Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pat Bradley was Awesome!

Started by FineAsSwine, December 02, 2016, 08:17:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

He made me laugh several times while making many good points about the action during the game. Especially liked when Barford barreled through a crowd of defenders and the whistle blew. Bradley said about the ref, "he could have called anything right there and I wouldn't have disagreed".

Loved his commentary. ESPN got a good one.
Hogs up! Covid down!

SemperFi

Gotta agree with you there. I thought Pat did a great job and I'm happy for him. Hope to see him do even more in the near future. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

FineAsSwine

Quote from: SemperFi on December 02, 2016, 08:25:05 am
Gotta agree with you there. I thought Pat did a great job and I'm happy for him. Hope to see him do even more in the near future. WPS!

His commentary was interesting, was informative and the delivery didn't feel forced. I think he's found his calling. If I didn't know who he was and what he meant to Razorback basketball, I still would have enjoyed listening to him.
Hogs up! Covid down!

chiefhawg

I really wish Pat would replace the JBU guy. Pat is 1000 time better and comes across as much more informed.

The Hogfather

I knew he would be.  He checks all of the boxes.

Hawgndaaz

his accent works for college basketball too. it just fits.

Little Lady Back

I thought he was great last night!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

cableguy

HotlantaHog

I thought he was very good. He could easily have an ESPN career doing this if he works hard ... similar to Jimmy Dykes.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 02, 2016, 10:40:30 am
I thought he was very good. He could easily have an ESPN career doing this if he works hard ... similar to Jimmy Dykes.

He is better than Dykes was already. I got so tired of that "put a saddle on him and ride him up the sideline" signature line of his.
Hogs up! Covid down!

elksnort

For sake of entertainment, I like Blake Eddins. Blake can be an absolute riot if you listen closely.

Danny J

I have mentioned this for a long time but he did a game for the RSN back in the early 2000's and he killed it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2016, 10:53:43 am
For sake of entertainment, I like Blake Eddins. Blake can be an absolute riot if you listen closely.
Blake and Pat together would be a dream team.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2016, 10:53:43 am

I like Blake as well, he was very good and as you say, very entertaining.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 02, 2016, 10:57:15 am

Yeah, those two could make you forget bad basketball.

FineAsSwine

That would be awesome. Each one one upping the other. I still laugh when I remember Blake saying about John Engskov that in one game the Razorbacks were winning so handily that Engskov scored in the first half. Nice and creative use of the zinger!
Hogs up! Covid down!

Jackrabbit Hog

Better than the British Bulldogs, the Rock and Roll Express, and the Road Warriors?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

code red

I think Pat moves up quickly.....great color guy.....great memory of past players and present players.....quick wit and keeps the game interesting.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

BDSCT51

Plus 1 for Pat's performance last night as well. Very nicely done!
Bleeding Razorback Red

elksnort

Haha, they might be overwhelming.

The Hogfather

Yes, I think very highly of Blake as a color guy as well.  I really miss getting to listen to him do our games.  Wish he could get a spot with the SEC Network as well, but I think they probably think he's TOO funny and not serious enough.

hawginbigd1

Only critique might be he could dial back the man crush he has for Watkins ;D

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 02, 2016, 08:17:33 am
He made me laugh several times while making many good points about the action during the game. Especially liked when Barford barreled through a crowd of defenders and the whistle blew. Bradley said about the ref, "he could have called anything right there and I wouldn't have disagreed".

Loved his commentary. ESPN got a good one.

All said with a New Jersey accent I assume.  LOL. I heard him on the pre-season coaches meetings and he no doubt still has it.

Bogghawg

I'm sure you meant Massachusetts
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Bogghawg on December 02, 2016, 11:09:54 pm
I'm sure you meant Massachusetts

LOL I was thinking of my Jursey relatives when I posted that!

Porky McGee

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 02, 2016, 10:44:37 am
He is better than Dykes was already. I got so tired of that "put a saddle on him and ride him up the sideline" signature line of his.
I used to count how many times Dykes would say "In This Building" haha