Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show the team some love

Started by parallaxpig, December 03, 2016, 09:06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

High school playoffs winding down, decent December weather, go to game tonight. Look at it this way,  it's a couple of hours you don't have to go Christmas shopping.  ;D
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

rzrbkman

I will be happy to start attending the games in person again, once the team starts winning and playing better on a consistent basis. Meanwhile I will keep following the team by listening on the radio and watching on TV.

jry04

Quote from: rzrbkman on December 03, 2016, 12:09:52 pm
I will be happy to start attending the games in person again, once the team starts winning and playing better on a consistent basis. Meanwhile I will keep following the team by listening on the radio and watching on TV.
Spoken like a true bandwagon fan.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 03, 2016, 09:06:11 am
High school playoffs winding down, decent December weather, go to game tonight. Look at it this way,  it's a couple of hours you don't have to go Christmas shopping.  ;D

I'm with ya!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MountieDawg

It's not often you get to see governors play basketball
SEC!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dirty

Why do you even watch.   

PonderinHog

Love is all you need.   Battle!

MountieDawg

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 03, 2016, 09:06:11 am

The University needs to show the fans some love. Schedule some big time games. The weak schedule us designed to keep MA with a decent record but it's killing attendance and not helping show both basketball and football recruits how good Razorback fans can be on recruiting visits.
SEC!

Knot2brite

4.5 hours away...not feasible....I haven't seen a hog game in person since Nolan was there...being on tv is the only way I will see them
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

parallaxpig

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 03, 2016, 03:41:25 pm
The University needs to show the fans some love. Schedule some big time games. The weak schedule us designed to keep MA with a decent record but it's killing attendance and not helping show both basketball and football recruits how good Razorback fans can be on recruiting visits.

Current RPI of 33. This is tourney worthy which in the long run is all that matters.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

parallaxpig

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 03, 2016, 03:49:07 pm
4.5 hours away...not feasible....I haven't seen a hog game in person since Nolan was there...being on tv is the only way I will see them

Was directed at 14,000 ticket holders who I assume majority live a little closer. 

hogmolar

I agree. We should have at least 9 wins by now. I mean winning 5 of your first 6 is totally unacceptable. SMH.

MountieDawg

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 03, 2016, 04:02:21 pm
Current RPI of 33. This is tourney worthy which in the long run is all that matters.

RPI in December is about as important as how a wedding dress fits 2 years before the wedding.
SEC!

parallaxpig

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 03, 2016, 04:09:56 pm
RPI in December is about as important as how a wedding dress fits 2 years before the wedding.

Just for clarification, is winning important in December cuz that's a major component of RPI calculation.

Knot2brite

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 03, 2016, 04:04:31 pm
Was directed at 14,000 ticket holders who I assume majority live a little closer. 
When I lived in Little Rock...I would go to thre or four games a year...when I moved down to the gates of hell ( texarkana ) it became a major chore...I don't even get to see football or baseball games in person
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

sadhogfan

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 03, 2016, 03:41:25 pm

We may or may not make the tournament this year, but the schedule we have, while perhaps not exciting, is designed specifically to help us to do that. Not by giving MA empty wins (we did that a lot in the Pel and early MA years...it doesn't work) but by having us play mid-majors with decent RPIs who will finish well in conference.

It is true that our non-con schedule doesn't contain a lot of marquee names; but people who try to claim that it is a Who's Who list of terrible teams don't actually know much about the current state of college basketball. But this forum has provided ample evidence for years that we are not a particularly knowledgable fan base.

parallaxpig

Quote from: sadhogfan on December 03, 2016, 05:03:05 pm
We may or may not make the tournament this year, but the schedule we have, while perhaps not exciting, is designed specifically to help us to do that. Not by giving MA empty wins (we did that a lot in the Pel and early MA years...it doesn't work) but by having us play mid-majors with decent RPIs who will finish well in conference.

It is true that our non-con schedule doesn't contain a lot of marquee names; but people who try to claim that it is a Who's Who list of terrible teams don't actually know much about the current state of college basketball. But this forum has provided ample evidence for years that we are not a particularly knowledgable fan base.

This......

(notOM)Rebel123

Well said. Agree. I doubt many know that Indiana Fort Wayne beat #3 Indiana and that UT-Arlington beat Texas.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Little Lady Back

Well stated.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hobhog

Fans may not be all knowing when it comes to mid majors, but they shouldn't have to work this hard to find a reason to support the Hogs. Bottom line: dance in March or no one cares and will continue to be not as "knowledgable" as the schedule scholars.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hobhog on December 04, 2016, 06:42:46 pm
Fans may not be all knowing when it comes to mid majors, but they shouldn't have to work this hard to find a reason to support the Hogs. Bottom line: dance in March or no one cares and will continue to be not as "knowledgable" as the schedule scholars.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jonteviosk

The team is playing solid basketball right now.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

niels_boar

Quote from: hobhog on December 04, 2016, 06:42:46 pm

Well, we're not gonna know about March until, oh, March.  How hard to you have to work as a fan to know that they are 6-1 and ranked in the top 50 by most computer rankings that take into account strength of schedule?  That puts them in at-large territory. Therefore, a little support might help nudge them onto the dance floor.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.