Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky players snowball fight with Hog fans

Started by bighogonthewall, February 26, 2015, 02:49:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighogonthewall

Tony Delk talks about a snowball fight on SECnetwork during his playing days at UK. Would love to hear the story of how that transpired if any of you were in on it back then. Thanks.    :razorback:

HogAlum99

I'm not sure when it could have happened (not saying it didn't). I just remember the Kentucky bus literally pulling into the arena on the East side (where the TV trucks and stuff set up). The bus backed down into the arena and Pitino and the players got off inside of the arena. Afterwards, the bus was backed down to the same spot, and they got on the bus.  Maybe sometime after the game, a few of the Kentucky players wandered outside and were pelted! It was Super Bowl Sunday, if I remember correctly, and it snowed like crazy that day.

jm

Quote from: bighogonthewall on February 26, 2015, 02:49:14 pm
Tony Delk talks about a snowball fight on SECnetwork during his playing days at UK. Would love to hear the story of how that transpired if any of you were in on it back then. Thanks.    :razorback:

I don't remember the complete details, but I do recall a  Pitino interview talking about how "nice" the people in Arkansas are and sarcastically stating how much he appreciated the welcome. He was very irritated about the situation.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: jm on February 26, 2015, 05:02:13 pm
I don't remember the complete details, but I do recall a  Pitino interview talking about how "nice" the people in Arkansas are and sarcastically stating how much he appreciated the welcome. He was very irritated about the situation.

Pitino is always irritated

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Rawker

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 26, 2015, 06:04:08 pm
Pitino is always irritated

I actually thought that - outside of that situation - he was the most complimentary of any coach in those days regarding Nolan and the program.  I think he kind of enjoyed having that rivalry get fired up when Arkansas joined the SEC.  After the @UK game in 1992, he had this expression like..."Aw sh**....IT'S ON NOW!"

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 26, 2015, 06:07:14 pm
Unless he's in his favorite booth in the French quarter.

He was irritated after that.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Rawker on February 26, 2015, 06:09:15 pm
I actually thought that - outside of that situation - he was the most complimentary of any coach in those days regarding Nolan and the program.  I think he kind of enjoyed having that rivalry get fired up when Arkansas joined the SEC.  After the @UK game in 1992, he had this expression like..."Aw sh**....IT'S ON NOW!"

Pitino probably did like having a great Arkansas team in the SEC, especially one that played the uptempo trappin and pressing game.  It made for great games