Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how many fans show up tonight?

Started by Kevin, November 28, 2016, 11:45:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

At least 2. My wife and I will be there.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 28, 2016, 11:47:35 am
Who we playin?

Mount St. Mary's...not to be confused with Saint Mary's, who is a top 25 team.

Cause I got confused on that as well.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 28, 2016, 12:00:22 pm
Mount St. Mary's...not to be confused with Saint Mary's, who is a top 25 team.

Cause I got confused on that as well.

Didnt MSM play Mich this past weekend? Are they on a playing for cash tour?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HF#1

Why are we playing a Girls Catholic School from LR? This could be a dangerous game, we better play well.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Kevin

mount st marys  1-7

west Virginia 87-59 loss
iowa state 73-55 loss
Minnesota 80-56 loss
George mason 78-76 win
southern illinios 73-67 loss
ut Arlington 80-71 loss
Michigan 64-47 loss

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogsanity on November 28, 2016, 12:02:58 pm
Didnt MSM play Mich this past weekend? Are they on a playing for cash tour?

Must be. All 7 games so far have been on the road and most against top 25ish programs.

HF#1

If this game is within 15 points, it's going to be a long season.

BroyledNutts

PonderinHog

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 28, 2016, 12:14:46 pm
Why are we playing a Girls Catholic School from LR? This could be a dangerous game, we better play well.

Well, Bielema played golf against the Women's Club and lost, so there is precedent there...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hobhog

Students couldn't find their way there. They need to start selling cheap beer in BWA....

hogsanity

Quote from: HF#1 on November 28, 2016, 01:45:58 pm
If this game is within 15 points, it's going to be a long season.

won by 13. Late garbage pts by MSM

Jonteviosk

WTH is wrong with moses tonight we got by but to be anyone that's good were going to need more that 9 pts from whats supposed to be out best player.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hobhog on November 28, 2016, 08:50:27 pm
Students couldn't find their way there. They need to start selling cheap beer in BWA....

Cheap nachos and Frito pie too.

Danny J

Quote from: Jonteviosk on November 28, 2016, 09:07:43 pm
WTH is wrong with moses tonight we got by but to be anyone that's good were going to need more that 9 pts from whats supposed to be out best player.
Hard for him to adjust I believe with all the new scorers and new guys trying to get him the ball. Remember we lost two guys that used to really get him some looks down low last year. His point scoring was going to go down and so would hannahs. Just too many scorers and not enough shots to go around. Moses just needs to hang tough and work on blocking out and being in position.

Jonteviosk

cant get too upset they lost to wv 18 iowa st 18 minn 14 mich by 14 so were not to far off the pace.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

LR_Matt

Why are we playing a Little Rock girls high school???

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

The_Bionic_Pig

MA started  emptying the bench with about 2-3 minutes left in the game when we were up 19
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

(notOM)Rebel123

There weren't many there. The student attendance, or lack thereof, is sad. But hey, I caught a t-shirt.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

DLUXHOG

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 29, 2016, 06:32:24 am
There weren't many there. The student attendance, or lack thereof, is sad. But hey, I caught a t-shirt.
ESPN reports that 13,321 showed up.... that'd be 70% full........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WSPHOG

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 29, 2016, 06:32:24 am

There was more people in my row then in the student section.

hogsanity

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 29, 2016, 09:23:15 am

I will guarantee it was closer to 3,321 than 13k.

hogwood

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 29, 2016, 09:23:15 am

I have seen that in the stat boxes for each game. That must be the number of tickets bought (with season ticket holders)...? Not sure how they get that number but it's been in the 13,000's every game on the ESPN box scores. I guess maybe there are lots of tickets paid for and just no one shows up? Sad if that is true. I would rather find out that they are just wrong with their numbers.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 29, 2016, 11:00:03 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/mbb/2016-17/AR05.pdf

"Attendance: 13321
Estimated Actual Attendance: 4,256"

Funny.... by saying "Attendance" I guess they're actually saying "tickets sold".....  :)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hogwood

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 29, 2016, 11:01:47 am
Funny.... by saying "Attendance" I guess they're actually saying "tickets sold".....  :)

Which seems crazy to me. You mean 9,000 people purchased tickets for a game and just didn't show up? What a waste of money... How many season ticket holders are there?

