Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a slap in the face!

Started by n1ckyp22, November 19, 2017, 12:51:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

n1ckyp22

JUST got done watching the game as I was unable to catch it live bc of some family responsibilities I had to attend to.

Anyways, I'm am absolutely disgusted with CBB now more than ever!!!

Obviously, you're a goner! U know it, your team knows it and OUR state knows it!

The feel has always been with any interview or article I have read regarding how the players feel about their coach, has always seemed genuine. Our boys could've easily just came out, went through the motions, took another L and moved on to one more final week, so their horrendous season would finally be over with.

However, they didn't.

They came out and showed up for themselves and "their" coach.

The defense played with intensity and aggressiveness for the first time all season and held Miss St to just 21 hard earned points.

What a slap in the face to your players (especially the D) who have stuck with u and continued to ride with u through this entire season!

Losing virtually every ball game and many members of the team due to injury in the process!!!

Regardless, even if u somehow knew they would score on the final drive to win, u still punt that football and let THEM play it out!

Show some class and set an example for your team who have obviously cared for u throughout all your bs!

Just don't get how u make that call..

Boneheaded for sure, but also very disrespectful and I can't imagine how they must've felt walking off the field feeling like they let us down when it was all u yet again "coach."

Good luck moving forward, but I will forever root against u based off that 1 play call, for that 1 reason! ✌🏻

GO HOGS!!!

NuttinItUp

alohawg

An open hand slap can be very effective when properly administered.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

flagstaffhog

So can a backhanded slap delivered from the front seat to the backseat of a car. Just ask my Dad. I know 1st hand....
Go HOGS Go!

HogPharmer

Quote from: flagstaffhog on November 19, 2017, 09:22:05 am
So can a backhanded slap delivered from the front seat to the backseat of a car. Just ask my Dad. I know 1st hand....

I see what you did there
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

3kgthog

Considering MSU did nothing when the field was flipped, we should've punted there. Their longest TD drive was 55 yds. Two of those possessions should've been a pick 6 and another INT if not for our stone handed defenders.

hogcods8

Quote from: n1ckyp22 on November 19, 2017, 12:51:45 am
JUST got done watching the game as I was unable to catch it live bc of some family responsibilities I had to attend to.

Obviously, you're a goner! U know it, your team knows it and OUR state knows it!

The feel has always been with any interview or article I have read regarding how the players feel about their coach, has always seemed genuine. Our boys could've easily just came out, went through the motions, took another L and moved on to one more final week, so their horrendous season would finally be over with.

However, they didn't.

The defense played with intensity and aggressiveness for the first time all season and held Miss St to just 21 hard earned points.

What a slap in the face to your players (especially the D) who have stuck with u and continued to ride with u through this entire season!

Losing virtually every ball game and many members of the team due to injury in the process!!!

Regardless, even if u somehow knew they would score on the final drive to win, u still punt that football and let THEM play it out!

Show some class and set an example for your team who have obviously cared for u throughout all your bs!

Boneheaded for sure, but also very disrespectful and I can't imagine how they must've felt walking off the field feeling like they let us down when it was all u yet again "coach."

Good luck moving forward, but I will forever root against u based off that 1 play call, for that 1 reason! ✌🏻

GO HOGS!!!
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about slim. MSU had just sustained an easy looking drive to tie the game. At that point the game was in our hands to win or lose. All we needed was a field goal. I agree with going for it, but not necessarily the play call.

forrest city joe

Quote from: n1ckyp22 on November 19, 2017, 12:51:45 am

However, they didn't.

GO HOGS!!!
This is why he should have been fired games ago. he has nothing to lose now.he knows he is gone,so he can do what he wants. he never would have went for it from just outside his own 40 yard line if he thought he was coming back.he gave his players no chance to win. these young men deserved better.their coach handed the game to Miss.State. he did not make them earn it.and it was a slap in the place to his players. it was wrong.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogcods8 on November 19, 2017, 10:14:03 am
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about slim. MSU had just sustained an easy looking drive to tie the game. At that point the game was in our hands to win or lose. All we needed was a field goal. I agree with going for it, but not necessarily the play call.

You are out to lunch and it isn't noon yet.  You punt and make MSU do it again and go more than 10 yards to get in a position to win on a field goal.

That 4th and 2 call topped all the other bone-head decisions we've seen over five years. 

Oh, wait, there is still time for one more that could top it since we have Misery coming in.   In that case I wouldn't be talking about the football team from the state above us...

hogcods8

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 19, 2017, 10:22:14 am
You are out to lunch and it isn't noon yet.  You punt and make MSU do it again and go more than 10 yards to get in a position to win on a field goal.

That 4th and 2 call topped all the other bone-head decisions we've seen over five years. 

Oh, wait, there is still time for one more that could top it since we have Misery coming in.   In that case I wouldn't be talking about the football team from the state above us...
I don't think you understand anything about football momentum son! MSU offense had it at the time.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 19, 2017, 09:57:04 am
Considering MSU did nothing when the field was flipped, we should've punted there. Their longest TD drive was 55 yds. Two of those possessions should've been a pick 6 and another INT if not for our stone handed defenders.

I think BB was tired standing on the sideline and wanted the game over either way without going to overtime.  What incentive does he or has he ever had to win here? 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU