Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Win for the Tourney Haters!

Started by jdunhog, December 06, 2016, 08:18:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

This game is a big one for selection sunday!

rude1

Sorry but the BIG ones will be determined on the ROAD............

Razorback_Mack

Nothing but a bunch of haters on here. Pulling for the hogs is painful for Hogville.

jdunhog

Razorod

This one is a nice one, but not a big one. We were home and favored. We did what we were supposed to do. Beating Texas and Florida in the next two and a half weeks, then we can start talking.

Good win though.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2016, 08:23:29 pm

Still a good win.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: jdunhog on December 06, 2016, 08:18:17 pm
This game is a big one for selection sunday!

Top 100 rpi win.  Who knows could be top 50.  Gotta win these! Keep it up and keep improving hogs!

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 06, 2016, 08:24:08 pm
Nothing but a bunch of haters on here. Pulling for the hogs is painful for Hogville.

Sure seems to be for some.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

rude1

Quote from: Little Lady Back on December 06, 2016, 08:25:27 pm
Still a good win.
Agreed, but nothing to be bragging about. This win will mean  nothing if this team can't go on the road and win, and ultimately that is what is going to decide if they are a tourney team or not. Winning at home has never been the problem.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2016, 08:26:50 pm
Agreed, but nothing to be bragging about. This win will mean  nothing if this team can't go on the road and win, and ultimately that is what is going to decide if they are a tourney team or not. Winning at home has never been the problem.

Still a good win...
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Joe-T

jdunhog

What do you mean nothing to brag about? were you for Houston?

elksnort

this is [CENSORED] stupid to say this

Hog Solo

Let's pump the breaks on the win. It's a good win yes, but a win tonight is less telling than a loss in this scenario.

Why is every win or loss in jump ball go to the extremes of the spectrum?

Ironhawg

Since Hogville seems to bother you a great deal I guess you'll be finding another site.  Good luck!

rude1

Quote from: jdunhog on December 06, 2016, 08:30:56 pm
What do you mean nothing to brag about? were you for Houston?
When you start a thread touting a win over Houston as a "Big Win for the Tourney", you either still think Olajuwon and Drexler are still playing there or you are unfamiliar with what Houston's basketball program has been like recently, such as just losing by 19 @ LSU........

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: elksnort on December 06, 2016, 08:31:20 pm
this is [CENSORED] stupid to say this
Wrong. More threads complaining after a double digit win than positive threads. There's a bunch of miserable people on here. They're basketball experts though. Basketball wizards.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 06, 2016, 08:39:35 pm
Since Hogville seems to bother you a great deal I guess you'll be finding another site.  Good luck!
It's hysterical. Great when I need a laugh.

Razorback_Mack

Hollywood_HOGan45

This is a good win but it doesn't skyrocket NCAAT hopes. It does indicate improvement in the team. Hopefully we can play like this against Texas at Austin next saturday.

hobhog

Not haters. Just unfamiliar with the Tourney....

Good win. Im waiting for sec before getting too excited. Been here before.

hobhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 06, 2016, 08:45:23 pm
This is a good win but it doesn't skyrocket NCAAT hopes. It does indicate improvement in the team. Hopefully we can play like this against Texas at Austin next saturday.

It's in Houston....

dsims2k3

Jump ball has a group of self  entitled fans.... Suddenly  they are scoffing  and yawning  at home  wins, since they cannot  complain about  the team playing 300+ rpi teams.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

BoarnSupremacy

This was a good win.  Not great but good

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2016, 08:39:56 pm
When you start a thread touting a win over Houston as a "Big Win for the Tourney", you either still think Olajuwon and Drexler are still playing there or you are unfamiliar with what Houston's basketball program has been like recently, such as just losing by 19 @ LSU........

Not at all. The "PHI SLAMA JAMA" team you mentioned was the best team in the History of Houston Cougars basketball. This Houston team doesn't compare to that one at all but with the exception of Minnesota, they are the best opponent the Hogs have play thus far and that makes this is solid win. This Hog team is showing improvement but there is still work to be done. They aren't tournament ready yet and shouldn't be expected to be.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jdunhog

Good wins will get you in the tournament! Houston will be a top 50 win!

dsims2k3

Quote from: jdunhog on December 06, 2016, 08:52:04 pm
Good wins will get you in the tournament! Houston will be a top 50 win!
Exactly. The AAC is a very solid basketball  conference. Houston  will be a top three team  in the AAC.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

BoarnSupremacy

When I think of Houston   I think of a good basketball win.

Hog Solo

Quote from: dsims2k3 on December 06, 2016, 08:55:03 pm
Exactly. The AAC is a very solid basketball  conference. Houston  will be a top three team  in the AAC.

This is a good win, but ops title of this thread is a decisive one.  No need for that. Makes me think that he cares less about the win and more about picking a fight with people not in his camp.

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas fan's in general are more concerned with a steady improvement each game (team gelling) because getting hot in January and having double-digit conference wins (10-12) would bring a lot more optimism about the present/future of this programs potential.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Danny J

Houston was in NIT last year and could win their conference this year. It may indeed go down as a good win.

swinesation

Hog Solo

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 06, 2016, 09:09:45 pm
Arkansas fan's in general are more concerned with a steady improvement each game (team gelling) because getting hot in January and having double-digit conference wins (10-12) would bring a lot more optimism about the present/future of this programs potential.

Pretty accurate.  We have some good pieces to the puzzle but it seems like coach is trying to figure how they all fit still, plus it doesn't help when some of the kids are pretty inconsistent at this point.

Dropkick

Good win, may I please have another..........

RealHog

Or at least solid Nuetral games.

RealHog

Quote from: Razorod on December 06, 2016, 08:25:15 pm
This one is a nice one, but not a big one. We were home and favored. We did what we were supposed to do. Beating Texas and Florida in the next two and a half weeks, then we can start talking.

Good win though.

These games will be huge for the program. Florida at least looks formidable.

lynbug

Even though Moses had a decent night and Trey blocked a couple I still think we have a paint problem when we come up against a strong team.  Hope that resolves itself in the next few weeks.  But, excited that we have won 3 straight after Minnesota.  Conference season is around the corner and all those games will be challenging.

HawgnCorona

If we lost the game you would be saying the opposite.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

jdunhog

Fort Wayne down 11 at #23 Notre dame with 3 minutes left!