Darnell was 245lbs in the 8th grade.

Paul

Quote from: GuvHog on March 18, 2018, 07:13:29 pm
& Lee Wilson

HogBreath

Game.
I'm just thankful for our glorious "system" that doesn't need any bigs, especially since if Gafford hooks it up, we won't have any next year.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

GuvHog

Quote from: Paul on March 18, 2018, 07:34:14 pm
& Lee Wilson

True, but Lee didn't play much his Freshman season. Darnell came off of the bench frequently to help Corliss and was a big factor during the NCAA Tournament Championship run.

GuvHog

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 18, 2018, 07:20:39 pm
Darnell was 245lbs in the 8th grade.

Darnell weighed 245 his freshman year at Arkansas but against Nolan's advice, he ballooned up to 280 after his freshman season.

WMHawgfan

Quote from: Paul on March 18, 2018, 07:34:14 pm
& Lee Wilson
Darnell never really was a factor. Lee was a very good defender but limited on offense. Dwight Stewart was the best big we had in that era. Other than Corliss of course.

GuvHog

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 18, 2018, 07:45:18 pm
Darnell never really was a factor. Lee was a very good defender but limited on offense. Dwight Stewart was the best big we had in that era. Other than Corliss of course.

Totally false. Darnell was a big factor during the NCAA Tournament Championship run and came off of the bench frequently during the regular seaon to help Corliss underneath the basket.

Mellon Collie

A@M's win tonight is a harsh idictment on MA, no way around it.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Mellon Collie on March 18, 2018, 07:51:10 pm

Probably more on Roy Williams. Just guessing.

hogsanity

Hogs fans " Hope we dont get screwed by getting in the same region with NC "

A&M " We know how to throw the ball to our big and we just beat NC by 20 "
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mellon Collie on March 18, 2018, 07:51:10 pm

How on earth does a rational person come up with this? Seriously? What about Roy Williams?
Dang, you sound like you are a CBS announcer who just refuses to give aTm any credit.
If you think this UNC team is anywhere near as good as last year's you are sorely mistaken.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogsanity on March 18, 2018, 07:59:33 pm
Hogs fans " Hope we dont get screwed by getting in the same region with NC "

A&M " We know how to throw the ball to our big and we just beat NC by 20 "

aTm's 3 bigs > Hogs 1 big

hogsanity

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 18, 2018, 07:59:52 pm
How on earth does a rational person come up with this? Seriously? What about Roy Williams?
Dang, you sound like you are a CBS announcer who just refuses to give aTm any credit.

We are giving A&M credit, their coach knows how to build a roster and then how to develop them. He knows how to run the offense through his big man too. Today, once they saw NC was struggling with Davis, they went to him seemingly 10 possessions in a row and made sure he got a touch just about every trip. If that'd been Mike, he'd have taken out his hot hand for his precious play 10 guys plan.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hogsanity on March 18, 2018, 08:03:58 pm
We are giving A&M credit, their coach knows how to build a roster and then how to develop them. He knows how to run the offense through his big man too. Today, once they saw NC was struggling with Davis, they went to him seemingly 10 possessions in a row and made sure he got a touch just about every trip. If that'd been Mike, he'd have taken out his hot hand for his precious play 10 guys plan.

And yet somehow, despite Billy Kennedy's genius,  we beat A&M

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogsanity on March 18, 2018, 08:03:58 pm
aTm has 3 guys who are 6'10" and another 6'9" who contested most every UNC shot near the paint. Again, this UNC team is nowhere near as good as last years.
So, to follow your logic, Mike is better than Roy because he managed to beat aTm...right?

(notOM)Rebel123

hogsanity

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 18, 2018, 08:06:57 pm
And yet somehow, despite Billy Kennedy's genius,  we beat A&M

And yet, despite losing a sec road game in bwa, A&M is in the sweet 16 and the Hogs have already been home for 48 hrs.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hogsanity on March 18, 2018, 08:10:25 pm
And yet, despite losing a sec road game in bwa, A&M is in the sweet 16 and the Hogs have already been home for 48 hrs.

Good for him. He also finished 9th in the sec.
I swear some of you guys need a safe space.

(notOM)Rebel123

Don't recall the Hogs ever being ranked in the Top 10 this year.

(notOM)Rebel123

I'm starting to believe that you  just might be Derek Ruskin.
I bet if you won the Powerball you'd bitch about having to pay the taxes.

GuvHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 18, 2018, 08:12:31 pm

Yes, his Aggies did finish 9th but he has them playing their best when it counts which is in the NCAA Tournament.

Mellon Collie

UNC > Butler

We couldn't beat a middling big east team.

a@m smoked one of best the acc had to offer.

