Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One stop shop for all things rankings

Started by Thepigdoctor, February 26, 2015, 10:23:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

Figured with the attempts at minimizing the number of threads per each topic, we could go with a rankings one as well. Starting at 8th given losses, doubt we could jump much higher with a win @UK, but maybe with enough losses.
8.     Kansas              22-5 L @KSt, sat vs texas
9   Notre Dame   24-4 L vs Syracuse, next game Wed 3/4
10   Northern Iowa   26-2 W vs Evansville, sat @ Wichita st
11   Wichita St      25-3 W @Indiana St, sat vs N Iowa
12   Iowa State   887   20-6 L vs Baylor, sat @K St
13   Utah                   21-5 W vs AZ St, sat vs Zona
14   Maryland           22-5 W vs Wisc, sat vs Michigan
15   North Carolina   19-8 L vs NC State, sat @miami
16   Oklahoma           19-8 W @Tex tech, sat vs Tcu
17   Louisville.          21-6 W @Ga Tech, sat @FSU
18   Arkansas           22-5 W vs TAMU, sat @UK

Kansas is a darling, so a win against Texas and they may drop just 2-3 spots. Cheer for Texas (I know) as the premise of this will be how high can we move winning @UK, with only 5 losses to our name. Texas win would likely drop Kansas out of the top 15.
Notre dame lost at home to a fairly poor Syracuse team, could fall to 14-16 range.
N. Iowa or WSt will lose, so one will fall a few spots. If it's WSt, they could drop up to 5 spots with more losses and they are at home.
I St needs to beat K St to avoid dropping more than 2-3 spots.
Utah won't be hit to hard for a loss to Zona, but a win could help them jump in top 10.
Maryland had a huge win, beat Michigan, top 10 for them. A loss and they probably don't move
Unc added their 9th loss at home to unranked NC St, could avoid dropping out by beating Miami, but they are in free fall. Loss and they're lucky to stay ranked.
Louisville eeked out a 1 pt road win at Tech, but they are struggling and Jones is finally off the team for good. A loss @fsu wouldn't surprise me, they'd be around 21-23 range.
Hogs turned an eye popping first half into a survival match, but got a quality win. Beat UK to extend the win streak to 8 and 11 of our last 12 with the only loss being highly questionable, and I see no way they can keep us out of the top 10.