Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lack of discipline .

Started by lynbug, January 11, 2018, 12:28:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

Throughout the past 6 seasons many on this board have lamented that our players, at different times, have displayed what appears to be a lack of seriousness, commitment, etc. And it has also been discussed that perhaps MA is a little too soft on these guys...maybe not subjecting them to enough discipline.  Don't know if anyone else saw this (or cared, for that matter) but...last night before out game I was watching the preview on the SEC channel to our game and they went to a live screenshot of our court.  Barford and Macon were out on the court dancing, goofing around, whatever, acting as like they had just WON two games in a row....not LOST THEM.  At any rate, the game started and there appeared to be a lack of seriousness displayed by many of them.  And the results seemed to prove they didn't have the appropriate level of commitment.  Just my opinion, but sometimes when the cows are out of the barn it's hard to round them up.

Like it is

I couldn't agree more !!!!!!!!!!!

Like it is

Slater

Quote from: lynbug on January 11, 2018, 12:28:47 pm
Throughout the past 6 seasons many on this board have lamented that our players, at different times, have displayed what appears to be a lack of seriousness, commitment, etc. And it has also been discussed that perhaps MA is a little too soft on these guys...maybe not subjecting them to enough discipline.  Don't know if anyone else saw this (or cared, for that matter) but...last night before out game I was watching the preview on the SEC channel to our game and they went to a live screenshot of our court.  Barford and Macon were out on the court dancing, goofing around, whatever, acting as like they had just WON two games in a row....not LOST THEM.  At any rate, the game started and there appeared to be a lack of seriousness displayed by many of them.  And the results seemed to prove they didn't have the appropriate level of commitment.  Just my opinion, but sometimes when the cows are out of the barn it's hard to round them up.

A good coach would make them run until they threw up all over the arena. A good coach would punch them in the face until they needed to be hospitalized. There should be zero goofing off or fun when you are a college kid playing a game, Hopefully someone like Bob Weltlich or someone with a USMC approach will take over this mess and bring some abuse and order to the program.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

razorback1829

Quote from: Slater on January 13, 2018, 11:35:27 pm
A good coach would make them run until they threw up all over the arena. A good coach would punch them in the face until they needed to be hospitalized. There should be zero goofing off or fun when you are a college kid playing a game, Hopefully someone like Bob Weltlich or someone with a USMC approach will take over this mess and bring some abuse and order to the program.

LOL you've never had a good coach in your life. Stick to the couch coaching motivation. You're a pro at that. You probably make a lot of money doing it too huh? Lol moron.

Rbill

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 13, 2018, 11:42:23 pm
LOL you've never had a good coach in your life. Stick to the couch coaching motivation. You're a pro at that. You probably make a lot of money doing it too huh? Lol moron.

Played the insult card a little loose and fast on this one methinks. Might want to check your sarcasm scanner.

razorback1829

Quote from: Rbill on January 13, 2018, 11:48:54 pm
Played the insult card a little loose and fast on this one methinks. Might want to check your sarcasm scanner.

Haha I apologize. A little over zealous on my part. I was on the road when I was reading. My bad brotha! ✊🏾

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: lynbug on January 11, 2018, 12:28:47 pm

Are you saying they were goofing around in warm-ups like every other NCAA, NBA and High School team?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

King Kong

labb

me thinks that the op has not been to many games early enough to watch the shoot arounds.

Soooie21

The Hogs started the game playing the right way, focused and playing hard and under control....

lynbug

Quote from: labb on January 14, 2018, 08:36:24 am
me thinks that the op has not been to many games early enough to watch the shoot arounds.
I understand what you are saying----that this behavior is typical before any game.  But...it was just the optics of it.  It doesn't bother me if we win....and we got lucky last nighty.  But I am still scratching my head about some of their past performances in games.