Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going for it on 4th and 2??? DO WHAT????

Started by synthartist69, November 18, 2017, 02:21:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

Are you kidding????  What a stupid play call.

Cambridge Hog

jlrock

synthartist69

Who knows..... but it was the dumbest call of the game

hog47

Nolan's Boots

Unbefreakinglievable!! I'm at a loss for words.   :puke:
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

woo.pig

Should've been 2 runs by a RB on 3rd & 4th down

Dr. Starcs

Coaches suck. Another 4th quarter meltdown.

Helluva job guys. Thanks.

Bryant Disciple

Wardhog85

Don't mind going for it at all in that situation. Have a huge problem with the dumb ass play call on 4th. Nance in the wildcat the play before was just as bad though

TNhawgfan

Yep, can't wait for BB AND DE to both be gone!
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TheEnemy

Quote from: woo.pig on November 18, 2017, 02:23:43 pm
Should've been 2 runs by a RB on 3rd & 4th down

No you punt it and play  defense

Hoggish1

That was a freakin' brilliant play...!  Genius—throw the A

lilRockNDubb

cjack

It's a gamble if we were on their 40.  We were on our own 40.  Maybe poor Bert couldn't see which one we were on.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

rhames

Going for it was correct

The play call though.......woof
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Grag T

Head scratcher...

Hopefully we don't have this next year.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

shshark00

Hilarious. Before the play there wasn't a single person in the game thread that said punt, but there were numerous "go for it". Gotta love Arkansas fans

jgphillips3

He is, unquestionably, the dumbest SOB to ever grace our sideline.

31to6

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 18, 2017, 02:21:01 pm
Are you kidding????  What a stupid play call.
About as dumb as putting storey in on the QB keeper. Why do you put the ball in the hands of guys who have NEVER RUN THAT PLAY in a game this close?

You have to know your personnel.

Stupid play calling robbed the defense of a great effort.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Dumb crap like that is why he won't have a job here soon.

JackTNHogfan

moses_007

It was 4th and 3 in a 21-21 tie.  No reason whatsover to go for it from your own 45 yard line.

This coaching decision just cost Bielema his job.

FIRE HIS ASS TONIGHT!

duckman

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:30:19 pm
Hilarious. Before the play there wasn't a single person in the game thread that said punt, but there were numerous "go for it". Gotta love Arkansas fans

I was screaming punt, followed by words that will get filtered here....

lynbug

After all this time and similar failed calls he still thinks he can pull a miracle out of his behind.

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

Atlhogfan1

It was illegal contact but the pass ended up so far downfield.  Poor effort by the WR.  I didn't care for the play sequence.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

moses_007

What's sad is that this team played their butts off to save his job today, and once again, coach let them down.

What a loser.

The Boar War

Hogarusa

When you are 4-6 with season lost, you go for it. Perhaps don't like the 1 receiver route but no issue with going for it
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Atlhogfan1

Too much time was left.  I get us not wanting to go to OT.  We were barely hanging on with our offense.  But punting and making it as tough as possible on MSU and hope for a turnover was the play. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 18, 2017, 02:35:05 pm
When you are 4-6 with season lost, you go for it. Perhaps don't like the 1 receiver route but no issue with going for it

We still had bowl on the line. WTH?

hog47

Quote from: moses_007 on November 18, 2017, 02:32:10 pm
It was 4th and 3 in a 21-21 tie.  No reason whatsover to go for it from your own 45 yard line.

This coaching decision just cost Bielema his job.

FIRE HIS ASS TONIGHT!
Absolutely! You punt and give them a long way to go. Or, you put AA,in shotgun and run a play from there giving him more time to see the field a RPO. Dumb ass coaches!!!!!

TheEnemy

Quote from: rhames on November 18, 2017, 02:29:25 pm
Going for it was correct

No.

You punt it and make Miss St pass the ball to beat us.

Going for it and failing gives them a short enough field to just move the ball down the field with their option  game.

It was stupid.

Grag T

On a side note, this is the first game I've seen in a while where Bert looked like he had some fire on the sidelines; haven't seen him that animated in a long time...

Maybe that's him trying to impress for his next job, I don't know  :D

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Martygit

You have to understand, punting it would have almost assured overtime and Ben's Apartment opens at 2:30 - didn't want to be late
RIP OTR, REV

EastexHawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 18, 2017, 02:31:11 pm
He is, unquestionably, the dumbest SOB to ever grace our sideline.

No, Nutt went for it on fourth down on his own 29 yard line in the first quarter of a home game against South Carolina.

Bielema is not a bright man, but Nutt is dumber.

Grag T

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2017, 02:40:03 pm
No, Nutt went for it on fourth down on his own 29 yard line in the first quarter of a home game against South Carolina.

hahaahhaahaha I forgot all about that!

la20688

You can't fix stupid! He's been doing stuff like that since year one.

Pecos Hog

If you don't make it, you all but gaurantee a win for Misstake.    Most stupid call I've ever seen on our home field.

31to6

Quote from: hog47 on November 18, 2017, 02:37:28 pm
Absolutely! You punt and give them a long way to go. Or, you put AA,in shotgun and run a play from there giving him more time to see the field a RPO. Dumb ass coaches!!!!!
AA had a bum wheel. Even more reason to punt it.

AFWarrior83

Someone from the media needs to ask him what the scematics chart said he should do in that situation hahahhaha!
Hogville member since 2005.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on November 18, 2017, 02:29:25 pm
Going for it was correct

no , it wasn't "correct". It was against all logic and completely outside teh coaching meta.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 18, 2017, 02:44:07 pm
Someone from the media needs to ask him what the scematics chart said he should do in that situation hahahhaha!
right? PA high school's I guess.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogginIT

That was a bonehead decision followed up by a bonehead play call. You punt the ball there and hope for another miracle somehow.
Just wait until next Year!© Official slogan of Razorback football.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: 31to6 on November 18, 2017, 02:31:26 pm
About as dumb as putting storey in on the QB keeper. Why do you put the ball in the hands of guys who have NEVER RUN THAT PLAY in a game this close?

You have to know your personnel.

Stupid play calling robbed the defense of a great effort.

The announcer on CBS said BBs eyes lit up when talking about Storey and said "this guy can really scoot."

What??? Is that why Ty has played so much maybe? I've watched this kid since HS and he has never been known as a runner much.

And he really scooted to the seat of his pants on the turf for a 3 yard loss as the O line was overrun.

I think that DA Bert thinks he had a chance of returning and was just throwing Ty a bone to try to get him to stay..

Surely that Captain of the Titanic Idiot realizes by now he is toast!
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Smashmouth2004

You punt if you want a chance to win and call a stupid play if there's fried chicken in your office!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Rayzback

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 18, 2017, 02:26:54 pm
No you punt it and play  defense

Don't be dilly, we scored when we had them pinned deep the first time and the Defense\Agim were having a good game.

Add: AA can barley stand. The O has done nothing. Good god man, go for it on 4th there.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

SooieGeneris

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2017, 02:40:03 pm

Bielema is not a bright man, but Nutt is dumber.

Agreed, although a match between the two would go to multiple overtimes..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?