Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belk Bowl Conflict

Started by yraciv, December 04, 2016, 10:24:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Wonder if they can push back the start on our SEC opener vs. Florida 2 hours.  Belk Bowl starts at 4:30 and FL game starts at 6.  I really wanted to have a rocking crowd for one of our biggest home games, but the crowd is going to be sparse competing against a bowl game.

hobhog

Move it up to a noon game. Doubtful anyone will go after bowl game. It won't end until around 8 - not enough time to get to BWA.

Danny J

Quote from: hobhog on December 04, 2016, 10:53:56 pm
Move it up to a noon game. Doubtful anyone will go after bowl game. It won't end until around 8 - not enough time to get to BWA.
I agree...noon would be great however many will be working. It's just a bad thing all around because we will need a large crowd to help our energy even though I hate the thought of need a large crowd to get motivated.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J on December 04, 2016, 11:16:32 pm
I agree...noon would be great however many will be working. It's just a bad thing all around because we will need a large crowd to help our energy even though I hate the thought of need a large crowd to get motivated.
Even better would be to move it back to 8:00, open the doors at 4:00 and have a Hog Belk Bowl watch party before the basketball game.

TexArkHogFan

Not the first time.  I can't remember the year, but I think I recall playing Texas at their place at the same time our bowl game was going on.  Maybe some of the historians on here can find that.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 05, 2016, 07:15:43 am
Even better would be to move it back to 8:00, open the doors at 4:00 and have a Hog Belk Bowl watch party before the basketball game.

Game is on TV.  TV calls the shots. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Wisco Pig

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 05, 2016, 07:40:02 am
Not the first time.  I can't remember the year, but I think I recall playing Texas at their place at the same time our bowl game was going on.  Maybe some of the historians on here can find that.

January 4, 2011 -- The basketball team was throttled in Austin, 79-46, and the football team lost to Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 05, 2016, 07:42:05 am
Game is on TV.  TV calls the shots.

This.  SEC Network already has an 8pm game scheduled.   I would be totally shocked to see our game moved.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Wisco Pig on December 05, 2016, 08:02:52 am
January 4, 2011 -- The basketball team was throttled in Austin, 79-46, and the football team lost to Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl.

It also happened last year.  Football won and basketball team was pounded by Texas A&M.

lstewart

Yes, this stinks. We have season tickets for both football and basketball. I have been to every home basketball game, but this will be a tough decision. Hate to skip the basketball game, but would rather not know football results if I was going to record it. I know at the basketball game they will be giving updates. Stinks.....!

onebadrubi

As mentioned before this happened.  I believe Long even tried to get Texas to accommodate a time change and they refused.  Arkansas got throttled.

HF#1

This always seems to happen to us.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

mbgrulz

There is a reason they made DVR...Go watch the Hog BB team and then come home and start the FB game.

hogsanity

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 05, 2016, 12:25:22 pm
There is a reason they made DVR...Go watch the Hog BB team and then come home and start the FB game.

Yea cause no one at the bball game will be the jack-a-ninny telling everyone the score to the Fb game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hogsanity on December 05, 2016, 12:35:19 pm
Yea cause no one at the bball game will be the jack-a-ninny telling everyone the score to the Fb game.

The announcers will announce the score every 10 minutes anyway. No way to go to the basketball game and not hear the score to the football game.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

GuvHog

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on December 05, 2016, 10:58:00 am
This.  SEC Network already has an 8pm game scheduled.   I would be totally shocked to see our game moved.

All they have to do is clear the switch with all 4 teams involved. It isn't that hard to do.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on December 05, 2016, 02:09:59 pm
All they have to do is clear the switch with all 4 teams involved. It isn't that hard to do.

I also wonder how hard is it for some people to fact check the things they say on here, you wouldn't think that would be hard to do either, would you?

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: GuvHog on December 05, 2016, 02:09:59 pm

And you don't suppose there was a reason TV scheduled our game early in the first place (as if we WANTED to be the early game)?

yraciv

The late game in question is A&M and Tennessee, which both are off to lackluster starts.  Other questionable game with more a better timeslot/coverage is Vandy & LSU at 8:00 on ESPN U.

razorback1829

Yeeaaaaaa... it's not even a question with my crew. We'll be at the basketball game yelling our asses off! Bowl season is very very overrated.

hogsanity

Quote from: razorback1829 on December 06, 2016, 08:51:19 am
Yeeaaaaaa... it's not even a question with my crew. We'll be at the basketball game yelling our asses off! Bowl season is very very overrated.

There are 14 or so chances left to see the basketball team play, 20+ if you count road games on tv, but there is only chance to see the fb team until next Sept, so many will probably choose to watch the football game. Of course this would be the year we start SEC play in Dec.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogsanity on December 05, 2016, 12:35:19 pm
Haha very true... I HATE when people feel the need to update me on the score!

hogsanity

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 06, 2016, 11:52:51 am
Haha very true... I HATE when people feel the need to update me on the score!

of topic, but I was calling a football game the night of the TCU game, and we were not done until after the hog game, and there was some dude standing at the gate telling everyone the score to the hogs game as they left. I am really surprised someone did not pop him in the mouth.