Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It Doesn't Get Easier Next Saturday

Started by moses_007, September 24, 2017, 05:47:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

New Mexico State has a great quarterback, receivers who can catch the ball, and a fine running back.

NEW MEXICO STATE 41,

TEXAS-EL PASO 14

LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- Tyler Rogers threw for two touchdowns and ran for another, Larry Rose III had 17 carries for 144 yards, and New Mexico State beat UTEP 41-14 on Saturday night.

Rogers completed 26 of 43 passes for 283 yards -- including a 2-yard touchdown to Rose -- and scored on a 4-yard run and Shamad Lomax had three first-half interceptions for New Mexico State (2-2).

The Aggies intercepted five UTEP passes and scored 31 consecutive points after UTEP tied the game 7-7 late in the first quarter.

Rose, a 5-11, 195-pound senior who was a third-team All-America in 2015, totaled 189 all-purpose yards and scored three touchdowns to lead the Aggies over the Miners (0-4) at Aggie Stadium.

New Mexico State, which plays the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville on Saturday at Razorback Stadium, and later plays host to Sun Belt Conference rival Arkansas State on Oct. 28, outgained UTEP 462-227.

In addition to his rushing yards, Rose caught 4 passes for 4o yards and had a 5-yard punt return.

Rogers completed passes to 10 different receivers.

Rose, rounding back into his 2015 All-America form after missing the first three games in 2016, has rushed 63 times for 372 yards this season and is at 3,990 yards for his career, with 29 touchdowns.

This season's 20 receptions for 150 yards brings Rose to 98 caches for 635 yards in his career.

Rose scored his first touchdown after Lomax's first interception and went 40 yards to open the scoring with 9:45 left in the first quarter.

UTEP answered with a 12-play, 81-yard drive capped by Metz's 5-yard touchdown run.

The Miners downed a punt at the NMSU 3, and Rose had six carries for 65 yards, including a 28-yard touchdown that capped a 15-play drive and provided the first of 31 consecutive New Mexico State points -- including a 19-yard interception return for a score by Lomax.

harrisburghog

If the Hogs lose this game what happens?

jacobp

Oh please. It'll be a 3-4 score game and on to SC

moses_007

Quote from: harrisburghog on September 24, 2017, 06:06:14 am
CBB gets his walking papers Sunday morning.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: moses_007 on September 24, 2017, 06:11:16 am

Doubtful. Not the right thing to do this early in the season. Wait until Jan 1 and save $5,000,000.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogarusa

Cmon- it does get easier. NMSU is not near the same level as A&M and Tcu by beating an 0-4UTEP. They may pose a challenge but are without any doubt, an easier opponent. They lost a home game to Troy
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 24, 2017, 06:15:18 am
Doubtful. Not the right thing to do this early in the season. Wait until Jan 1 and save $5,000,000.

Pretty sure the way CBB is coaching. That this is going to happen.

Boarcephus

I'm more concerned about what the attendance will be. This will be the first chance we've had to see if the fans have indeed quit on him.  Capacity is around 75,000, what will be the effect at the Broyles Complex if 20,000 find something else to do? 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

3kgthog

The UA won't care about the attendance. They've already got our season ticket money.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: moses_007 on September 24, 2017, 05:47:06 am
New Mexico State has a great quarterback, receivers who can catch the ball, and a fine running back.

NEW MEXICO STATE 41,

TEXAS-EL PASO 14

LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- Tyler Rogers threw for two touchdowns and ran for another, Larry Rose III had 17 carries for 144 yards, and New Mexico State beat UTEP 41-14 on Saturday night.

Rogers completed 26 of 43 passes for 283 yards -- including a 2-yard touchdown to Rose -- and scored on a 4-yard run and Shamad Lomax had three first-half interceptions for New Mexico State (2-2).

The Aggies intercepted five UTEP passes and scored 31 consecutive points after UTEP tied the game 7-7 late in the first quarter.

Rose, a 5-11, 195-pound senior who was a third-team All-America in 2015, totaled 189 all-purpose yards and scored three touchdowns to lead the Aggies over the Miners (0-4) at Aggie Stadium.

New Mexico State, which plays the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville on Saturday at Razorback Stadium, and later plays host to Sun Belt Conference rival Arkansas State on Oct. 28, outgained UTEP 462-227.

In addition to his rushing yards, Rose caught 4 passes for 4o yards and had a 5-yard punt return.

