Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still believe in MA and the hogs

Started by Letsroll1200, November 22, 2016, 09:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

It's early in the season and this team will need some time to build chemistry. I still believe that MA will right the ship.  All sickness is not death and MA has shown that he can build a basketball team. Look forward to the rest of the season from this ball club.

tconey1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2016, 09:19:47 pm
It's early in the season and this team will need some time to build chemistry. I still believe that MA will right the ship.  All sickness is not death and MA has shown that he can build a basketball team. Look forward to the rest of the season from this ball club.

Where is the proof he can build a good baketball team? Im not trying to be a smarta$$.  Im really dont see it.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: tconey1 on November 22, 2016, 09:21:26 pm
Where is the proof he can build a good baketball team? Im not trying to be a smarta$$.  Im really dont see it.

You don't want to see it. Check his record.

LR_Matt

Quote from: tconey1 on November 22, 2016, 09:21:26 pm

Correct....

King Kong

It's one game.

But it is also the same song we have seen for many years

tconey1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2016, 09:27:49 pm
You don't want to see it. Check his record.

We couldnt get out of the second round during Portis's last year with the other talent we had.  His best year at Missouri was with the other coaches players(if my memory is right). I have been a CMA guy but we dont get better either from year to year or from the beginning of the season to the end.

Danny J

The one thing I do know...this team has talent. Its not a talent problem.

Personally I think he needs to fundamentally transform the way he coaches defense. These guys are just too confused to know what the hell is going on and CMA makes it worse by switching just about every pick. Saw Barford and Beard guarding bigs down low all night. Watching Beard try to rebound over a 7 footer was classic. At least he has guts.

RazorPiggie

Where are you if we don't make the NCAAT this year?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: tconey1 on November 22, 2016, 09:31:40 pm
We couldnt get out of the second round during Portis's last year with the other talent we had.  His best year at Missouri was with the other coaches players(if my memory is right). I have been a CMA guy but we dont get better either from year to year or from the beginning of the season to the end.

MA did a good job last season getting that roster to go 16-16. The guy will get his team to play basketball. Hopefully he can get Kingsley not to read the headlines and get his dog back in his game.

Kingsley  use to out work everybody but now he's trying to be a Bobby Portia clone  without Bobby Portia skill. I'm confident in MA.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 22, 2016, 09:34:55 pm
Where are you if we don't make the NCAAT this year?

MA is the coach period unless he falls off a motorcycle with his mistress.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2016, 09:37:03 pm
MA is the coach period unless he falls off a motorcycle with his mistress.

Dumb

26.2Hog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2016, 09:35:26 pm
MA did a good job last season getting that roster to go 16-16.

In year five?  Good grief.  Who recruited that roster? 

What will be a good job in year six?

RazorPiggie

MA did a good job last season getting that roster to go 16-16. The guy will get his team to play basketball. Hopefully he can get Kingsley not to read the headlines and get his dog back in his game.

Kingsley  use to out work everybody but now he's trying to be a Bobby Portia clone  without Bobby Portia skill. I'm confident in MA.

We played 3 ranked teams all last year. 3. With the current rankings we will play 2 this season. 2.

It's not like we are playing a tough schedule.

Hog Solo

Let's remember duke has a loss, Oregon has two losses.  Season is early.  Even the favorites have losses.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 22, 2016, 09:38:51 pm
In year five?  Good grief.  Who recruited that roster? 

What will be a good job in year six?

You are well aware what happened to the roster last season. In year six I'm expecting us to be in the top 3-4 of the SEC. You have to player of the year results from Moses. I would like for the offense to flow through Moses early in the game.

Knot2brite

This is the year he better win...went out and got all these JUCO all Americans and if he doesn't go to the dance...he is done in my opinion..he may still have a job but there won't be many watching or paying to come to the games. He has had plenty of time to get his guys and run his system. It is early still and there may be a gelling period with the new guys but in March if we are waiting and praying to hear our name...he is finished
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Little Lady Back

Couldn't agree more, Letsroll!!   
#NolanRichardsonCourt

26.2Hog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2016, 09:42:17 pm
You are well aware what happened to the roster last season. In year six I'm expecting us to be in the top 3-4 of the SEC. You have to player of the year results from Moses. I would like for the offense to flow through Moses early in the game.

In year six, do you think we should go deeper into the SECT? 

Letsroll1200

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 22, 2016, 09:39:43 pm
We played 3 ranked teams all last year. 3. With the current rankings we will play 2 this season. 2.

It's not like we are playing a tough schedule.

This is college basketball!! You can get beat on any given night.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2016, 09:45:34 pm

Happens a lot with MA.

dhizzle

Same crap but we have some young talent coming in over the next couple of years, so you have to keep MA around.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 22, 2016, 09:45:10 pm
In year six, do you think we should go deeper into the SECT?

I'm hopeful we get back in the championship game. Looking at the SEC so far Kentucky and Florida are the best two teams that I have seen.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 22, 2016, 09:46:28 pm
Happens a lot with MA.

That cupcake Fort Wayne is playing pretty good against a elite team in college basketball.

Knot2brite

Granted the SEC is down but it isn't like we are playing in the Big Sky, American East or the WAC conference where there is a one and done for the conference for the dance. Go 11-7 in conference and 10-3 in non conference and you can almost assure yourself of a ticket. This is one game...but it was lost the same way 97% of the games we have lost the last five years were lost...piss poor defense and non sensible offense
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BassinHawg

i think this has been said like 5 or 6 years in a row now!

