Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hargreaves to Missouri

Started by Snout team, December 14, 2017, 02:18:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

BR

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/missouri-hires-former-arkansas-miami-assistant-vernon-hargreaves/

Mizzou Football made the announcement on Twitter that Hargreaves is joining the Tigers after coaching at Arkansas since 2015. He will coach inside LBs at Missouri.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

HF#1

Good for him. I'm sure it must be difficult finding a job when you helped field the 2 worst defenses in Arkansas history.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Flrazrback

Congrats to Coach Hargreaves... We will see you soon, best of luck.

Hog in Iowa

Happy for you Coach Hargreaves!  Glad you found a landing spot.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

East Clintwood

Quote from: HF#1 on December 14, 2017, 02:49:02 pm
Good for him. I'm sure it must be difficult finding a job when you helped field the 2 worst defenses in Arkansas history.

And I hope you have the same level of success there that you enjoyed here.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Rhoads to UCLA and Hargreaves to Mizzou. Very interesting. I've felt for quite some time that the position coaches (outside of anderson) weren't the problem. If most of the defensive staff get pretty high profile jobs and Bielema is still sitting on the sideline, it would pretty much confirm that he was the biggest problem and the rest of the coaching world knows it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

WaltonCollege

He was a poor coach and a poor recruiter.

FutureMan

I'm happy for Coach Hargreaves, glad he found a good landing spot.   
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

1dayinthelifeofporkiepig

Quote from: FutureMan on December 14, 2017, 03:49:43 pm
I'm happy for Coach Hargreaves, glad he found a good landing spot.   
I'm happy for him too. In my job as owner of a business, I've had to let a few folks go over the years. Just didn't work out. However, I always wish for the best & pray for that person, even if the firing wasn't pleasant. It's always better to be positive & take the high road, no matter had hard it can be at times.

King Kong

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 14, 2017, 03:44:18 pm
Rhoads to UCLA and Hargreaves to Mizzou. Very interesting. I've felt for quite some time that the position coaches (outside of anderson) weren't the problem. If most of the defensive staff get pretty high profile jobs and Bielema is still sitting on the sideline, it would pretty much confirm that he was the biggest problem and the rest of the coaching world knows it

Reggie Mitchell is at UTEP

Cinco de Hogo

You know I'm beginning to think Anderson wasn't the problem.  Maybe he wasn't ready for a big time P5 job but that doesn't mean he doesn't have possibilities for a future.  Maybe away fro BB he will come into his own as a o-line coach.  Time will tell the story on all these coaches.

And best of luck to them all.

As for BB, get it on down to Florida and forget you was ever associated with our program.

S&W

Quote from: 1dayinthelifeofporkiepig on December 14, 2017, 04:06:03 pm
I'm happy for him too. In my job as owner of a business, I've had to let a few folks go over the years. Just didn't work out. However, I always wish for the best & pray for that person, even if the firing wasn't pleasant. It's always better to be positive & take the high road, no matter had hard it can be at times.

I've always found taking the high road isn't very hard at all.

JayHog

I don't understand why we let Michael Smith go. He was our best recruiter and had Louisiana recruiting locked down.

hogginbama

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 14, 2017, 03:45:14 pm
He was a poor coach and a poor recruiter.

Yet most of his recruiting classes were better than what we had before he got here.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hogginbama

Most of these folks can't let go of the bitterness. Regardless of who they attack or blame, they will still go to their job at McDonalds tomorrow. Which is good, cause someone has to serve me my #7 with a large sweet tea/light ice.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: hogginbama on December 14, 2017, 04:13:39 pm
Yet most of his recruiting classes were better than what we had before he got here.

Yeah 2016 and 2017 were statistically the worst 2 defenses in Hog History.  We couldn't tackle, couldn't cover, couldn't rush the passer.  But his recruiting classes were good I guess LOL.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HF#1 on December 14, 2017, 02:49:02 pm

Missouri isn't a very big step up on defense....lol

FutureMan

It's always better to be positive & take the high road, no matter had hard it can be at times.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

He's being credited for developing Brooks Ellis and DeJon Harris. I am hoping he is not as bad as you guys say he is.

Jimbob111

Unless Bielema was solely responsible for teaching all fundamentals, technique, and playbook then no, he was not the biggest problem. This was a group effort on both sides of the ball.  It was just a bad combination of a coaching staff. Nothing personal but none of them seemed to get it together with coaching.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Athog

Yeah Bret is not needing a job! So let's not jump to conclusions about the reason people are hired yet!!  Would you look for job in his situation ?
Yeah... me either.