Atlhogfan1

In the early days of BWA, they counted everyone in the building.  It is how we had 20,000+ crowds in a 19,200 seat arena.  No idea if they still do it that way or not for actual numbers. 
Quote from: hogwood on November 29, 2016, 11:05:54 am
Which seems crazy to me. You mean 9,000 people purchased tickets for a game and just didn't show up? What a waste of money... How many season ticket holders are there?

14,000 has been the number I have seen estimated so the 13,321 number makes sense from that perspective. 

razorhead94

Quote from: hogwood on November 29, 2016, 10:55:08 am
I have seen that in the stat boxes for each game. That must be the number of tickets bought (with season ticket holders)...? Not sure how they get that number but it's been in the 13,000's every game on the ESPN box scores. I guess maybe there are lots of tickets paid for and just no one shows up? Sad if that is true. I would rather find out that they are just wrong with their numbers.

It's been this way forever.  We have sold almost 14,000 tickets in season tickets per year for a long long time(it used to be around 17,000).  I said this in another thread, but the people who aren't going to the games are the ticket holders and I would be interested to see where they all reside.  And what seems to be a common theme is those people who buy those tickets only want them for the big non-conference games and then the actual conference games.  Once the conference season starts then the majority of the fans will come back aka fill the seats.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

LR_Matt

I didn't buy my usual SEC home games pack this year due to work schedule. They're calling and emailing me quite a bit so there are tickets to be had for sure....

(notOM)Rebel123

Most all schools report attendance as tickets sold. That's why they add estimated actual attendance.

mizzouman

I dont get into attendance but how can something be actual and estimated at the same time?  With technology can't you get actual all the time?

PonderinHog

Quote from: mizzouman on November 29, 2016, 09:47:09 pm
I dont get into attendance but how can something be actual and estimated at the same time?  With technology can't you get actual all the time?
Substitute "paid" for "actual" and then go with "estimated."

mizzouman

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 30, 2016, 07:54:36 am
Substitute "paid" for "actual" and then go with "estimated."
Right but my point is if you have a ticket and it's scanned on entry, you should always announce actual.  Used to be turnstile attendance. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: mizzouman on November 30, 2016, 09:39:28 am
Right but my point is if you have a ticket and it's scanned on entry, you should always announce actual.  Used to be turnstile attendance.
What do support staff have to scan?

Atlhogfan1

One of the weakest teams on the schedule tomorrow night.  Low of 32.  But it is a Th night.

We want to set the "actual estimated attendance" O/U at 5,000?  4,500? 

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 30, 2016, 10:52:03 am
I'll take the over 5K.

Optimism.  I like it.  Maybe fans will think about how good recent SFA teams were. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 30, 2016, 10:54:03 am
Optimism.  I like it.  Maybe fans will think about how good recent SFA teams were.
Shhh.  That's kinda what I was pondering.  Hey, it's basketball season!  Maybe the Mizzou loss has worn off.  I don't know...

razorhead94

Tomorrow's attendance I would expect to be higher.  Thursday night is better than Monday.  It's a bigger name opponent.  It's also a later tip at 8:00 which should give more time for those after work.  I say 7k.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

FineAsSwine

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 30, 2016, 10:59:32 am
Tomorrow's attendance I would expect to be higher.  Thursday night is better than Monday.  It's a bigger name opponent.  It's also a later tip at 8:00 which should give more time for those after work.  I say 7k.

I'm going with a Price is Right strategy and bid $1 over the highest stated bid so I'll say 7001.

mizzouman

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 30, 2016, 09:53:57 am
What do support staff have to scan?
Oh, maybe it's different at BWA.  Last time I went to a game at Mizzou Arena, tickets are scanned, with like a handheld scanner.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: mizzouman on November 30, 2016, 12:09:13 pm
Oh, maybe it's different at BWA.  Last time I went to a game at Mizzou Arena, tickets are scanned, with like a handheld scanner.

At BWA, tickets are scanned with handheld scanners. One reason why the actual attendance is estimated is because, in many cases, schools report actual attendance to include everyone in the building. So teams, media, support staff, etc., who wouldn't have a ticket to scan, might be included in those #'s. At least it has been done that way in the past.