Wake up and take the blinders off. It's the same crappy product no matter who his players are.

There is a reason that top recruits like Monk don't come here anymore.

Anderson is a dream killer!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

bigred223

I want to believe, but I'm not falling for it anymore.

Mr. Porkleone

Is this a joke.  1 NCAA in 5 years. Fire MA

rude1

This is year 6, he has made it to ONE NCAA tourney, it's no longer a question on whether you believe or not, it is a question of showing the results on the court. He needs to make the dance THIS year to restore any kind of faith in the direction on the program IMO.

YtownHog

Quote from: Hog Solo on November 22, 2016, 09:40:55 pm
Let's remember duke has a loss, Oregon has two losses.  Season is early.  Even the favorites have losses.

Duke lost to #7 Kansas. Yes please keep using this comparison..

daprospecta

Quote from: YtownHog on November 22, 2016, 10:26:10 pm
Duke lost to #7 Kansas. Yes please keep using this comparison..
#3 Indiana just lost to IPFW, yea, the same team we beat.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: daprospecta on November 22, 2016, 10:28:56 pm
#3 Indiana just lost to IPFW, yea, the same team we beat.
We didn't play at Fort Wayne!

hobhog

Lots of games left. He needs them....

hobhog

Should u ever be in the game?

WilsonHog

I still believe we have about 25 more games to play this season.

I still believe that Razorback basketball as we knew it from around 1976 to 2000 is dead and gone. What we have now has become the new normal.

Mike is a good man. He is not, however, in the same class as guys like Coach K, Izzo, Self, Roy Williams, and about 10 to 15 more.

He most certainly is no Nolan Richardson.

k.c.hawg

Well said. I'm with you.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 22, 2016, 11:40:45 pm
I still believe we have about 25 more games to play this season.

I still believe that Razorback basketball as we knew it from around 1976 to 2000 is dead and gone. What we have now has become the new normal.

Mike is a good man. He is not, however, in the same class as guys like Coach K, Izzo, Self, Roy Williams, and about 10 to 15 more.

He most certainly is no Nolan Richardson.

Having been a hog fan since the Lanny Van Eman day's I agree with all you said.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hobhog on November 22, 2016, 10:45:21 pm
Should u ever be in the game?

The guys didn't play their best game and there was times were their was coaching errors.

We had good Manny and bad Manny. When he's good he is good but he played like a walk on tonight. I saw some good things out of the team. I thing Barford is gaining confidence. MA is going to adjust how we play defense on the road.

Hogimus Prime

I want to believe in this team, but I can't. MA is to damn tied to this 'fastest 40 minutes'.  All it leads to now is open shots for the other team.  Needs to stop switching on evey damn screen.  Teams have picked up on this and that is what leads to driving and dishing.  This team has talent, but it is not being used right.  MA needs to change what he does.  Nothing too major. 

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 22, 2016, 11:55:06 pm
I want to believe in this team, but I can't. MA is to damn tied to this 'fastest 40 minutes'.  All it leads to now is open shots for the other team.  Needs to stop switching on evey damn screen.  Teams have picked up on this and that is what leads to driving and dishing.  This team has talent, but it is not being used right.  MA needs to change what he does.  Nothing too major. 

If things do not change there will be a lot of hard questions for him to answer.

donbro

A lot of fans are overreacting. This team is going to be really good by the end of the year. MA has to see what he has in the new guys. MA if your reading this please start Anton Beard instead of Dusty Hannah. I like the Beard Barford backcourt.  Also when CJ Jones is healthy send Macon to the bench. You will get a lot more out of Hannah and Macon if they come off the bench. Lastly tell the guards to try to establish Moses inside when they do great things happen.

jjdlc

This team has 8 new faces, 5 returning.  It's a long season, let's wait a while before we burn it to the ground.

Captain Morgan

This is a results business in college basketball.

Players, coaches and trainers may have issues but we don't have Dr. Phil on our payroll.

Time is now.

Anderson needs to win more games.  ;)

HogBreath

MA did a good job last season getting that roster to go 16-16.

Exactly...amazing job last year.  We need to be mad at Heath & Pelphrey for assembling that squad.

We just need to settle down and give Mike a few years to get his players in here.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

revolution

If the Hogs don't make the Tourney this year, Anderson has to go. No excuse for one tournament appearance in 6 years! I'm rooting for him, but last night was another embarrassing road loss that shook what little hope and faith remains.

MountieDawg

Since IPFW beat IU do you think IPFW starts getting the 4 and 5 star recruits instead of IU...  The answer is no, hell no!  Makes no sense for the Hogs not to play ASU, Little Rock, and UCA.  You would have some packed houses for non conf games.
SEC!

HotlantaHog

I believe MA will right the ship. It is just one game!

Though in the end, I agree with the critics that results have to be shown on the court.

He did do well at UAB and Mizzou, so no reason that shouldn't happen here. But still waiting for consistent results.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 22, 2016, 09:47:28 pm
I'm hopeful we get back in the championship game. Looking at the SEC so far Kentucky and Florida are the best two teams that I have seen.

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 09, 2013, 09:32:43 pm
Mike need to explain to the fans why he has been unable to win on the road. I don't want to hear the "we didn't make shots" and "we didn't rebound". I heard it last year.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Biggus Piggus

Let's not compare games against mid-majors (routinely disrespected) with games against high-majors, please. Minnesota didn't jump up and bite us. They proved they were better. We proved we were not ready.
[CENSORED]!

HF#1

I believe they will play the rest of the games.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin