Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SF Austin tomorrow (brain fart city)

Started by Biggus Piggus, November 30, 2016, 04:11:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Will be very interesting to see how the Razorbacks handle them (though I will be at a business dinner).

SF Austin's stats season to date are extremely weird.

Absolutely the worst ballhandling team in college hoop. Dead last.

Very good 3-point shooting team, good 3-pointer defensive team. They rely very heavily on outscoring opponents from long range.

Very poor inside game, horrendous interior defense.

They get gobtons of shots blocked.

Their rebounding percentages are pretty good.

SF Austin played Kentucky pretty well in the opener, lost by 23 but didn't get murdered.

They beat two poor opponents by narrow margins, then lost at Louisiana-Monroe, which was not a good loss (La-Mo was 0fer against D-I opposition).

G Ty Charles, one of SFA's best players, missed the past three games with a shoulder injury. Juco F Leon Gilmore and F Nathan Bain missed the La-Mo game with injuries. Gilmore is their best low post player. No idea whether he will be back tonight.

G Ivan Canete scored 28 points at La-Mo, with six threes.

Arkansas has not lost to a Southland Conference opponent since 1954.
[CENSORED]!

WooPig90

We play them tomorrow not tonight..

The Hogfather

FineAsSwine

Quote from: WooPig90 on November 30, 2016, 04:13:09 pm
We play them tomorrow not tonight..

Well... he did mention something about a brain fart.

Danny J

The_Iceman

Ole Miss lost to Jacorey Williams and Middle Tennessee State by 15.

TexArkHogFan

The Cowboys are playing at the same time.  Who do I watch? 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Biggus Piggus

Setting expectations for this game:

Pomeroy says Arkansas wins by 12.

SFA lost its opener to Kentucky by 23. UK wasn't really rolling yet.

SFA beat Longwood by 6, beat D-II Northeastern State by 5, lost at Louisiana-Monroe by 5.

Even allowing for the tendency for opponents to play out of their minds against the Hogs, I won't be impressed by anything less than a 20-point win.

Nothing about SFA's system should be a good matchup for them, and they have important players injured.
[CENSORED]!

hogmolar

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 30, 2016, 04:11:45 pm
Will be very interesting to see how the Razorbacks handle them (though I will be at a business dinner).

SF Austin's stats season to date are extremely weird.

Absolutely the worst ballhandling team in college hoop. Dead last.

Very good 3-point shooting team, good 3-pointer defensive team. They rely very heavily on outscoring opponents from long range.

Very poor inside game, horrendous interior defense.

They get gobtons of shots blocked.

Their rebounding percentages are pretty good.

SF Austin played Kentucky pretty well in the opener, lost by 23 but didn't get murdered.

They beat two poor opponents by narrow margins, then lost at Louisiana-Monroe, which was not a good loss (La-Mo was 0fer against D-I opposition).

G Ty Charles, one of SFA's best players, missed the past three games with a shoulder injury. Juco F Leon Gilmore and F Nathan Bain missed the La-Mo game with injuries. Gilmore is their best low post player. No idea whether he will be back tonight.

G Ivan Canete scored 28 points at La-Mo, with six threes.

Arkansas has not lost to a Southland Conference opponent since 1954.
This right here is why I dont think it will be a 20 point win.  I think we win but this scares me. 

The_Iceman

In the last 3 years, Stephen F. Austin is:

89-14 Overall
53-1 in Conference
3 straight conference championships
3 straight conference tournament titles
2014 2nd round NCAA
2015 1st round NCAA
2016 2nd round NCAA

This is no push over game folks.

hogwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 01, 2016, 10:21:18 am
In the last 3 years, Stephen F. Austin is:

89-14 Overall
53-1 in Conference
3 straight conference championships
3 straight conference tournament titles
2014 2nd round NCAA
2015 1st round NCAA
2016 2nd round NCAA

This is no push over game folks.

They have had a good program and are even a recognizable name to most college basketball fans now as it has become the usual for them to cause an upset in the NCAAT. I was excited to see them on the schedule but this is not the same team as those last 3 years. New coach, lots of new players. We'll see how they fare in the rest of their season though. Hopefully they are handed a big loss tonight.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Wisco Pig

Sounds like an opportunity for Kingsley to have a good night and start building a little more confidence.

Atlhogfan1

Walkup aint walkin through that door tonight.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

hobhog

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 01, 2016, 05:24:07 am
The Cowboys are playing at the same time.  Who do I watch?

Guessing most will stay home and watch both. Attendance will be depressing again.

TexArkHogFan

I live in Texarkana, about a five hour drive.  If I was going to the game, I best be leaving real soon.  Think I'll stay home and watch it on TV.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

phadedhawg

Quote from: hogmolar on December 01, 2016, 10:12:58 am
This right here is why I dont think it will be a 20 point win.  I think we win but this scares me. 

Yep, a team that can hit the long ball against normal competition should shoot lights out against our perimeter defense.  I hope we have enough athleticism to just run through them but I'm expecting a close game.

root_hawg

Should be over midway through the second half