Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Gregg Marshall
Greg McDermott
Mark Few
Bill Self (Longshot)
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HF#1

None of which we can get. Better go to the next tier.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

userpick

hogman99

Quote from: Hogfan991 on November 22, 2016, 08:33:22 pm
Gregg Marshall
Greg McDermott
Mark Few
Bill Self (Longshot)

How about one of their assistants?

hogsanity

MA isnt going anywhere, goota protect the - what is it - the 2018 or  2019 recruiting class
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

GoPigs69

Those kids would he crazy to come to Arkansas.  We are awful.  Poor passing.  Poor ball movement.  Horrible defense.  Just really awful basketball. 

hogman99

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2016, 08:41:52 pm
MA isnt going anywhere, goota protect the - what is it - the 2018 or  2019 recruiting class

Yeah that's it

mbgrulz

Getting outplayed tonight,  but good god you are dumb if you are firing coaches over November basketball.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2016, 08:41:52 pm

That didn't work so well for Pelphrey...

cmrhawg

Sucks, but it's time to move on. Players all change and the product stays the same.

canonhog

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 22, 2016, 08:45:07 pm
Getting outplayed tonight,  but good god you are dumb if you are firing coaches over November basketball.
Canonhog

canonhog

This November..plus all of last year
Canonhog

BassinHawg

ANYONE, No Really ANYONE.

Anderson has got to go, period!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogwood

It's a disappointing showing for sure. Not really a reason to fire CMA though. The season is pretty young. Let's see how the team responds in the next few games. If we have the same outcome vs. Texas then I will be concerned.

code red

Quote from: canonhog on November 22, 2016, 08:50:04 pm

Our nonconfernce may be our only ticket to the dance.  Considering how bad the SEC will be.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 22, 2016, 08:46:55 pm
That didn't work so well for Pelphrey...

pelphrey doesnt bring the warm fuzzies of 1994 with him.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rude1

No NCAA this season and it should be done, you can't keep a coach around based on potential recruits. Six years and one NCAA tourney bid should never be acceptable results for this program from any coach.

The_Iceman

I like Ben Jacobson from Northern Iowa.

arkfan81

Quote from: hogwood on November 22, 2016, 08:54:33 pm
It's a disappointing showing for sure. Not really a reason to fire CMA though. The season is pretty young. Let's see how the team responds in the next few games. If we have the same outcome vs. Texas then I will be concerned.

Same thing was said last season. It's time for change.
Have faith...

HF#1

Quote from: rude1 on November 22, 2016, 09:00:45 pm
No NCAA this season and it should be done, you can't keep a coach around based on potential recruits. Six years and one NCAA tourney bid should never be acceptable results for this program from any coach.

Agree.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

East Clintwood

Not November  -  2011-2012-2013-2015-2015
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RazorPiggie

Quote from: code red on November 22, 2016, 08:54:37 pm
Our nonconfernce may be our only ticket to the dance.  Considering how bad the SEC will be.

Will we play a ranked opponent beside UK this year?

Mr. Porkleone

No more excuses. 

Poor home attendance, Poor road record continues, MA style doesn't work anymore. Team not prepared. We got new bodies, but results the same.  I'm ready for change at 2.2 million per year.  He's not cutting it. 

jdlew

Same old defense...we try to double...they spread us out...shoot lay ups and open 3's...

navyhog24

6 years of the same darn offense, same darn defense, same darn rebounding and fouls, same ** road performances, same ** coaching. Different players same ** results. Something needs to change.

Hawgphish

I really want him to succeed.  But I am not encouraged by what I see.

root_hawg

elksnort

Are there really any warm seats in the University of Arkansas athletic department?

HF#1

root_hawg

Best we can get .. don't forget

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: elksnort on November 22, 2016, 09:11:13 pm
Are there really any warm seats in the University of Arkansas athletic department?
Good question. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

RazorPiggie

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on November 22, 2016, 09:00:45 pm
I agree...I don't think it will come to that but IF it does then I am ok with looking for a replacement. This team has talent. I said before the season it will take some time to come together but coming together has nothing to do with the defense we played tonight which forced us to rush on offense which led to a ton of missed layups. They baited us all night down low and we continued to miss layups.