Rose, rounding back into his 2015 All-America form after missing the first three games in 2016, has rushed 63 times for 372 yards this season and is at 3,990 yards for his career, with 29 touchdowns.

This season's 20 receptions for 150 yards brings Rose to 98 caches for 635 yards in his career.

Rose scored his first touchdown after Lomax's first interception and went 40 yards to open the scoring with 9:45 left in the first quarter.

UTEP answered with a 12-play, 81-yard drive capped by Metz's 5-yard touchdown run.

The Miners downed a punt at the NMSU 3, and Rose had six carries for 65 yards, including a 28-yard touchdown that capped a 15-play drive and provided the first of 31 consecutive New Mexico State points -- including a 19-yard interception return for a score by Lomax.

This AP recap of the NMSU should be enough for the UofA to forfeit next week's game. No way we can compete with a team that garners this kind of writing. Do we have a write up of Coastal Carolina's last game too? Might need it for later in the season.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

san1981

NMSU has a great offense which after yesterday's defensive performance that might be an issue.

And just for recreational purposes NMSU if 4-0 against the spread.

I see this like the UMASS versus Tennessee game yesterday. Heartbreaking loss and come in to play in a half empty stadium. 

Hoggish1

Don't you just love it when losers/quitters come on and say things like "it won't get easier next week?"

These types would like to just forfeit the next nine games in order to say—I told you so...!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 24, 2017, 06:48:55 am
Cmon- it does get easier. NMSU is not near the same level as A&M and Tcu by beating an 0-4UTEP. They may pose a challenge but are without any doubt, an easier opponent. They lost a home game to Troy

I hope you weren't sending your message to Moses_007 because it would upset him bigly...

moses_007

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 24, 2017, 07:23:05 am
The UA won't care about the attendance. They've already got our season ticket money.
I doubt Long could care if only 10K show up for the game as long as he's sold 65,000 tickets before the start of the season.

san1981

Sure easier opponent, but no cake walk. They defeated New Mexico on the road which defeated Tulsa yesterday. They lost to Arizona State by less than TD on a road which beat Oregon last night.

7th in the NCAA in passing which will keep the game close with our defense.

bcdeputy

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 24, 2017, 06:48:55 am

people thought the same thing about The Citadel a few years back too

HardCore

Long probably gives him a contract extension with a $25MM buyout
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

rzrbkman

Quote from: moses_007 on September 24, 2017, 05:47:06 am

NEW MEXICO STATE 41,

TEXAS-EL PASO 14

NMSU also lost at home last week to Troy.

PorkRinds

Don't be stupid. It gets way easier next week.

johnny cash

He lost to Toledo, so there is reason to be concerned with New Mexico State.

TrueBlue

Lanny - better increase server bandwidth to be on the safeside. If not, you will have a total server meltdown if we lose - much like the movie China Syndrome.

moses_007

Quote from: san1981 on September 24, 2017, 07:51:30 am
Sure easier opponent, but no cake walk. They defeated New Mexico on the road which defeated Tulsa yesterday. They lost to Arizona State by less than TD on a road which beat Oregon last night.

7th in the NCAA in passing which will keep the game close with our defense.
Ouch.  If we can't muster any better pass rush than we did against A&M, they will torch us through the air. 

If we lose to NMS, Bielema will be fired, probably before he leaves the stadium.

Swestwill66

Been outta town,didn't catch the score.we must have lost 65-10 or something ?

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: johnny cash on September 24, 2017, 09:03:11 am

This

ricepig

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 24, 2017, 06:50:50 am
Pretty sure the way CBB is coaching. That this is going to happen.

He'll either be fired the Monday after Thanksgiving, or he coaches for us in 2018. Long won't let him sign a class in Dec and fire him on Jan. 1st.

ricepig

Quote from: moses_007 on September 24, 2017, 09:22:58 am
Ouch.  If we can't muster any better pass rush than we did against A&M, they will torch us through the air. 

If we lose to NMS, Bielema will be fired, probably before he leaves the stadium.

Wanna bet?

san1981

NMSU played at Kentucky last year and lost 62-42. It was tied at 35 at half.

Experienced team with a senior QB.

Not calling an upset but suspect it will be close.

Kevin

the visual on tv will not look good. don't under estimate the importance of that
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Boardon Hamsay

In before "Son of All Things Coastal Carolina Game Should Be Forfeited Merged."
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

moses_007

Quote from: Kevin on September 24, 2017, 09:38:03 am
the visual on tv will not look good. don't under estimate the importance of that

Good thing it's only on the SEC Network.

HoggieStyle

Wailing. Gnashing of teeth. A sudden rush of bans and timeouts on Hogville....

farmhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 09:02:15 am
Don't be stupid. It gets way easier next week.
Absolutely. We win by at least 20.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Boardon Hamsay

We have a fan anger day at DWRRS featuring free booze as well as both kitten and puppy punting contests?

NATEHOGG216

Only two things important to Jeff long, $$$$$ and his image. Wonder if the empty stands will hurt his image in his mind.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Pecos Hog

The optics would be very, very bad.   

NMST is a very dangerous game for us   A game we SHOULD win, but that's the problem.    We've had this one in the "cupcake" category all along and just assumed we'd show up and get our rent a win.    With all the glaring weaknesses on our team and coaching staff this year, if we are not focused and ready to play this game we could be very well in for a real contest.   

Razorback de Nosferatu

Truth. Folks underestimate the financial and recruiting issues that will come along with two years of apathy. 

If things don't improve--drastically--and if the buyout is truly as insurmountable as some claim (then why in God's name was it agreed to?), then this is truly a lose-lose situation for Razorback football.

ricepig

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on September 24, 2017, 09:49:19 am

Only two things important to Jeff long, $$$$$ and his image. Wonder if the empty stands will hurt his image in his mind.

This game won't matter, the attendance for the Auburn, MSU, and Mizzou games will be more of a factor. AD's know 11am kickoffs against non-conference teams are down across the country, it's a non-factor.

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

buldozer

NM State is not the caliber team that ATM is. That said, anything can happen at this point. If the coach wants to keep his job,( and there is no signal in that direction I have seen so far, he may just want out) he should fire the O Line coach. K Anderson is awful. K Anderson will never make it as a OL coach here and needs to go now.

In CBB tradition, he likely will make few if any changes while expecting different results!

TrueBlue

hawgdavis

Quote from: johnny cash on September 24, 2017, 09:03:11 am

This is what I was thinking and what's the mentality of the team, that's what I'm more concerned about. I know that BB atleast looks burned out

carolinahogger

Quote from: san1981 on September 24, 2017, 09:35:45 am
NMSU played at Kentucky last year and lost 62-42. It was tied at 35 at half.

Experienced team with a senior QB.

Not calling an upset but suspect it will be close.

If this game is tied at the half Bielema makes no adjustments and we lose by 10.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 24, 2017, 07:37:12 am
Don't you just love it when losers/quitters come on and say things like "it won't get easier next week?"

These types would like to just forfeit the next nine games in order to say—I told you so...!
Well you have to know the posters. Ol moses is a troll/asshat. HogInMemphis, hogcard1964, iwastherein69.. all trolls/asshats

moses_007

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 10:39:57 am
Well you have to know the posters. Ol moses is a troll/asshat. HogInMemphis, hogcard1964, iwastherein69.. all trolls/asshats
I aint no troll.  Been on Hogville over 10 years.

Rayzback

September 26, 2017, 05:41:44 am #44 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:27:44 am by Rayzback
Quote from: farmhawg on September 24, 2017, 09:46:16 am
Absolutely. We win by at least 20.

And if Arkansas State beats them by 24?  You know these two games are going to be compared.  Even if we win this weekend, about the time Arkansas State plays them we may be in melt down mode reflecting back on this game.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

logic

That may be true short-term.  However, if many fans don't attend the games, long-term season ticket sales will crash.

twistitup

Az state almost lost to them - 36-31 I believe
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Porkchop#1

Quote from: san1981 on September 24, 2017, 07:36:50 am
NMSU has a great offense which after yesterday's defensive performance that might be an issue.

And just for recreational purposes NMSU if 4-0 against the spread.

I see this like the UMASS versus Tennessee game yesterday. Heartbreaking loss and come in to play in a half empty stadium.
Is the Spread the kind of defense we use against Texas A&M? 

The one where our defenders all gather near the sidelines and allow the Aggs to dash unfettered up the middle to the endzone?

HotlantaHog

Quote from: moses_007 on September 24, 2017, 06:11:16 am
Because an interim coach worked so well before....

Ex-Trumpet

If we lose to NM State, Kevin Sumlin should be fired immediately.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?