Dr. Starcs

Glad he landed in a "safe place" up in Columbia.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 14, 2017, 06:44:15 pm
Glad he landed in a "safe place" up in Columbia.

I see what you did there
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

jackflash

glad these coaches are finding  good places to coach

smb

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on December 14, 2017, 04:50:20 pm
He's being credited for developing Brooks Ellis and DeJon Harris. I am hoping he is not as bad as you guys say he is.
Dilly! Dilly!
GeorgiaHOG

AirWarren

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on December 14, 2017, 04:50:20 pm

That's all anyone needs to hear.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jimbob111 on December 14, 2017, 05:06:27 pm
Unless Bielema was solely responsible for teaching all fundamentals, technique, and playbook then no, he was not the biggest problem. This was a group effort on both sides of the ball.  It was just a bad combination of a coaching staff. Nothing personal but none of them seemed to get it together with coaching.

Wrong. Bielema was the biggest problem because he had the biggest job and that was head coach with ultimate responsibility to oversee all aspects. Thus since some assistant coaches were not successful then he wasn't. That falls on him as the leader of the program.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

greasy_corner

Quote from: jackflash on December 14, 2017, 07:06:24 pm
glad these coaches are finding  good places to coach

Saves us money (I think).

Melancholy_Pigg

Wish him the best but hope he lays an egg when we play him. 

HogFoo

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 14, 2017, 04:08:43 pm
You know I'm beginning to think Anderson wasn't the problem.  Maybe he wasn't ready for a big time P5 job but that doesn't mean he doesn't have possibilities for a future.  Maybe away fro BB he will come into his own as a o-line coach.  Time will tell the story on all these coaches.

And best of luck to them all.

As for BB, get it on down to Florida and forget you was ever associated with our program.
No, Anderson was a big problem.   A players dad(his kid started btw) who's friends with my buddy told me flat out.  He said, that Anderson had a problem with 2 guys who he didnt play until mid/late in season.  They had made a joke about Andersons weight and he heard them.  And like a little baby bish, he held a grudge against them until Bielema went and watched practice and asked why they werent starting?  Anderson had no answer. that's when they started playing.  Of course then some of our guys got hurt, and there was no choice. but, Anderson was a prob to begin with. He should have never been hired in the first place.  As mentioned many many times. OL coach is the absolute most important position there is in a Bielema offense. you dont go hire a complete nobody, who had basically zero experience at that position!  Pittman was supposedly #1 coach/recruiter at OL .  So, what Bielema should have did was go down the list of top 50.  Made some calls until he got a guy.  Any of the top 50 guys and possibly top 100 would have been better than Anderson was!  had he did that, he probably would have saved his job.  but he didnt, OL never improved, never really got better recruits, sure as hell werent getting better coaching, and thus, we had nothing going that resembled what Bielema was wanting to do with offense.  Thus, we lose, he gets fired.  next.     but yeah,  Anderson was a HUGEEE mistake!   

Its ok though, because i believe things happen for a reason.  while i originally had thought bielema would get things done, it became blatantly obvious he wasnt going to.  so change was needed.  we found a guy that by all accounts will put together a great offense.  which, i agree with what some talking heads have said.  Arkansas is about at the same spot clemson was before Dabo and Morris built it up to where it is now.  i absolutely agree with that.  Clemson wasnt exactly killing it in recruiting either.  the gradually got better, got consistent at winning every year and finally got to the promised land.   i believe that Morris will do the same thing here.  he already has the blueprint.  has the connections in recruiting.  and if he can get a DC to match his style, then we'll have something.  i absolutely believe that Morris can have the same type success Petrino did in about the exact same time span as Petrino did.  i truly believe that we'll be back to 10wins within 3yrs.  watch and see! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

SamBuckhart

We must move on. Looking forward to next season. Even spring ball. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

FineAsSwine

Great to see Coach Hargreaves get another job in the SEC. No need for all of the coaches to go down with the sinking ship. BB has a life preserver to the tune of 12 million. These assistants all took career risks when they took a ride on the Titanic ship of CBB's tenure at UA. Hope they all recover.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 14, 2017, 04:29:39 pm
Missouri isn't a very big step up on defense....lol

It's a good job at a P5 conference school. I have not heard one coach that left that has bad mouthed the Hogs. But hey keep trolling you do it well.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi