Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN's take on Malik Monk vs. Arkansas

Started by Biggus Piggus, November 01, 2016, 01:59:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

redleg

The whole "If you're a one and done you must go to Kentucky" thing is a myth propagated by UK and Calipari. Ben Simmons proved that last year. He went to LSU, but those NBA scouts still found him, didn't they? Malik Monk and Archie Goodwin are, as far as basketball fandom goes, dead in Arkansas. No one talks about them, no one cares what they do or how well they are playing. They might as well buy homes in Kentucky to retire to, because they won't be getting jobs over former Razorbacks, and none of the fans here will want much to do with them. It's silly, but it's the truth.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hawg Red

Quote from: redleg on November 07, 2016, 10:36:51 am
The whole "If you're a one and done you must go to Kentucky" thing is a myth propagated by UK and Calipari. Ben Simmons proved that last year. He went to LSU, but those NBA scouts still found him, didn't they? Malik Monk and Archie Goodwin are, as far as basketball fandom goes, dead in Arkansas. No one talks about them, no one cares what they do or how well they are playing. They might as well buy homes in Kentucky to retire to, because they won't be getting jobs over former Razorbacks, and none of the fans here will want much to do with them. It's silly, but it's the truth.
:razorback:

The players and most fans don't believe that, though. It's more a status symbol at this point. UK is now associated with top tier talent. Like Alabama in football. Everyone knows there are talented players at other programs, but UK in basketball and Bama in football get the most press and hype. The kids love that crap. Calipari is also probably the only coach that does even attempt to sell them on anything academically.

Obviously most #1 overall picks do not come from UK. Only 3/7 #1 overall picks have come from Kentucky in Calipari's time there. (I know, "only.") The thing that Kentucky offers that even the other top programs can't is an unrivaled level of exposure. Does that really help anything from a basketball perspective? Not at all. Scouts already knew about these kids. But playing at Kentucky puts their names in more households and that's what the kids care about today more than anything. They want the attention of being the best without having to actually earn it and that's what Kentucky symbolizes. All that talent and just 1 national championship. (Again, I know, "just" 1.) Calipari sells them on an NBA-like approach and the ability to team with other stud players. These kids already think they're God's gift to basketball.

HF#1

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 01, 2016, 11:52:38 pm
He, and especially his bro, are still traitors in my book.  Marcus selfishly pushing him to UK to try to further his new agent career is turrible.

Essentially, this is the problem. Had Malik gone to KY on his own, whatever.  But the fact that his closest family member pushed him there with hopes of furthering his own ambitions while being a former razorback is especially jilting.  I don't wish the kid any ill will, but I hope we play our best defensive game against him and Kentucky. Hope we are more physical than normal.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hogwood on November 01, 2016, 06:32:47 pm
If Monk was here this year we'd all be saying how he's the next Russell Westbrook or something. Now he's going to flame out as a late 1st rounder? Sounds jaded to me.

He made a bad decision IMO. He could have a unique legend here at Arkansas but instead will just be another platoon one and done player for the blue bloods. Plus he has completely alienated his home. And that won't soon change.

We would? I dont think he can change the course of the game like Westbrook...is Monk a good facilitator at the point? Can he play defense? I dont think going to UK and honing your talents for a year or two will afford you much of anything on the next level.

So to me his biggest mistake will be "business" wise...dont care where you are from or where you went to school. The NBA does not OWE you a living...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hoboco

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChicoHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 02, 2016, 10:09:04 pm
The difference between Monk and Westbrook (and it is a huge difference) is that Westbrook was coached by Howland.  Monk is getting coached by the mediocre coaching of Calipari. 

Calipari couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.
Are you high?  Calipari is a really good defensive coach.  His guys play tough man to man, rebound well and for a bunch of highly regarded recruits he usually gets them to play as a team.  Not an easy thing to do with so many guys who always want the ball.  I'm not a big fan of his offense but he gets after them on defense.  I'm not a Calipari or a UK fan by any means but the man is a good coach. 

Biggus Piggus

Kentucky's defensive efficiency ratings from Pomeroy, past five seasons:

2015-16 - 39th
2014-15 - 1st
2013-14 - 32nd
2012-13 - 90th
2011-12 - 8th

I'd say his team's performances are correlated highly with the caliber of big men he recruits.

That 2012-13 team relied on Kyle Wiltjer and Alex Poythress, with some minutes for freshmen Willie Cauley-Stein and Nerlens Noel. WCS was a much better defender in later years.

If Kentucky can throw a bunch of athletic 7-footers out there, their defensive numbers are going to be very good. This year's group, we'll see. Not quite the height and wingspan of their previous best. This is more of a guard-led team.
[CENSORED]!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 11, 2016, 10:55:11 am
Kentucky's defensive efficiency ratings from Pomeroy, past five seasons:

2015-16 - 39th
2014-15 - 1st
2013-14 - 32nd
2012-13 - 90th
2011-12 - 8th

I'd say his team's performances are correlated highly with the caliber of big men he recruits.

That 2012-13 team relied on Kyle Wiltjer and Alex Poythress, with some minutes for freshmen Willie Cauley-Stein and Nerlens Noel. WCS was a much better defender in later years.

If Kentucky can throw a bunch of athletic 7-footers out there, their defensive numbers are going to be very good. This year's group, we'll see. Not quite the height and wingspan of their previous best. This is more of a guard-led team.
They're a big team thats for sure. They started 3 6'10 players in the 14-15 season.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 01, 2016, 04:49:37 pm
I understand Malik's choice.  Business decision. 

I think what Medcalf left out especially when he decided to quote Irwin is Marcus' actions before The Decision and his asking for support and getting it from Hog supporters for his AAU ventures.
This is the issue, he used folks by misleading them then went big blue...

JIHawg

Stats tonight vs SFA

M. Monk G 20 min   4-14 1-1 1-6 tps   0-0 1R 1A 1S 1 3PF  10TP

HogFanDan

With so much help from the big blue nation, one has to wonder how Antoine Walker ended up in the situation he did despite being on one of their title teams.

SemperFi

Calipari cannot coach! He has to field a talent superior team to beat you and if he has to rely on coaching to win then Kentucky will lose like they did to Wisky in 2015. The moment that the NCAA has had enough of his lying and cheating ways the better it will be for college basketball.

The Monks are dead to me and I will not soon forget their deceit. Blast me if you want to, but we all know why he went there and how he got there $$$$$$
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

root_hawg

So tonight he puts up 23 against Mich St on national tv, he plays ona team that plays I believe 7 ranked teams in the nonconference, all on nat tv.  He comes to Ark, he plays IUPUI or something like that, plays 0 teams currently ranked and in peactice against aome of the best athletes in the country.  Does it help his NBA draft, I dont know but it has to be better playing the better teams in the country on national tv with elite athletes than avg to better players against a bunch of mid majors and cupcakes. IMO

k.c.hawg

November 15, 2016, 09:22:58 pm #115 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:49:46 pm by k.c.hawg
Quote from: root_hawg on November 15, 2016, 09:09:39 pm
So tonight he puts up 23 against Mich St on national tv, he plays ona team that plays I believe 7 ranked teams in the nonconference, all on nat tv.  He comes to Ark, he plays IUPUI or something like that, plays 0 teams currently ranked and in peactice against aome of the best athletes in the country.  Does it help his NBA draft, I dont know but it has to be better playing the better teams in the country on national tv with elite athletes than avg to better players against a bunch of mid majors and cupcakes. IMO