Danny J

Quote from: jdlew on November 22, 2016, 09:10:22 pm
Same old defense...we try to double...they spread us out...shoot lay ups and open 3's...
Exactly right...they spread us out because we like to guard too tight too far from the basket. No reason to be guarding that tight 30 feet from the basket. It makes no sense.

mbgrulz

Quote from: canonhog on November 22, 2016, 08:50:30 pm
This November..plus all of last year
Plus winning 27 two years ago.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: root_hawg on November 22, 2016, 09:11:07 pm
Best we can get, here till he wants to be

First part not true.  Second part is.  And it will continue to create apathy.

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2016, 09:11:58 pm
It's NCAA Tournament or time to move on.

His ass would be blistering at this point if he was anyone else.  The danger of making a hire like this. 

Not saying he should be fired as the season has a long way to go and this schedule has a lot of wins on it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

OutlawHawg

It sucks because I can't help but get excited every year. Watched the first three games and really thought we had something with our big athletic guards.

I know it's just one game but damn looked awfully like the darn from the last few years that was explained away as "wait till Mike gets all his type players."

Also can't help but think Jimmy Whitt and Nick Babb could have been useful tonight.

Little Lady Back

This!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

26.2Hog

How many had expectations we'd beat a great big10 team on the road.  This is only year six.

We need stability more than anything!  It takes time!   A couple of more years . . .

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 22, 2016, 09:14:52 pm
First part not true.  Second part is.  And it will continue to create apathy.

His ass would be blistering at this point if he was anyone else.  The danger of making a hire like this. 

Not saying he should be fired as the season has a long way to go and this schedule has a lot of wins on it. 

some of us said getting rid of him if needed would be the biggest problem in hiring him.

Hog Solo

It's 1 loss.  There is talent and it's a bit early to write off the season.

MountieDawg

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 22, 2016, 09:14:26 pm
Plus winning 27 two years ago.

Dont forget the deep run in the NCAAT that year too! 
SEC!

mbgrulz

Quote from: arkfan81 on November 22, 2016, 09:05:07 pm
Same thing was said last season. It's time for change.
Wrong...anybody with any sense knew we would be lucky to not have a losing season. That was a terrible roster. This year, we should be better. The reality, however is that we have a lot of new pieces who we are really needing to do a lot. There was bound to be some ugly games early.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

userpick

People are saying MA will be here as long as he wants. That's incorrect. If we fail to make the NCAAT and there's only 5,000 people at games, he gone.

Razorbackers

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2016, 09:11:58 pm
It's NCAA Tournament or time to move on.

This was my mantra as the year started as well. Make the tourney and I'm fine. I'm ok with being a tourney team every other year. At least right now.

Miss it again and that's 1 NCAAT in however many damn years....its time to move on.

Atlhogfan1

Mike is who he is.  I'm amazed so many make comments like they are surprised.  "We weren't prepared and didn't scout the opponent."  No darn.  This is who he is.  It's part of it.  The Nolan philosophy of making an opponent play our game and prepare by focusing on what we want to do.  Except Nolan did plan for opponents. At least in his prime.  Mizzou fans noticed it while Mike was there. 

"We keep getting called for fouls."  Again, no darn.

"We are giving up open 3's."  No darn.

"Moses isn't playing well.  Why is he ...."  Why any big man with any ability or upside would ever sign with Anderson is beyond me.  Portis is learning the game now.  Good thing he had an unreal level of desire and a lot of talent and potential. 

"How did we not get that rebound?  We don't rebound at all."  What system did you think we were bringing here during that campaign for this hire to be made?  Do you get the trade offs in Hawg Ball now? 

"We are in season 6" Okay.  "We are in season 7"  "We are in season 8"  Nothing will change but the talent level on the court.  When it gets better, we will have more success.  And thank the state of Arkansas for maybe helping that although we have heard this one before. 

Having said this and holding back some, this season will have some success.  Well success relative to the schedule we will play which will bring a lot of wins.  Minnesota is going to be average.  But they play in a much deeper conference so it may look worse.  This program badly needs success.  It needs something because it can't getting anymore blah than it is now. 

And for anyone whining about critical posts tonight, be happy people still care enough to comment because that caring is diminishing.  When you make a coach for life hire and it doesn't work out especially to the level claimed by the group who campaigned for the hire, you are going to drive fans into apathy. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.