Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The game was enjoyable to watch

Started by Lanny, September 23, 2017, 07:35:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 23, 2017, 07:40:13 pm
Good perspective Lanny. Don't forget at the end of the day we are playing some good football teams with NFL talent and hanging tough through the end. We were getting points in both losses.

We just lost to a bad football team that started 10 freshmen.

sigpooie

With the current group of coaches we could win the sunbelt conf with a little luck. Asu might get us..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Hoggish1

Quote from: Coondog Hog on September 23, 2017, 08:40:00 pm
A&M not a good football team

I doubt you'd know a good football team if you saw one.  So, there's that...

Hoggish1

Quote from: Steef on September 24, 2017, 03:52:21 am
We didnt quit or fall apart in the fourth quarter. In fact, we played lights-out and traded body blows.

I hate we lost too. But THAT...was a big deal to me.

Thank you.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 24, 2017, 07:18:17 am
We now know that both teams we lost to are pretty good.  aTm got beat with a collapse at the end after being up big on UCLA.  TCU just beat the No. 6 (polls mean nothing to me, but...) ranked team.

So, I'm dejected, as I am after any loss, but I'm not out of the count.  There are nine games left and thank God I don't have a week off to delay the run of games.

That was still a team whose coach is on the hot seat, with a freshman QB, that got taken deep into the fourth by Nichols.

Both teams looked improved. Glad to see the Hogs score some points.

But at the end of the day, it was another inexplicable loss to A&M after the Hogs had a double digit lead. They had two weeks to prepare for the worst A&M team they've faced since Coach B's been here, and it was the same old story.

Yet another of the reoccurring issues that just isn't going away.

Lanny

Every game Bielema has lost to the Aggies is because of the Defense
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HatfieldHog

I told someone yesterday that it would have been a really good College Football game to watch if you didn't have the outcome to base your satisfaction on. 

Lots of scoring, lots of sacks of the QB, contraversial calls and challenges, plus, watching a True Freshman QB come of age!  This game had it all! 

Problem is, for me, we are still 1-2 on this new season!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Lanny on September 24, 2017, 07:41:06 am

There were multiple reasons for that loss. Special teams being a big one.

DeltaBoy

Sorry it been cause Bret can't score enough to prevent them from coming back!
5 years ,millions of dollars and a team that can't control the clock or stop a High school Team in the 2nd half!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WorfHog on September 23, 2017, 08:49:53 pm
What is it 0-6 against the Aggies? :puke:

That buyout will turn up sooner than you think, especially if someone lights a fire under Mr. Long.

IF someone tried to call Long and say "HEY I'm lighting a fire under you to get rid of the coach". His response would be something like "O.K. How much of the buyout are you willing to personally pay for"?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

Somewhat true.  However Bielema quit with about a minute and a half to go in the first half yesterday.  The Hogs had the ball near their 40 with all of their timeouts in place and didn't even try to pick up the 25 yards to get into field goal range. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 07:47:20 am
Sorry it been cause Bret can't score enough to prevent them from coming back!
5 years ,millions of dollars and a team that can't control the clock or stop a High school Team in the 2nd half!

So which is it? Can't score enough or can't stop a high school team? I'll give you the answer. IF they can't stop a high school team then no amount of points scoring will ever be enough.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dirty

Quote from: Lanny on September 23, 2017, 07:35:17 pm
Big plays and lots of scoring.  Arkansas doesn't have the upper classification talent.  Losing gets old but Bielema isn't going anywhere with that buyout.  Enjoy what you can from the games.  It's frustrating to see the same thing each game, need more talent

Get ready to save this again and again, except for Alabama.

GoHogzzGo

Frustrating but true it was a very good game. Can't let other team put up 43 in regulation. Some of Allen's decision making bothered me. But we competed hard, and have some real talent.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

STLhawg

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 23, 2017, 08:31:24 pm
Not if you're an Arkansas fan.  It was horrible to watch.  Just waiting to find a way to lose.
I totally agree!

DOGALUM

While I did not enjoy the outcome, I did enjoy watching the game.   Watched the first half on my phone from the UAFS baseball field the. The second half at JJs in Fort Smith.  Very entertaining game....but long ride back to NWA after the loss.   Also saw a 15 year old on another team hit an absolute bomb over the left center field fence.  It cleared the road.  Had to be a ringer. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 24, 2017, 07:49:52 am
IF someone tried to call Long and say "HEY I'm lighting a fire under you to get rid of the coach". His response would be something like "O.K. How much of the buyout are you willing to personally pay for"?
I'll pay the same amount that I agreed to pay when the buyout was created and signed. Zero. None. Nada. Wasn't my doing brosef
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 07:50:04 am
Somewhat true.  However Bielema quit with about a minute and a half to go in the first half yesterday.  The Hogs had the ball near their 40 with all of their timeouts in place and didn't even try to pick up the 25 yards to get into field goal range. 

Did you see our passing game in the first half? We had the lead and were getting the ball to start the second half.  I didn't want us throwing the ball three straight times and give the ball back to an offense that had just scored.