Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Announced Attendance for A&M game

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 24, 2017, 10:39:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Lowest of the 7 games in Dallas vs Texas A&M. So it's not just cupcake games in LR during bad weather that are drawing smaller crowds for Arkansas Razorback football.

Announced attendance # was 64,668. So we all know actual attendance was less than that and probably by a lot.

Fan apathy getting started in full force this season.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 10:39:40 am
Lowest of the 7 games in Dallas vs Texas A&M. So it's not just cupcake games in LR during bad weather that are drawing smaller crowds for Arkansas Razorback football.

Announced attendance # was 64,668. So we all know actual attendance was less than that and probably by a lot.

Maybe it was the Aggie half.......

Dirty

Lanny

when fans lose hope, they stop attending.  I'm curious to see how many attend the next game I bet it's. A near sellout
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ricepig

Quote from: Dirty on September 24, 2017, 10:42:57 am
See this weekend

See what? It wasn't going to be a stellar crowd for an 11AM kickoff against a G-5 anyway, as I stated in another thread, the attendance for Auburn, MSU, and Mizzou will be more telling.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on September 24, 2017, 10:45:45 am
See what? It wasn't going to be a stellar crowd for an 11AM kickoff against a G-5 anyway, as I stated in another thread, the attendance for Auburn, MSU, and Mizzou will be more telling.
Same for game in LR but everyone wants to say its LR that is the reason for low attendance.  Not to mention threat of bad weather. Hint: It wasn't LR and it wasn't the bad weather threat. It was the bad opponent and the mediocre Arkansas team. Attendance next week for NM St will be very low.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

longpig

"May not go because it's an 11 AM kickoff" changes to " Damn sure ain't going because it's an 11 AM kickoff and the HC sucks".   
Don't be scared, be smart.

Dirty

Blame it on Little Rock then!

onebadrubi

Why is it ALL HiM post are condescending and negative tonthenprogram.  Guy is no where to be seen when things are going just fine or better.  Sad individual.

buldozer

I bet more of the NWA wine and cheese crowd showed up in Dallas than come to Little Rock. Very few come to Little Rock games any more. Maybe they will stop games from being played in Dallas now also.

buldozer

Those three games will not tell the tale either. Once you have purchased your season tickets, even if you don't go, you sell them or give them away.

Next season's attendance will tell the story....

ricepig

Quote from: Dirty on September 24, 2017, 10:54:27 am
Blame it on Little Rock then!

Tickets sold won't equal the actual attendance as some won't  make the early morning drive up, but Parents Weekend has been sellouts the last two years. I've had a kid up there every year since 2011, the 2012 Rutgers game was the least attended, and it was a night game. However, my daughter's sorority, or some of her group have rented JJ's to watch the game instead of going. My youngest is bringing friends and sitting in my seats.

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on September 24, 2017, 10:59:18 am
Those three games will not tell the tale either. Once you have purchased your season tickets, even if you don't go, you sell them or give them away.

Next season's attendance will tell the story....

They've already got their 170+ suites sold, and with Bama, LSU, and OM on the schedule, it will be good.

Cinco de Hogo

The state of the program no longer depends on fans at the stadium.  You would have to quit watching them at home to have even the slightest of effects.  Even at that we are only a rent a win team for the mighty SEC and it's not our fans they care about.  Just like we don't care about how many fans NOMAS has. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 24, 2017, 10:55:20 am
Why is it ALL HiM post are condescending and negative tonthenprogram.  Guy is no where to be seen when things are going just fine or better.  Sad individual.
When in last 5 years have things been going "fine or better"? I was gone for 2 1/2 years while this program was fading toward the crapper. It's now in it. Stop your envy and post your own original thoughts.

twistitup

It was a small mostly unenthusiastic crowd, saw it first hand

no tailgating compared to previous years....not the party atmosphere

50.00 parking compared to 30 last year...

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

theFlyingHog

He has a long history of trolling. Some aren't familiar because he's fresh off a two year ban/prison sentence. He was well-hated in the past here

East Clintwood

We're likely to have nothing but 11 am games for the rest of the year, except Thanksgiving.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Bkhardicars

LSU had a lot of empty seats last night. I think fans everywhere are tired of getting let down.Other Than Georgia and BAMA, I think every team in the SEC is in the same boat we are. I bet There will be a lot of empty seats in DRRS next week..

Hog Pharm

I was there and 64,000 is about right. I knew it would be the lowest attended of all the games there due to the kickoff time and how both teams had started he season, but there were still a lot of hog fans. The attendance was due to less Aggie fans than usual.

EastexHawg

Remind me, what year was that? 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 24, 2017, 03:09:51 pm
Remind me, what year was that? 

You want someone to say *****'s name huh lol?

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 24, 2017, 12:19:44 pm
It was a small mostly unenthusiastic crowd, saw it first hand

no tailgating compared to previous years....not the party atmosphere

50.00 parking compared to 30 last year...

Well, 11am will put a hamper on that, and both fan bases are in the meh mood.

code red

Next Sat will be a joke.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

hogcard1964

jkstock04

Quote from: code red on September 24, 2017, 03:25:51 pm
Next Sat will be a joke.
It'll be bottom of the barrel excitement wise that's for sure. 11am start time against New Mexico State. Awful start to the year. Sad to see what's happened with the football program.

TCU and A&M had the feel of the most important games of the year. Now, I think we will be fighting hard to win 6 games...path to 6 wins is what? Lol

All this will translate to a weak, lethargic, apathetic crowd this coming Saturday morning.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 02:18:31 pm
He has a long history of trolling. Some aren't familiar because he's fresh off a two year ban/prison sentence. He was well-hated in the past here
Banned? Haha. I was busy. Lanny asked me to comment some again if I felt like it during football season. I'll disappear again come Thanksgiving.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 12:01:15 pm
When in last 5 years have things been going "fine or better"? I was gone for 2 1/2 years while this program was fading toward the crapper. It's now in it. Stop your envy and post your own original thoughts.

You're just a lonely troll with nothing better to do.  Coming here to do nothing but put Down this program to make you feel better about yourself. 

grayhawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 24, 2017, 03:33:38 pm
It'll be bottom of the barrel excitement wise that's for sure. 11am start time against New Mexico State. Awful start to the year. Sad to see what's happened with the football program.

TCU and A&M had the feel of the most important games of the year. Now, I think we will be fighting hard to win 6 games...path to 6 wins is what? Lol

All this will translate to a weak, lethargic, apathetic crowd this coming Saturday morning.
That will match the coaching staff, like I said after missouri and V tech  FIRE THEM ALL

TulsaHawg

It appeared to me that Hog fans significantly outnumbered the Aggies.

Snouty

The nosebleed seats are $85.00, parking is who knows what, and the game is played 185 miles from the nearest point in Arkansas.
Arkansas football is getting outpriced for the average fan. The people I know who went to the game are wealthy or they're going on a company expense account or both.  No wonder the attendance is what it is.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: buldozer on September 24, 2017, 10:55:52 am
I bet more of the NWA wine and cheese crowd showed up in Dallas than come to Little Rock. Very few come to Little Rock games any more. Maybe they will stop games from being played in Dallas now also.
Maybe. I am in nwa. I went to Dallas but not LR. Better stadium. Better opponent. I don't like WMS. But I had a great time in Dallas. Arkansas had a larger turnout in Dallas. I would guess that about 37k of the 64k were Hog fans.
I will be at the game this Saturday. And it will not be empty. And even if it was the tickets are already sold. With next year's home schedule those seats will be sold also.

VirginiaHog

Oh. And no wine or cheese here. Nor am I wealthy.

ChicoHog

I went to the Southwest classic game in 2014 and the tickets were $125 I think.  Way overpriced.  Our home game tickets are reasonable but those neutral site games are expensive.  Also the 11 am start definitely had to hurt attendance. 

Razorbax

65~35 aggies.....I bought 2 club level seats from an aggie and sat with them. Lots of empty seats on our side.
Quote from: TulsaHawg on September 24, 2017, 08:12:27 pm
It appeared to me that Hog fans significantly outnumbered the Aggies.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Snouty on September 24, 2017, 08:43:22 pm
The nosebleed seats are $85.00, parking is who knows what, and the game is played 185 miles from the nearest point in Arkansas.
Arkansas football is getting outpriced for the average fan. The people I know who went to the game are wealthy or they're going on a company expense account or both.  No wonder the attendance is what it is.

That's amazing! We've not seen that posted before.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

September 25, 2017, 06:27:07 am #38 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:55:07 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 10:47:52 am
Same for game in LR but everyone wants to say its LR that is the reason for low attendance.  Not to mention threat of bad weather. Hint: It wasn't LR and it wasn't the bad weather threat. It was the bad opponent and the mediocre Arkansas team. Attendance next week for NM St will be very low.

Interesting since the cheap seats in LR are a lot less expensive and holds a lot less than Cowboys stadium. Therefore comparatively WMS should be filled up all the time.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 12:01:15 pm

Interesting you would be gone for 2 1/2 years while you thought it WAS fading towards the crapper yet you come back after you think it HAS faded into the crapper...............................I guess you like crappers.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 05:40:40 pm
Banned? Haha. I was busy. Lanny asked me to comment some again if I felt like it during football season. I'll disappear again come Thanksgiving.

They moved Thanksgiving to September 26.