Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This team is much more talented than 2015's team but

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 07, 2016, 12:17:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

2015's team would beat them 5 out of 10. (Right Now)

The crowd was so ready to explode and it's like we're right on the cusp of clicking as a unit but then suddenly *UNFORCED TURNOVER/BAD SHOT*

What that tells me is all those JUCO's & FRESHMEN who flash their talent at times are still very indecisive when passing the rock around the perimeter.

I know I'm not the only seeing the frustration eating at them....I have yet to see Daryl crack a smile or show any emotion. (maybe that's always been his demeanor)

By the way has anyone seen a vocal leader on the team.  Coaching extension on the floor????

If this team starts clicking with the current talent it's borderline top 25-30 but until then were fighting to be a bubble team.

Next season Kahlil Garland & Daniel Gafford are going to take someone's minutes
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

code red

I am just not seeing much chemistry.  And....we look slow.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cardsNhogs

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 07, 2016, 12:17:04 pm

The crowd was so ready to explode and it's like we're right on the cusp of clicking as a unit but then suddenly *UNFORCED TURNOVER/BAD SHOT*

What that tells me is all those JUCO's & FRESHMEN who flash their talent at times are still very indecisive when passing the rock around the perimeter.

I know I'm not the only seeing the frustration eating at them....I have yet to see Daryl crack a smile or show any emotion. (maybe that's always been his demeanor)

By the way has anyone seen a vocal leader on the team.  Coaching extension on the floor????

If this team starts clicking with the current talent it's borderline top 25-30 but until then were fighting to be a bubble team.

Gafford will take Kingsley minutes

010HogFan

Swinesong1

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 07, 2016, 12:25:05 pm
Kingsley ain't gonna have any minutes next year
I think that was the reason for the response to the "Gafford n Garland will take someone's minutes" post. He was letting that poster know Gafford will slide into Kingsley's spot.

010HogFan

Quote from: Swinesong1 on December 07, 2016, 12:27:47 pm
I think that was the reason for the response to the "Gafford n Garland will take someone's minutes" post. He was letting that poster know Gafford will slide into Kingsley's spot.

the act of "taking someone's minutes" comes with the assumption that you are playing someone over another player.

Swinesong1

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 07, 2016, 12:31:48 pm
the act of "taking someone's minutes" comes with the assumption that you are playing someone over another player.
Ok

k.c.hawg

When you have 3 seniors that play major minutes I wouldn't say they have to take anyone's minutes. They just have to come in ready to play.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The_Iceman

Kingsley, Hannahs, and Watkins minutes will all be up for grabs.

phadedhawg

There were a couple stretches last night that felt similar to the Minnesota game.  I think we probably lose that one if we played it on the road. 

I'm still impressed with the young talent in this team.  I think big things are in store for them but they've got some sorting out to do beforehand.

JayBell

The only two freshmen who play much rank 10th and 11th in minutes.  I doubt they're affecting much, especially momentum.

Danny J

Yes...lots of talent and need to find the right rotations at the right time...got to find the hot hand and stick with them especially away from BWA. If that means backing off the full court game in order to keep the hot hand/lineup on the court then so be it. I think CMA will get it figured out as the season progresses.

311Hog

i just thought of it as a question of consistency and intensity.  At times we looked very good, and then lulls in the action produced a blow by or a few open 3's.  As always i am not real sure what to expect for these teams, i mean winning at home vs non ranked teams is pretty much a W every time, but i am not real sure we are learning enough from those games to take it on the road.

Kingsley needs/has to be more assertive, he is really good reminds me a bit of watching Mike Washington from a few years ago play.  Mike had better Offensive game Kingsley better defensive, but still he overmatches ppl in the post but seems to give it up to easy or to slow just feel like he needs more work down there.

The_Bionic_Pig

January 25, 2017, 10:17:30 am #13 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:00:02 am by The_Bionic_Pig
Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 07, 2016, 12:17:04 pm

Now that the off-season acquisitions have developed some continuity with their teammates I can safely say it's no longer just a leap in talent from last season but now the ball is moving around and in the perimeter much crisper The decision making isn't as hesitant.

The 2014-15 team would still beat them 5  of 10 but they would beat the brakes off of last season's team.

They still have another month of opportunities (game's) to improve but I am happy to witness this team's progression.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HulkHoggin

No offense, just confused....

"2015's team would beat them 5 out of 10" December 07, 2016, 12:17:04 pm

"The 2014-16 team would still beat them 7 out of 10" Today at 10:17:30 am

Aren't they getting better?

The_Bionic_Pig

January 25, 2017, 10:58:00 am #15 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:08:43 am by The_Bionic_Pig
Quote from: HulkHoggin on January 25, 2017, 10:22:15 am
No offense, just confused....

"2015's team would beat them 5 out of 10" December 07, 2016, 12:17:04 pm

"The 2014-16 team would still beat them 7 out of 10" Today at 10:17:30 am

Aren't they getting better?

I should have stated 2015-16 January team...(month by month improvement.)  March could yield a entirely different opinion. 

The guard play is a tossup at this point but the interior scoring & rebounding (Portis/Kingsley) vs (Kingsley/???) isn't even comparable at this point.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 25, 2017, 10:17:30 am
Now that the off-season acquisitions have developed some continuity with their teammates I can safely say it's no longer just a leap in talent from last season but now the ball is moving around and in the perimeter much crisper The decision making isn't as hesitant.

The 2014-15 team would still beat them 5  of 10 but they would beat the brakes off of last season's team.

They still have another month of opportunities (game's) to improve but I am happy to witness this team's progression.

So you are saying the 2016-2017 and the 2014-2015 teams are about even? Qualls and Portis are better than any player of this team, but team is better overall top to bottom.

I agree, this year's team would destroy last year's team. More depth, better talent...would run them off the court.

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 25, 2017, 10:58:00 am
I should have stated 2015-16 January team...(month by month improvement.)  March could yield a entirely different opinion. 

The guard play is a tossup at this point but the interior scoring & rebounding (Portis/Kingsley) vs (Kingsley/???) isn't even comparable at this point.

Who would you rather have:

Barford, Hannahs, Macon, Beard, Watkins from 2016

or

Madden, Bell, Beard, Durham, Watkins from 2014?

Put Qualls in the mix for 2014, and that changes a lot. But just backcourt (guards), it is no doubt 2016-2017.