Arkansas wasn't playing elite teams at other points when Arkansas kids chose to come there and make it happen for those that follow. Arkansas basketball was unheard of when Moncrief, Delph and Brewer took a leap of faith. I hold no ill will against the kid. He was 17, 18 years old and had adults making decisions for him. He will play one year at Kentucky and just be one of the dozens of one and dones that a fan base cannot even relate to. I can look at a Chicago boxscore every night and hope Bobby Portis is getting more playing time. That is an Arkansas kid that came to Arkansas when we were down and out, played his guts out for the Hogs, helps finance an AAU program and blows the Hogs up on social media. I hope he goes back to Arkansas after retirement and makes $200 million selling cars, owning restaurants whatever his dreams may be. Joe Johnson didn't need to be a Kentucky Wildcat to make $180 million. In fact I'd pretty much bet there has never been a Kentucky Wildcat make close to what Joe Johnson has made. So, in the big picture it doesn't matter to me either way, they say it's a business decision, I hope business ends up good for them in Kentucky.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: root_hawg on November 15, 2016, 09:09:39 pm

If nothing else, at least he gets to experience matchups and events like tonight. I think that is the point you are making.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawg Red

Whether he goes to Kentucky or Arkansas or wherever, the problem is still the same. Just like Archie, he has pre-determined that he will play one year in college. That's a mistake because he has a lot to work on. Anyone who has seen him play knows he can have games like he had last night. He can get hot. And if he were 6'6+, that might be enough for him to go pro and stick. Unlike Archie, Malik will be drafted fairly early (probably in the teens). No debate there. But does he have the playmaking ability he'll need at 6'3 to stick in the NBA? I did see some national folks praise his defense last night, and that has not been a strength.

The_Iceman

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 15, 2016, 09:22:58 pm
Arkansas wasn't playing elite teams at other points when Arkansas kids chose to come there and make it happen for those that follow. Arkansas basketball was unheard of when Moncrief, Delph and Brewer took a leap of faith. I hold no ill will against the kid. He was 17, 18 years old and had adults making decisions for him. He will play one year at Kentucky and just be one of the dozens of one and dones that a fan base cannot even relate to. I can look at a Chicago boxscore every night and hope Bobby Portis is getting more playing time. That is an Arkansas kid that came to Arkansas when we were down and out, played his guts out for the Hogs, helps finance an AAU program and blows the Hogs up on social media. I hope he goes back to Arkansas after retirement and makes $200 million selling cars, owning restaurants whatever his dreams may be. Joe Johnson didn't need to be a Kentucky Wildcat to make $180 million. In fact I'd pretty much bet there has never been a Kentucky Wildcat make close to what Joe Johnson has made. So, in the big picture it doesn't matter to me either way, they say it's a business decision, I hope business ends up good for them in Kentucky.

Anthony Davis, John Wall, and Demarcus Cousins will all make close to Joe Johnson money before they are retired.

I understand the stay at home argument. I would if it were me. But the argument that our program is comparable to UK right now is crazy. They are the highest profile team in CBB. Someone above said that they've only had 3 of the last 7 top picks. What school has had more? Drake hangs out in the UK locker room. Do you think 18 year olds don't care about that? What about getting to know Worldside Wes. Do you think an 18 year old cares about that?

Losing Monk hurt, we can't pretend it didn't. We can recover, but it hurt. Imagine if McFadden had gone to Bama. That would have hurt.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 16, 2016, 06:17:51 am
Anthony Davis, John Wall, and Demarcus Cousins will all make close to Joe Johnson money before they are retired.

Right but more money in the game (which was true of Joe compared to some like, say, Mitch Richmond at the time of Joe getting paid). But I would imagine if you equated all the money, Anthony Davis and Cousins would definitely still end up making more. Maybe Wall, too, but that one would be closer.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2016, 07:54:59 am
I understand the stay at home argument. I would if it were me. But the argument that our program is comparable to UK right now is crazy. They are the highest profile team in CBB. Someone above said that they've only had 3 of the last 7 top picks. What school has had more? Drake hangs out in the UK locker room. Do you think 18 year olds don't care about that? What about getting to know Worldside Wes. Do you think an 18 year old cares about that?

Losing Monk hurt, we can't pretend it didn't. We can recover, but it hurt. Imagine if McFadden had gone to Bama. That would have hurt.

Have I missed something?

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 16, 2016, 08:25:21 am
Have I missed something?
Apparently the entire thread. The whole point has been that Monk can do everything at Arkansas that he could do at Kentucky. Sadly not true right now.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2016, 09:20:20 am
Apparently the entire thread. The whole point has been that Monk can do everything at Arkansas that he could do at Kentucky. Sadly not true right now.

That wasn't my point at all. My point was any high level Arkansas recruit never had any assurance that they "could do" at Arkansas what they could do at the highest profile basketball schools, yet many have chosen to be Razorbacks. And that is the reason I don't care that he is not here. It has always been a considerably different experience to be a basketball player at Kentucky, Duke, N Carolina, Indiana, Kansas. Basketball has always been king there, football never gets in the way. Plain and simple with me, if a kid doesn't want to be a Razorback, I want no part of him. If a kid wants to experience hip hop artists in the locker room, go where you get that experience. Kentucky's schedule is certainly better this year. The fact that Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and MSU all got together and drew up a plan to have a Champions Classic in the Garden every year is brilliant and could only be pulled off by 5 or 6 programs. The fact that kentucky and Kansas have high end condo buildings with $1m+ unit costs for their basketball players is one hell of a draw. What kid wouldn't want to live in that??? Can a kid go play at Arkansas and get drafted as high as a Kentucky player, absolutely. Have some players at Kentucky been overdrafted a little because of being at Kentucky I think to some degree, yes. So it might make good business sense, especially for a guy who might only sign one contract to go where he might get overdrafted from.  Mike is recruiting well right now and I'll take what we've got and what we are getting and will never think "what if" about Monk. Just my personal feelings.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2016, 09:20:20 am

No one is questioning the extracurriculars (which is all your argument really is). No one has made the argument that he would receive equal exposure by going to Arkansas. You made that part up, which is why I asked if I missed something. People think he would still be projected as a high draft pick, yes. Why wouldn't he? People still probably think he'd be on SportsCenter with dunks. Why wouldn't they? We saw it with Qualls.

It seems that the position of most in this thread is that Monk didn't need Kentucky to make it to the NBA. That is true. No one has said Monk could hang out with Drake in Fayetteville or rub elbows with WWW. We all know that's a Kentucky exclusive. In fact, I haven't seen a single person even come close to insinuating that the Arkansas program is comparable to Kentucky's.

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 16, 2016, 10:12:37 am
No one is questioning the extracurriculars (which is all your argument really is). No one has made the argument that he would receive equal exposure by going to Arkansas. You made that part up, which is why I asked if I missed something. People think he would still be projected as a high draft pick, yes. Why wouldn't he? People still probably think he'd be on SportsCenter with dunks. Why wouldn't they? We saw it with Qualls.

It seems that the position of most in this thread is that Monk didn't need Kentucky to make it to the NBA. That is true. No one has said Monk could hang out with Drake in Fayetteville or rub elbows with WWW. We all know that's a Kentucky exclusive. In fact, I haven't seen a single person even come close to insinuating that the Arkansas program is comparable to Kentucky's.
Going to the Final Four and playing every game on national TV is more than extracurriculars.  But the extra stuff is huge in recruiting. Why does Arkansas wear gray uniforms in football once a year? Because the "recruits like it." Why have a practice facility, the recruits like it.  We want the same results as UK but don't offer the same extras.

I do agree you can get to the league just as well at Arkansas as you can Kentucky. But sadly we don't have all the extra things that go into being one of the top programs.  The most common theme on this board is why can't we get back to the glory days, and these are the reasons why.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2016, 10:18:27 am
Going to the Final Four and playing every game on national TV is more than extracurriculars.  But the extra stuff is huge in recruiting. Why does Arkansas wear gray uniforms in football once a year? Because the "recruits like it." Why have a practice facility, the recruits like it.  We want the same results as UK but don't offer the same extras.

I do agree you can get to the league just as well at Arkansas as you can Kentucky. But sadly we don't have all the extra things that go into being one of the top programs.  The most common theme on this board is why can't we get back to the glory days, and these are the reasons why.

No disagreement.

