Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long

Started by razorbackfaninar, November 09, 2017, 04:47:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Lanny, do you believe me now?  Hogville = Trollville.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 07:40:34 pm
There are many GREAT people in Arkansas who fit that description.  Simple, trusting, and naive.  I love them all.   I am NOT one of them - when it comes to inabliity to defend a position in writing.  Maybe someday I'll be as GOOD a person as they are, but you will never be.  Try again, paid Troll.  You have bitten more than you will ever be able to chew.

And should you not be helping your boss pack his bags?

You really need to calm the frick down. Nobody is paid to support long. That's ridiculous. I'm glad him and bielema are leaving but I've heard enough of your garbage. Not being hellbent on burning Long at the stake does not equate to being a Long supporter.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 09, 2017, 08:36:35 pm
You really need to calm the frick down. Nobody is paid to support long. That's ridiculous. I'm glad him and bielema are leaving but I've heard enough of your garbage. Not being hellbent on burning Long at the stake does not equate to being a Long supporter.
amen
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 06:32:32 pm
A carpetbagger is a con man who pretends to be an expert and tries to sell BS to gullible people.   Sound familiar?    "Long on Integrity"  "Professional Athletic Director."    LOL   Horse Dung.   The man doesn't know his butt from a bomb crater, but he's a great salesman.   He sure suckered the UofA.
you without a doubt,  must be a freakin idiot..... 

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:32:19 pm
I'll be there.  Do you mind if I show up on a bulldozer?
A real bulldozer?  Yeah, that would be cool!
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

East Clintwood

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 09, 2017, 04:47:31 pm
I may get run off of this board for this, but I have asked in a few different threads and haven't gotten a good answer.  I am still not clear on why we are so hot to fire Jeff Long.  What is it exactly that he is to have done that we want him fired for?  From what I can tell other than the football hire which hasn't worked out, he has done a pretty decent job.  Is there some legitimate reason for wanting him gone this bad that I am missing? I'm not trolling, I just legitimately don't get the seething hatred for Jeff Long. I was talking to some folks at work today and they were saying if it was one or the other they'd rather fire Jeff Long and keep Bielema? I asked why and the only answer I got was that he was arrogant and (actual quote) " had ruined the university and run it directly into the ground"

To save some time I already know he fired Bobby Petrino.  I know about the Pepsi contract. I know how bad the football program is right now.  I know that we are in the middle of an expensive stadium upgrade. I know about the Jimmy Dykes hire. I know Jeff Long is not from Arkansas, or even the south (gasp)  Are these the reasons that people are filled with righteous hate for Long or is there something else that I am unaware of or have misunderstood, because I am looking at those things and I don't get the "Jeff long has to go now" stance.  Also to save time, I don't work for Jeff Long, I don't work for the University, i'm just a regular fan who feel like I have somehow gone nuts because everyone is so sure of something and I don't get it at all.

This has been explained many, many times before.  You haven't tried very hard to find answers if you've overlooked the threads with this answered.  I've partially answered it at least 10 times over the last few months myself. I'll answer it again but I'm not much of a typist and I'll skip over parts of if for brevity.

John White, as chancellor of the UofA, thought that the athletic department had too much power and importance at the university.  He had clashed many times with Frank Broyles and at one time tried to oust him but was thwarted by the GOBN and political forces.

With Broyles retiring, White sought to replace him with someone that shared his beliefs on the place of athletics in the university structure.  He found his guy at the University of Pittsburgh.  Jeff long had been their AD for 6 years and his head coach hire, Dave Wannstedt, was turning this previously successful football program into a cellar dweller (sound familiar?).  Long was facing a lot of controversy at Pitt over his handling of the department and was looking to get of ottown.

White hired Long with the instructions that he was to separate the GOBN from having any influence over the athletic department (not necessarily a bad thing but he went too far) and to cut the power athletics had and the importance placed upon the various teams, especially football and basketball at the UofA.   Long shared these beliefs and set about to remove the GOBN and the foundation from any power and redirect the focus of the athletic department.  White is long gone from power but, as none of his replacements has redirected his direction, Long has continued his mission.

Long's record of coaching hires (or attempted hires) basically sucks:

At Pitt, Wannstedt – failure
   Grobe – hired but changed his mind
   Bowden – turned down the job
   Petrino – he pursued the job with JJones help and JL hired him but fired him when he got
                           the chance.  Definitely Long's only successful hire but again, he fired him.
   Smith – not a lot of choices here but about the worst of the choices
   Beilema – looked good on the surface but to anyone that really looked into the background and
                             tried to project Bert's system into the Razorback situation, it was pretty much
                             doomed before is began.
   Dykes – really off the wall choice and very few thought it could work at all
   Anderson – the jury's still out on this one but I don't give Long credit or blame here as there
                       was just too much pressure from too many people to make this hire.
   I won't list any other sport's coaches because I don't follow those sports.

The single most important damage that Jeff Long has done the the sports programs at Arkansas though is the culture change that he has fostered on the department.  That is, that winning is not important.  I don't think he necessarily has anything against winning but it's far down list list of priorities and he's now going to lose any sleep over it if we don't win.

Again, I've left out a lot but it's all been posted before.  Search for it.

Fire Jeff Long and let us try and return to winning again.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

PharmacistHog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 09, 2017, 08:48:18 pm

This has been explained many, many times before.  You haven't tried very hard to find answers if you've overlooked the threads with this answered.  I've partially answered it at least 10 times over the last few months myself. I'll answer it again but I'm not much of a typist and I'll skip over parts of if for brevity.

John White, as chancellor of the UofA, thought that the athletic department had too much power and importance at the university.  He had clashed many times with Frank Broyles and at one time tried to oust him but was thwarted by the GOBN and political forces.

With Broyles retiring, White sought to replace him with someone that shared his beliefs on the place of athletics in the university structure.  He found his guy at the University of Pittsburgh.  Jeff long had been their AD for 6 years and his head coach hire, Dave Wannstedt, was turning this previously successful football program into a cellar dweller (sound familiar?).  Long was facing a lot of controversy at Pitt over his handling of the department and was looking to get of ottown.

White hired Long with the instructions that he was to separate the GOBN from having any influence over the athletic department (not necessarily a bad thing but he went too far) and to cut the power athletics had and the importance placed upon the various teams, especially football and basketball at the UofA.   Long shared these beliefs and set about to remove the GOBN and the foundation from any power and redirect the focus of the athletic department.  White is long gone from power but, as none of his replacements has redirected his direction, Long has continued his mission.

Petrino – he pursued the job with JJones help and JL hired him but fired him when he got
   Beilema – looked good on the surface but to anyone that really looked into the background and
                             doomed before is began.
   Anderson – the jury's still out on this one but I don't give Long credit or blame here as there

The single most important damage that Jeff Long has done the the sports programs at Arkansas though is the culture change that he has fostered on the department.  That is, that winning is not important.  I don't think he necessarily has anything against winning but it's far down list list of priorities and he's now going to lose any sleep over it if we don't win.

Longs gonna leave but not for any of that stuff.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

East Clintwood

Quote from: cram224 on November 09, 2017, 08:10:59 pm
How do you know that?

Because I've looked up and read the contracts online.  All you have to do is google "Beilema contract" or search for one of the many news articles explaining the terms.

swineology

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:35:49 pm
Lanny, do you believe me now?  Hogville = Trollville.

Where did our AD Jeff Long touch you?

potus

Right after Jeff Long was hired he told Chuck Dicus to start making an appointment when he wanted to see him.  Discus was the wide receiver on the 1969 Arkansas team that played Texas in the game of the century. He was a two time first team all American and President Nixon sought him out in the dressing room after the game and compared him to Lance Alworth.  Dicus is simply an Arkansas legend that has also been faithful to his alma mater.  After that action Long put himself in a position where he couldn't make a mistake the rest of his career at Arkansas.

Hogvillage Idiot

doomed before is began.

Thank you.   This is about the most fair and just assessment of the situation that I have seen on this board.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

PorkRinds

Quote from: potus on November 09, 2017, 08:53:23 pm
Right after Jeff Long was hired he told Chuck Dicus to start making an appointment when he wanted to see him.  Discus was the wide receiver on the 1969 Arkansas team that played Texas in the game of the century. He was a two time first team all American and President Nixon sought him out in the dressing room after the game and compared him to Lance Alworth.  Dicus is simply an Arkansas legend that has also been faithful to his alma mater.  After that action Long put himself in a position where he couldn't make a mistake the rest of his career at Arkansas.

Why should anyone be able to talk to the AD any time they feel like it?

cram224

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 09, 2017, 08:53:02 pm

Because I've looked up and read the contracts online.  All you have to do is google "Beilema contract" or search for one of the many news articles explaining the terms.
You maybe able to look at his contract with the state. However most of CBB salary is paid by the Razorback Foundation and is not part of FOIA. I doubt that the Foundation has released his contract.

Three and Snout

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 08:57:31 pm

Don't worry about him.  He has very few poasts, so he's obviously a paid Jeff Long troll minion... ::)

East Clintwood

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 09, 2017, 08:50:17 pm
Longs gonna leave but not for any of that stuff.

I don't care why he leaves just as long as he leaves.

I'm not out for a pound of flesh or anything like that, I just want to see the Razorbacks be successful.  And he needs to go for that to happen.

East Clintwood

Quote from: cram224 on November 09, 2017, 08:59:28 pm
You maybe able to look at his contract with the state. However most of CBB salary is paid by the Razorback Foundation and is not part of FOIA. I doubt that the Foundation has released his contract.

Go read the contracts.  They are with the UofA, not the foundation.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 09, 2017, 09:02:16 pm
I don't care why he leaves just as long as he leaves.

I'm not out for a pound of flesh or anything like that, I just want to see the Razorbacks be successful.  And he needs to go for that to happen.

Kinda where I'm at I think. Bielema HAS to go. I won't throw a fit if Long manages to hang around but I'd prefer he go as well.
Millennials suck...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:56:17 pm
Yes.  I pushed a spotlighters truck into a tree Saturday night with it.  Bet.  Get one.  Its worth the money.

Admins:  If you don't really want to learn the truth, fine by me.  Enjoy, and Cheers! 

If you believe the "truth" is that there are posters here that are paid to defend Long, I just feel sorry for you.
Millennials suck...

BR

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 08:56:17 pm
Yes.  I pushed a spotlighters truck into a tree Saturday night with it.  Bet.  Get one.  Its worth the money.

Admins:  If you don't really want to learn the truth, fine by me.  Enjoy, and Cheers! 
lol... getting deep now

jabberjawls

Dude, he didn't say "anyone".   

potus

Whether you agree or disagree on the appointment issue is another debate.  Last year Senator Pryor, Johnny Tyson and Kanester Hodges very politely ask Jeff to wait on the stadium expansion. Long pushed forward despite their concerns. They were not saying no never but rather not right now.  All I am saying is when you push forward like he has you take a chance of burning bridges.  As long as you are right most of the time it doesn't matter. Make a few mistakes and there is usually hell to pay!

EastexHawg

In addition to being one of the greatest players in Arkansas history and a member of the College Football Hall of Fame, Chuck Dicus was President of the Razorback Foundation.  You know, the foundation that pays the majority of the salaries of the most highly paid employees of the athletic department.

There will be few tears shed for Long when he hits the road.

cram224

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 09, 2017, 09:05:04 pm
Go read the contracts.  They are with the UofA, not the foundation.
$250,000 is the max you can receive from the state. The UofA is considered part of the state budget. I will assure you the UofA doesn't have 5 million xtra dollars for a football coach.

snoblind

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 09, 2017, 08:36:35 pm
You really need to calm the frick down. Nobody is paid to support long. That’s ridiculous. I’m glad him and bielema are leaving but I’ve heard enough of your garbage. Not being hellbent on burning Long at the stake does not equate to being a Long supporter.

Amen.

East Clintwood

Quote from: cram224 on November 09, 2017, 09:27:51 pm
$250,000 is the max you can receive from the state. The UofA is considered part of the state budget. I will assure you the UofA doesn't have 5 million xtra dollars for a football coach.

Go read the #^#&$^*$ contract.

cram224

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 09, 2017, 09:32:28 pm

Go read the #^#&$^*$ contract.
I have. I guess in your thinking any buyout would have to be approved by the state leg.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 05:00:52 pm
non slave state is a dumb ass statement.. COME ON MAN..

other people visit this site.. STAY CLASSY

The day Long was hired some people here called him a "Carpetbagger" so there is some truth to what he is saying.

oldhog63

Quote from: hog911 on November 09, 2017, 06:03:14 pm
An AD that claims "we are not a win at all cost program" should immediately be fired! It's his job to care about winning!
That is what turned it for me. I was fairly neutral / fence sitting with Long until that speech. I sure wasn't happy with the state of the football program, but thought it was mostly a coaching problem. After that speech it seemed to me it was as much an administration problem as a coaching problem. I lost all confidence that he was capable of managing a P5 program. There seems to no sense of urgency. As someone said "he is fiddling while Rome is burning ".

Ugly Uncle

Unless you have been caught up in the Jeff Long machine...

Unless you have personally dealt with his arrogance...

Unless you have seen how much he truly lacks integrity...

Then you just don't know the reason why so many will be glad to see him gone.
Retired Radio Host

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 09, 2017, 10:01:13 pm

Ummmm.....

Did you just bring the wood?

PRJ

jkstock04

Quote from: Three and Snout on November 09, 2017, 08:00:53 pm
They were given out.
I saw the "integrity matters" shirts on display and for sale just a couple of weeks back at the Hog merchandise store next to Whole Foods.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Paulsooie

I seem to remember when we hired John L Smith that Phil Fulmer had volunteered to come and help out for a short contract.  At the time the idea gave me the dry heaves, but in hindsight...
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

jkstock04

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 07:34:41 pm
Let me tell you something else:  These Jeff Long Minion Trolls KNOW that their boss is a fraud.  They are paid propagandists, and they have done their job well, for years.

Word to the wise.
Naahhh. That's probably happened before...but most of these regulars that chest thump to this Jeff Long limp wristed culture are progressive liberals that love to see the program burn to the ground in the name of progressiveness.

More specifically, in this case winning doesn't matter, it's "secondary"...we do things "the right way" and have pity on programs like Alabama who take winning so seriously. The "student athlete" and academia are all that is important and easily trump whatever the scoreboard says on Saturdays. People that want to see the program win a lot of games are simple half-wits.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

snoblind

Quote from: cram224 on November 09, 2017, 09:41:44 pm
I have. I guess in your thinking any buyout would have to be approved by the state leg.

Foundation pays, BOT approves/disapproves if chancellor puts it forward.

snoblind

There it is.  Over/under on how many ask you for a link? 

huntindoc

Quote from: cram224 on November 09, 2017, 09:41:44 pm

If you read the contract you will see clearly it's with the University.  The RF is referred to as a third party payer.  CBB  is employed by the university and not the RF.   The contract is readily available on line.

Here is all 71 pages    http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/public/ab-Bret-Bielema-Contract.PDF

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: snoblind on November 09, 2017, 10:28:06 pm
There it is.  Over/under on how many ask you for a link? 

LOL.

I am the link.
Retired Radio Host

texas tush hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 09, 2017, 05:08:27 pm
Good Ole Boy Network

Essentially, everybody who ever coached or played under coach Broyles. Count me in.

texas tush hog

Amen brother.

Hook 'em Hogs

Geeze. And what if someone had a completely different interaction with him?  Ched, there are Hogville people that can't stand you and have challenged your integrity and character. Do I just disbelieve everthing that I've seen with my own eyes because if something you say!  Or Kenny?  It's amazing how any one person thinks they have it figured out. This is what sickens me is that any one can be so sure about stuff like this.  It's a shame we treat each other like this. All the definitions for carpetbagger and Yankee are just people redefining what they know to be true so they can say horrible things about someone. I don't care if they fire Long or not, but the unwholesome talk that comes out here is too much.

Farmer Hogget

doomed before is began.

What a festering turd of a post!

FACT:  The Jeff Long haters hate him because he fired Bobby Petrino.  That is all you need to know.  Anything good that has happened has been because of anyone else and anything bad that's happened has been because the evil AD  came to Arkansas with the sole purpose of destroying Razorback athletics since that is the job of an Athletics Director.  These Jeff Long haters also wear tin foil hats.

EastexHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 09, 2017, 10:12:10 pm
I saw the "integrity matters" shirts on display and for sale just a couple of weeks back at the Hog merchandise store next to Whole Foods.

The day we were being slaughtered 52-0 by Alabama in 2012 I saw people walking around the stadium wearing t-shirts that said "Integrity - It Goes A LONG Way".  There is no way those shirts were allowed to be made and worn without the consent of Jeff Long.

I knew the day I watched and listened as he unnecessarily aired every bit of Petrino's dirty laundry at the media event announcing his firing that Long was a self serving little ***** who cared more about his own imagine and protection than anything else, but the incredibly arrogant t-shirts really drove it home.  Here we were with the football program in shambles and that little **** couldn't resist promoting himself.

He's a fraud and I will celebrate the day that he is no longer associated with the Razorbacks.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Paulsooie on November 09, 2017, 10:17:55 pm
I seem to remember when we hired John L Smith that Phil Fulmer had volunteered to come and help out for a short contract.  At the time the idea gave me the dry heaves, but in hindsight...

Yes.  A "fact" invented by someone on a message board.  In reality, this never happened but, it fits the narrative of Jeff Long haters so it must be true.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 09, 2017, 10:31:06 pm

Essentially, everybody who ever coached or played under coach Broyles. Count me in.

They are the geniuses who first gave us Houston Nutt and then fought with the fans to keep him here. They gave Nutt a "two year pass" to have losing seasons.

Count me out.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 10:42:01 pm
The day we were being slaughtered 52-0 by Alabama in 2012 I saw people walking around the stadium wearing t-shirts that said "Integrity - It Goes A LONG Way".  There is no way those shirts were allowed to be made and worn without the consent of Jeff Long.

I knew the day I watched and listened as he unnecessarily aired every bit of Petrino's dirty laundry at the media event announcing his firing that Long was a self serving little ***** who cared more about his own imagine and protection than anything else, but the incredibly arrogant t-shirts really drove it home.  Here we were with the football program in shambles and that little **** couldn't resist promoting himself.

He's a fraud and I will celebrate the day that he is no longer associated with the Razorbacks.

The football program, at that point, was in shambles because of Bobby Petrino.  And, no, unless he has trademarked his name, they could use it in a t-shirt without his permission.  You hate Jeff Long for firing Bobby Petrino so your view of things is twisted because of that one fact. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on November 09, 2017, 10:37:30 pm
Geeze. And what if someone had a completely different interaction with him?  Ched, there are Hogville people that can't stand you and have challenged your integrity and character. Do I just disbelieve everthing that I've seen with my own eyes because if something you say!  Or Kenny?  It's amazing how any one person thinks they have it figured out. This is what sickens me is that any one can be so sure about stuff like this.  It's a shame we treat each other like this. All the definitions for carpetbagger and Yankee are just people redefining what they know to be true so they can say horrible things about someone. I don't care if they fire Long or not, but the unwholesome talk that comes out here is too much.

Nope.  You are wrong.  Everybody LOVES me. :)
Retired Radio Host

BadHog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 09, 2017, 04:47:31 pm
I may get run off of this board for this, but I have asked in a few different threads and haven't gotten a good answer.  I am still not clear on why we are so hot to fire Jeff Long.  What is it exactly that he is to have done that we want him fired for?  From what I can tell other than the football hire which hasn't worked out, he has done a pretty decent job.  Is there some legitimate reason for wanting him gone this bad that I am missing? I'm not trolling, I just legitimately don't get the seething hatred for Jeff Long. I was talking to some folks at work today and they were saying if it was one or the other they'd rather fire Jeff Long and keep Bielema? I asked why and the only answer I got was that he was arrogant and (actual quote) " had ruined the university and run it directly into the ground"

To save some time I already know he fired Bobby Petrino.  I know about the Pepsi contract. I know how bad the football program is right now.  I know that we are in the middle of an expensive stadium upgrade. I know about the Jimmy Dykes hire. I know Jeff Long is not from Arkansas, or even the south (gasp)  Are these the reasons that people are filled with righteous hate for Long or is there something else that I am unaware of or have misunderstood, because I am looking at those things and I don't get the "Jeff long has to go now" stance.  Also to save time, I don't work for Jeff Long, I don't work for the University, i'm just a regular fan who feel like I have somehow gone nuts because everyone is so sure of something and I don't get it at all.

You seriously just spewed off five or six big mistakes Jeff has made which is only the tip of the iceberg and you ask "why" people want him gone?? If you had given well into the six digits to support the athletic department - trust me - that would be enough. But there are a "million" (yes pun intended) reasons beyond the obvious of why he is not the best person to be leading our athletic department. He fired a GREAT coach not because the coach lied to him, as he would have everyone believe because he knew the entire story from the minute it happened, AND he has kept an inept coach in business and covered for that coaches drunk ass by hiring a personal driver and enabling this pathetic behavior. Long has way overextended his authority in athletic department business transactions, defended this inept coach's behavior to the point that we have lost great assistant coaches who refused to put up with this travesty, and many other grievances that I have only heard third hand but definitely have smoke to them. He has put many people in some really uncomfortable situations and now it is coming back to haunt him. Jeff does not belong in the AD position. That's all.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

East Clintwood

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 09, 2017, 10:39:16 pm
What a festering turd of a post!

FACT:  The Jeff Long haters hate him because he fired Bobby Petrino.  That is all you need to know.  Anything good that has happened has been because of anyone else and anything bad that's happened has been because the evil AD  came to Arkansas with the sole purpose of destroying Razorback athletics since that is the job of an Athletics Director.  These Jeff Long haters also wear tin foil hats.

Thank you for your input Mrs Long.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 09, 2017, 10:42:57 pm
They are the geniuses who first gave us Houston Nutt and then fought with the fans to keep him here. They gave Nutt a "two year pass" to have losing seasons.

Count me out.

I would like to point out that Frank wanted Tommy Tubberville.  He was overruled by White, who went with a committee that hired HdN.  So, White...who hired Long is the one that is responsible for Nutt. 

Now, HdN did work his way in to the GOBN but not as deeply as you might think.  There were many that were tired of HdN at the end of the story.  HdN was a master salesman.
Retired Radio Host

jkstock04

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 09, 2017, 10:45:55 pm
The football program, at that point, was in shambles because of Bobby Petrino.  And, no, unless he has trademarked his name, they could use it in a t-shirt without his permission.  You hate Jeff Long for firing Bobby Petrino so your view of things is twisted because of that one fact. 
If Petrino was such a d-bag of a coach that was going to set fire to the program...your esteemed hero of an AD never should've hired him in the first place.

Can't have it both ways here. But if you wanna look at it that way, that was a disaster, ok...Petrino was Longs hire. Ultimately his fault.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys