Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas #24 in Rankings

Started by jdunhog, November 24, 2016, 07:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

In the CBS College Basketball ratings after loss to Minnesota is rated 24!

MountieDawg

What a poll... UK and Duke not in the top 25... UNC Wilmington #4, Winthrop 12 and Xavier #1...
SEC!

hoglady

RPI poll and we actually #12 right now.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Rawker

Quote from: hoglady on November 28, 2016, 07:26:50 am
Hehe.  That's cooky.  BUT, if we could get to the Texas game with only one loss (Houston will be another big test, although SFA is coming off a surprise NCAA tourney and may be more dangerous than Houston), even with a Texas loss on the road we could be in a very good spot going into SEC.  Would be nice to have just one loss, but I asserted before the season that I was expecting 9-3 with 7 newcomers (I expected losses to MN at their place, Texas in TX, and one surprise at home - I was thinking it would more likely be FW or UTA or SFA, since they have proven in the previous season to be very capable of taken down big programs and had better seasons than the Hogs did, and we've made it through 2 of those).  I think they will show more energy than they did against MN for all their home games, and they have enough firepower to win those, but this group is more turnover prone so far than any group MA has had, so I expect that will be accentuated at Texas, resulting in a loss there.

TexArkHogFan

With a 3-1 record, we are currently 6th overall in the SEC standings, with a win tonight we are tied for 5th with Auburn.  There are currently only two teams undefeated, Kentucky and USCe.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

The Hogfather

Houston will be tough.  Their competition hasn't been great so far, but they have some talent.

The Hogfather

Tonight might be a little less comfortable than people are expecting.  Mt. St. Mary's has played a brutal schedule thus far.

Danny J

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 28, 2016, 04:32:16 pm
Tonight might be a little less comfortable than people are expecting.  Mt. St. Mary's has played a brutal schedule thus far.
Yeah you never know but usually in the past when we struggled like we did last week we come out with our asses on fire.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Danny J on November 28, 2016, 04:37:04 pm
Yeah you never know but usually in the past when we struggled like we did last week we come out with our asses on fire.

May be a good time for CJ, Bailey and a few other guys to get some extended minutes and start yanking guys who turn the ball over and not playing defense and such and just let them watch for a while.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hoglady on November 28, 2016, 07:26:50 am

If our RPI holds up and remains respectable, this could help us if we end up in a on the bubble situation so that RPI number is encouraging.

MountieDawg

The latest college basketball rpi is out....

Duke   23
UK      25
Ark St 38
Hogs   41

This may be the dumbest way ever to evaluate teams in the first month of the season!!!!

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/rpi/
SEC!

Wisco Pig

The RPI always spits out some silly ratings at this point in the season.  It will work itself out as more games are played and more data points are added to the index.   The early RPI is roughly comparable to a baseball player who hits .500 for the first two weeks of the season -- everyone knows that average will come down with more at-bats.

Now, a few long-time posters will say that the RPI remains silly all season.  I respect their point of view but do not wish to participate in the argument.