Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adidas Postseason Uniforms

Started by The_Iceman, February 26, 2015, 09:14:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Man, I'm glad we aren't with Adidas. Have you guys seen the pictures Darren Rovell is tweeting? Adidas is giving their teams these two-tones shorts:

I'm glad Nike gave us a very classic, yet modern look. These look horrible.

thirrdegreetusker

.....ain't one bit uglier than anthracite........

WarPig88

I don't like the UCLA versions, but the Kansas and Wiscy don't look bad at all.

Hogimus Prime

They look similar to Louisville, who is also with Adidas.  The way the shorts are with the two tone looks like their shorts are hanging down and need to be pulled up

JONAS

I like the KU uniforms.  Especially the big Jayhawk on the shorts.

AWHAWG

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 26, 2015, 09:14:32 am
Man, I'm glad we aren't with Adidas. Have you guys seen the pictures Darren Rovell is tweeting? Adidas is giving their teams these two-tones shorts:

I'm glad Nike gave us a very classic, yet modern look. These look horrible.
Those unifoms are horrible. I saw them on Sothern University last week and they make the players look as if they are sagging. I wanted to go on the court and pull them up. They had Southern written in the top  colors on the bottoms wich was across their butts. Why smh? Think about them on the girls uniforms with hogs or ladybacks across the bottom?!

The_Iceman

Quote from: AWHAWG on February 26, 2015, 10:04:36 am
Those unifoms are horrible. I saw them on Sothern University last week and they make the players look as if they are sagging. I wanted to go on the court and pull them up. They had Southern written in the top  colors on the bottoms wich was across their butts. Why smh? Think about them on the girls uniforms with hogs or ladybacks across the bottom?!

My first thought was they look like women's uniforms or like little league basketball uniforms.

HogCard

Wisconsin will look like a candy cane

Thepigdoctor

I liked the idea someone had in another thread that we bring back the 94 uni's for the NCAAT. Granted, it would suck if we went one and done in them, but maybe they'd carry a little of that magic with them. In a season where we've honored the past so much and made huge strides to return to former glory, what better way to let folks know we're back?

I know they'd be a bit dated as far as modern uni's go, not sure if we'd even be allowed to do it, but I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

mbgrulz

Those white shoes are terrible IMO.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on February 26, 2015, 11:20:58 am
I liked the idea someone had in another thread that we bring back the 94 uni's for the NCAAT. Granted, it would suck if we went one and done in them, but maybe they'd carry a little of that magic with them. In a season where we've honored the past so much and made huge strides to return to former glory, what better way to let folks know we're back?

I know they'd be a bit dated as far as modern uni's go, not sure if we'd even be allowed to do it, but I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

That would be sweet. Let Nike use their newer materials, but give it the double stripe down the right side, and put the new classic hog on the bottom left of the shorts. 1994 look, but with modern materials, fit, and the new font.

sickboy

Looks like retro fits. It looks like design work from 1997.

Cresthog

Adidas is super lame.

Gawd their shoes look terrible.

z1on

Quote from: sickboy on February 26, 2015, 11:47:05 am
Looks like retro fits. It looks like design work from 1997.

Yea, I had the same thought. The shorts look like something from the 90's.

The Boar War

It's bad but not as bad as the neon tiger stripe uniforms they had Louisville and Baylor wearing a few years ago.  Sometimes these guys just try to hard.

Hogimus Prime

Anyone remember the Kentucky denim uniforms they wore in '96. They debut them against Arkansas. The Hogs wore ones called The Muscle.  The Hogs unis were cool looking. Both were made by Converse.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

choppedporkextrasauce

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 26, 2015, 12:11:17 pm
Anyone remember the Kentucky denim uniforms they wore in '96. They debut them against Arkansas. The Hogs wore ones called The Muscle.  The Hogs unis were cool looking. Both were made by Converse.

Oh god yes, those UK uni's will always rank near the top of my worst ever list.

Those camo type Adidas uni's referenced from either last year or the year before's tourney were also atrocious.

Certainly comes down to trying way too hard to be cool.

Exactly my thoughts Ice, how sweet would it be to see the Hogs roll out in some brand new throw back championship uni's?? Like I said, my only fear would be disgracing those with a bad first round loss, because even really good teams suffer those. No better time than the present to unveil them. I think I'll write to Mr. Long and see what he thinks.

JONAS

These are my favorite Razorback uniforms.

GatorHog

I think we should get a little more preppy

la20688

Quote from: GatorHog on February 26, 2015, 06:28:20 pm
I think we should get a little more preppy

That would be a good fit for Harvard.   :)

passinghog

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Sed76

Would love to see a either a 1990 or 1994 throwback. There was a pretty favorable response to the football throwbacks so let's do it in basketball as well.

Hogimus Prime

I think it was back during the 05-06 season when the SEC did a throw back SEC tournament and a couple of games for each team during the season and the teams wore throwback uniforms. The Hogs throwbacks were based off the '77-78 season. The shorts were longer than orginals but they looked really sharp.

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 26, 2015, 09:29:13 pm
I think it was back during the 05-06 season when the SEC did a throw back SEC tournament and a couple of games for each team during the season and the teams wore throwback uniforms. The Hogs throwbacks were based off the '77-78 season. The shorts were longer than orginals but they looked really sharp.

It seems like they wore those uniforms longer than they originally intended because they were playing well.  Am I remembering that correctly?

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The Boar War on February 26, 2015, 09:34:16 pm
It seems like they wore those uniforms longer than they originally intended because they were playing well.  Am I remembering that correctly?

You are correct. They had to get permission from the SEC to do so.

hawgmasta

Thank goodness were with Nike. They are by far the best looking and most innovative in my humble opinion.