MA is what he is.

an early tourney exit coach.

hogsanity

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 18, 2018, 08:15:06 pm
I'm starting to believe that you  just might be Derek Ruskin.
I bet if you won the Powerball you'd bitch about having to pay the taxes.

And some of you, given the choice between said winning powerball ticket and watching your favorite movie for the 57th time, would choose the movie.

Mellon Collie

at this point in MA's tenure, how do you defend the results?

do you not know what good basketball is?

HogBreath

Quote from: GuvHog on March 18, 2018, 08:20:46 pm
Yes, his Aggies did finish 9th but he has them playing their best when it counts which is in the NCAA Tournament.
They have that much in common with the fast forty...this is the time of year we're built for, baby.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mellon Collie on March 18, 2018, 08:21:02 pm
UNC > Butler

We couldn't beat a middling big east team.

a@m smoked one of best the acc had to offer.

MA is what he is.

an early tourney exit coach.

UNC finished tied for 3rd with 3 other teams: Miami, NC State, & Clemson.

Atlhogfan1

A&M has had a crazy season since the start of SEC play.  Had to deal with the suspensions/injuries in the first half of the conference season.  Then for two weeks, they had everything back together and beat the Hogs, SC, AU and Kentucky.  But against UK, Wilson goes down for the season.  They lose the next 3 including at Arkansas.  Since then, they've won 5 of 6 with the only loss that 1 pt loss to Bama in the SECT. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Sorry, forgot we are supposed to be happy because Mike is our coach, results don't matter. It is much better watching teams like A&M win and advance while the Hogs are at home because we have Mike as coach. Much better knowing that Nevada is in the sweet 16 but we have Mike running our program.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 18, 2018, 08:26:36 pm
UNC finished tied for 3rd with 3 other teams: Miami, NC State, & Clemson.

unc made it to the final of their conf. tourney...beating miami and duke along the way.

you not good at this.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogsanity on March 18, 2018, 08:23:33 pm
And some of you, given the choice between said winning powerball ticket and watching your favorite movie for the 57th time, would choose the movie.

Nope. I'll take the cash every time. But I'm not going to try and compare it
to getting an extra chicken strip in my order at Chick Fil A. That would be like comparing Apple to Oranges. Which is what you are tryng to do with your
aTm- UNC-Arkansas assessment.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: hogsanity on March 18, 2018, 08:28:25 pm
Sorry, forgot we are supposed to be happy because Mike is our coach, results don't matter. It is much better watching teams like A&M win and advance while the Hogs are at home because we have Mike as coach. Much better knowing that Nevada is in the sweet 16 but we have Mike running our program.

musselman > MA

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mellon Collie on March 18, 2018, 08:30:24 pm
unc made it to the final of their conf. tourney...beating miami and duke along the way.

you not good at this.

Why are  you trying to compare this year's UNC team with last years National Championship team? You are not good at this.

hogsanity

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 18, 2018, 08:30:25 pm
Nope. I'll take the cash every time. But I'm not going to try and compare it
to getting an extra chicken strip in my order at Chick Fil A. That would be like comparing Apple to Oranges. Which is what you are tryng to do with your
aTm- UNC-Arkansas assessment.

Well, lets see, A&M and AR both played UNC on a neutral court. UNC blew the Hogs out and A&M blew UNC out.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hogsanity on March 18, 2018, 08:33:06 pm
Well, lets see, A&M and AR both played UNC on a neutral court. UNC blew the Hogs out and A&M blew UNC out.

So, teams are the same in November-December -January as they are in March?
Oklahoma says hi.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 18, 2018, 08:32:46 pm
Why are  you trying to compare this year's UNC team with last years National Chmapionship team? You are not good at this.

im not.

you, for some reason, seem to be.

UNC was a 2 seed. butler was a 10 seed.

arkansas, as usual under MA, disappointed.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mellon Collie on March 18, 2018, 08:36:40 pm
im not.

you, for some reason, seem to be.

UNC was a 2 seed. butler was a 10 seed.

arkansas, as usual under MA, disappointed.

Nobody is saying the Hogs didn't disappoint. In case you have forgotten, which you obviously have, is how on earth aTm beating UNC is an indictment on MA. Which it isn't.
That's the point raised in this thread.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 18, 2018, 08:38:53 pm
Nobody is saying the Hogs didn't disappoint. In case you have forgotten, which you obviously have, is how on earth aTm beating UNC is an indictment on MA. Which it isn't.
That's the point raised in this thread.

it is.

MA couldnt beat butler. butler. a 10 seed. in the 1st round.

a@m steamrolled a 2 seed. in the 2nd round. to advance to the sweet 16

happy happy joy joy.