Makes appreciate kids like Portis and these Hawks even more.

cityhog

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 16, 2016, 10:28:00 am
No disagreement.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 16, 2016, 10:28:00 am
No disagreement.

Very true.

niels_boar

Calipari publicly called Goodwin uncoachable. He still went in the first round.   Simmons' one year in college couldn't have gone much worse without a major injury.  He was still taken #1.  It's silly to pretend that seven or eight months of limited practice on a college campus is having much impact on where these kids are being drafted after scouts have watched them for several seasons. 

UK's best argument is that you can hide your faults due to the talent around you, but that doesn't hold up in any number of examples like the Harrison twins.  Devin Booker probably hurt his draft status by coming off the bench on a super team.  If they redrafted the 2015 class, he would go in the top 5.  He may have hurt himself by not being showcased on a lesser team.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: cityhog on November 16, 2016, 10:34:02 am
Winning. Cures. Everything.

Yep.  And it takes more just any run-of-the-mill coach to pull that off.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: niels_boar on November 16, 2016, 12:16:19 pm
Devin Booker probably hurt his draft status by coming off the bench on a super team.  If they redrafted the 2015 class, he would go in the top 5.  He may have hurt himself by not being showcased on a lesser team.

That is the kind of stuff that recruiters should use against Kentucky.
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

Bill Simmons Showtime piece on Ben's season at LSU is somewhat interesting.  IMO, he and his mother did a lot of whining and he needs to mature.  Also perhaps why these one and dones should consider programs who are used to having them. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Hogfather

Calipari publicly called Goodwin uncoachable. He still went in the first round.   Simmons' one year in college couldn't have gone much worse without a major injury.  He was still taken #1.  It's silly to pretend that seven or eight months of limited practice on a college campus is having much impact on where these kids are being drafted after scouts have watched them for several seasons. 

UK's best argument is that you can hide your faults due to the talent around you, but that doesn't hold up in any number of examples like the Harrison twins.  Devin Booker probably hurt his draft status by coming off the bench on a super team.  If they redrafted the 2015 class, he would go in the top 5.  He may have hurt himself by not being showcased on a lesser team.

Great post!

FineAsSwine

Excellent observations.

pfrg999

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on November 01, 2016, 04:13:11 pm
I don't post much anymore but this article... it's a damn shame Kentucky doesn't come here this year... oh, and how are things working our for Mr. Goodwin these days?

See for yourself - Bench Player

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2991281/archie-goodwin 7.5ppg 12.5 mpg

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/archie-goodwin-13342/
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HawgnCorona

That snake oil Calipari is selling must be very strong...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Beaverfever

Quote from: hogsfan31 on November 02, 2016, 09:30:59 am
What's a shame is that Arkansas basketball isn't yet at the level it needs to be in order for us to keep in state takent like Monk from going to Kentucky.

We've been there before, haven't been there in a long time, but maybe we're on the road to getting back there.
I doubt it but I hope so too.

MountieDawg

It's know that Cal tells players UK is not for everyone and there is no hiding at U.K. The cameras are always on and they are covered more than any other basketball team. It is definitely not a place to hide. Unlike here, they have reporters hoping to find the flaw, not cover it up or make an excuse for it.
SEC!

lefty08

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 18, 2016, 06:00:07 am
It's know that Cal tells players UK is not for everyone and there is no hiding at U.K. The cameras are always on and they are covered more than any other basketball team. It is definitely not a place to hide. Unlike here, they have reporters hoping to find the flaw, not cover it up or make an excuse for it.

I read a lot of your posts here and I've got a question. We're you a Kentucky fan before Cailpari, or are you just a fan of his? It might help me understand some of your posts a little better.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MountieDawg

I h
Quote from: lefty08 on November 18, 2016, 06:46:44 am
I read a lot of your posts here and I've got a question. We're you a Kentucky fan before Cailpari, or are you just a fan of his? It might help me understand some of your posts a little better.

