Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how many fans show up tonight?

Started by Kevin, November 28, 2016, 11:45:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 01, 2016, 06:27:52 am
At BWA, tickets are scanned with handheld scanners. One reason why the actual attendance is estimated is because, in many cases, schools report actual attendance to include everyone in the building. So teams, media, support staff, etc., who wouldn't have a ticket to scan, might be included in those #'s. At least it has been done that way in the past.
Got it.

Wouldn't be easier and less confusing to just report scanned tickets? 

hogsanity

Quote from: mizzouman on December 01, 2016, 08:27:07 am
Got it.

yes, and it would also make attendance look worse than it actually is.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hobhog

Maybe if they play the Cowboy game on scoreboard we will top 2500

HF#1

Tonight will be another sub 5k attendance kind of night.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MountieDawg

No lines at the concession stand or the bathroom...
SEC!

HF#1

We might as well move back into Barnhill and use BWA for concerts and what not.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

FineAsSwine

So much reveling and joyous celebration of any negative aspects of our program. Great fans. Go Hogs.  :razorback:

outlawhogeywells

question is we have sold over 12,000 season tickets, so we hear.  why are those people not showing up?

hogsanity

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on December 01, 2016, 01:54:09 pm
question is we have sold over 12,000 season tickets, so we hear.  why are those people not showing up?

That has always been the case. The difference was back in the 90's there were people who would buy or use those tickets. I never had season tickets but I went to a dozen games a year back then. Now, no one wants those tickets. I would not go tonight if someone gave me two center court front row. 20 years ago there would have been a fight over tickets like that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HF#1

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on December 01, 2016, 01:54:09 pm

Some of those are bought up by boosters so they can entertain clients. Nobody is going to take a client to a game against SF Austin.

razorhead94

Around 7,000.  Better name opponent...better tip time...better night of the week than Monday/Tuesday
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

MountieDawg

Quote from: HF#1 on December 01, 2016, 02:07:23 pm
Some of those are bought up by boosters so they can entertain clients. Nobody is going to take a client to a game against SF Austin.

If Steve Austin, the "Six Million Dollar Man" was playing I would go!!!  Probably most of you young people wont get that reference! He had a great eye and could jump out of the gym!  On Stubhub you can buy upper deck tickets for $6 and move down and seat on the bench with the players!

SEC!

hogsanity

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 01, 2016, 02:18:19 pm
If Steve Austin, the "Six Million Dollar Man" was playing I would go!!!  Probably most of you young people wont get that reference! He had a great eye and could jump out of the gym!  On Stubhub you can buy upper deck tickets for $6 and move down and seat on the bench with the players!

We have the technology, we can rebuild him

lstewart

At lunch today on campus in front of the student union some guys from the athletic department were giving away pizza, asking students to come to the game tonight, and passing out a sheet with info on the game. The student section was much smaller than normal Monday night.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Kevin

Stone cold Steve Austin would draw a bigger crowd
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hobhog

Quote from: lstewart on December 01, 2016, 02:27:03 pm
At lunch today on campus in front of the student union some guys from the athletic department were giving away pizza, asking students to come to the game tonight, and passing out a sheet with info on the game. The student section was much smaller than normal Monday night.

Truly sad how far we have fallen.....

FineAsSwine

Quote from: lstewart on December 01, 2016, 02:27:03 pm

From Z's? That might bring them out.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: mizzouman on December 01, 2016, 08:27:07 am
Got it.

One would think.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 01, 2016, 12:57:36 pm
No lines at the concession stand or the bathroom...

The Chick-Fil-A stand is gone.

hobhog

My sons a student and just walked in and sat in row one behind SFA bench.

Mr. Porkleone

Razorback BB is dead. Couldn't even fill Barnhill

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on December 01, 2016, 09:05:28 pm
Razorback BB is dead. Couldn't even fill Barnhill

Neither could a lot of teams across the country.

hobhog

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hobhog on December 01, 2016, 09:36:55 pm
We used to be different.

Many can say the same thing. Times have changed. We can watch every game at home.

hogsanity

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 01, 2016, 09:17:00 pm
Neither could a lot of teams across the country.

College basketball is a ugly game right now outside of a few teams.

Atlhogfan1

SFA
Attendance: 13358
Estimated Actual Attendance: 4,705

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

lstewart

They have a Whattaburger sponsored contest every game when someone is selected to watch the board, boxes for french-fries swirl around, and then the person has to choose which box has the fries inside. If they win (they always do), everyone on that row wins free coupons. They always choose a row that has about 4 people on it. As the contest starts, you can see all these people changing seats to move up to that row, to try to get a free burger. As the contest finishes there were will double or triple the number sitting on the row. LOTS of empty seats everywhere. Kind of feels like going to a women's game with the crowd.