I have been a fan since birth, my dad grew up in Kentucky and I went to multiple Joe B Hall basketball camps at UK.  I have liked all the Kentucky coaches except Billie Gillespie who was overwhelmed by the job to coach at UK. Tubby was a great person but was one of the worst recruiters next to BG.  I loved what Pitino did at UK but going to Louisville and what he has become makes me sick to my stomach. I follow Kentucky basketball news everyday and its much easier to come by than Arkansas basketball news.  If it wasn't for Hogville I am not sure how you could keep up with Razorback basketball.
Kentucky basketball is like no other as far as fan support all over the world and the scrutiny over the program. I have been impressed with the character of the kids Cal has brought to Kentucky.  Not any off court trouble with super high profile players who have been catered to most of their life. 
SEC!

clutch

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2016, 09:28:05 am
Yep.  Monk is beyond elite and will be a star at the college and NBA levels, in my opinion.  I really, really hate that his brother helped steer him to Kentucky in an effort to further his new career.  He really could've helped turn the Hogs around.

Out of all of this, what I hate the most is that there is the misconception that Marcus steered him towards Kentucky. I know for a fact that it really isn't true. Malik has had his eye on Kentucky the whole time, his mother is a huge Calipari fan, and he was more than likely headed there anyways. Marcus let them blame him last year to try to shield Malik from some of the heat. In reality, he was actually the only one that wanted Malik to come to Arkansas. He just didn't want to influence Maliks decision either way. So he stayed out of it and let him choose the school he felt the best about.

He didn't really try to lead Arkansas on. Arkansas was a very close 2nd to Kentucky. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do for a long time. He actually could have strung Arkansas along longer than he did, but once he knew for sure what he wanted to do he decided to go ahead and commit instead of waiting around any longer so that Coach Anderson and his staff could move on from him.

The Hogfather

Quote from: clutch on November 18, 2016, 01:08:44 pm
Out of all of this, what I hate the most is that there is the misconception that Marcus steered him towards Kentucky. I know for a fact that it really isn't true. Malik has had his eye on Kentucky the whole time, his mother is a huge Calipari fan, and he was more than likely headed there anyways. Marcus let them blame him last year to try to shield Malik from some of the heat. In reality, he was actually the only one that wanted Malik to come to Arkansas. He just didn't want to influence Maliks decision either way. So he stayed out of it and let him choose the school he felt the best about.

He didn't really try to lead Arkansas on. Arkansas was a very close 2nd to Kentucky. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do for a long time. He actually could have strung Arkansas along longer than he did, but once he knew for sure what he wanted to do he decided to go ahead and commit instead of waiting around any longer so that Coach Anderson and his staff could move on from him.

Ok.   ;)

trashcan maN

He's more Jamal Crawford than Westbrook to me.

k.c.hawg

WorfHog

November 19, 2016, 12:52:00 am #146 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:26:32 pm by WorfHog

Yeah which explains why Marcus is desperate to become an agent. CMA ain't gonna help him with that, but slimey Cal. That's your guy. Cal's so hooked into that scene he might as well get the commission himself. It's sick and if the NCAA had balls they'd ban him from the college game permanently.

Mike gave Marcus the chance to have a real career and that family took what he gave them then spit in his face. It's not good enough that Kentucky signed Monk, but the national media is on the war path to bash our program on top of it. Yeah AP and ESPN we haven't hired a complete slimeball like Cal. Why not mention his history with the NCAA in every segment? Oh yeah becasue that would make it apparent to everyone that your main product is led by a cheater. The only thing he learned from the UMass incident is how to cover his tracks. Cal is Nixon with a blue tie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Calipari#Controversies

The Monk family is dead to me and they should be dead to all of Arkansas.

azhog10

LMAO. Not even close to the truth.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: mrp on November 22, 2016, 11:35:28 pm
Ask yourself why the hell would Monk go to Fayetteville?

No reason whatsoever. Go where the superstars go.

That's where dbag fans should go as well. Maybe you could do something to make him feel real good.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mrp on November 22, 2016, 11:35:28 pm
Ask yourself why the hell would Monk go to Fayetteville?

No reason whatsoever. Go where the superstars go.

🙄