Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alandise Harris Shoutout

Started by Adam Stokes, February 25, 2015, 09:06:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

I think Alandise did a great job last night showing everyone just why he is the "5th starter."  After racking up four blocks last night, he has now had a block in 9 straight games.  He shot 4-5 from the field, (including 1-2 from three,) had 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals while only committing 1 foul and 2 TO's.

He has become the heart and soul on the defensive end and is being the big body against guys with more length.  Alandise is always one of the first guys to have shots taken at him because of the way he shoots.  Well guess what, he is 4th on the team in FG% at 47%, (2nd for anyone over 16 minutes per game,) and 33% from three point range. 

Alandise you just continue to fly under the radar and do what you do, get us wins. 

Hawg Red

+1

Baffling to me that he gets so much blame compared to what he brings to the table.

Hogimus Prime

He does a lot of the dirty work that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.  I love how he has been playing lately.  The Hogs are going to miss Harris and Madden next year. 

Breems

He's stepped up in Coty Clarke's absence as the guy who can defend multiple positions. He's an extremely underrated shot-blocker and saves us a lot of buckets underneath (he won the Florida loss for us).

You can tell Coach A likes the guy and for good reason. Wouldn't mind him taking it to the rim a few more times per game.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

WarPig88

He has a very awkward game and I think tends to make it harder for people to see the positives he brings to this team.

His physicality is a big deal to this team. This team needs that and he provides it in spades. He doesn't back down from guys who have 4 inches in height on him at times stuffing their shots near the rim. He keeps rebounds in play a lot even though he may not get them himself.

One of the biggest plays of the night was the miss of the last ft att by the Aggies. It was a brick that came off to his side and the kind that the offense usually gets cleanly for a put buck attempt. Carusso shoved Harris on the shot but Harris still made a play on the ball causing it to get kicked around instead of being an easy put back.

He does so many little things that contribute, but I cannot lie, he makes me nervous on the offensive end. LOL! ;D

BENJAMINX

urkillnmesmalls

At times, everyone on the team gets careless with the ball, so it's hard to point a finger at Harris.  What he has done is give us an added dimension of protecting the rim on defense.  He take up enough space that he's able to affect shots even when he doesn't block them, and when he fouls....the shot's not getting up to the rim, which is how it should be if you're going to foul. 

His shot is odd looking, but it's a little Larry Bird-like, in that it's fading away somewhat and very hard to defend.  He can get it off in almost every situation.  He's big and strong enough that if he would take one more dribble to "turn the corner" on his defender more often, I think he could get to the rim or get fouled most of the time.  If he made a commitment to go to the hole like Qualls does at times, he could add even that much more to our offensive attack.  He's done it...did it once last night in fact and got fouled, but I think he could do it more often successfully and possibly get some of the opposition's bigs in foul trouble if nothing else.

I've always like how physical he plays, and he's a big key for us. 

MA better have him, and EVERYONE else turn up the dial on rebounding for the KY game, because if we don't do MUCH better with that, it will be a massacre.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hawg Red

Harris the reason I think Anderson needs to look for a graduate transfer if Bobby leaves (or even less anyone leaves). We need a veteran forward with physicality and toughness on defense. JUCOs are often a mixed bag their first year in D1 and prep players are unlikely to provide that as freshmen.

I'm not sure Miles can give us anything near what Harris is this year or what Coty Clarke did last year. JaCorey gives us a different look than Clarke or Harris. I think his role stays unchanged next year, in a perfect world. Even if Bobby stays, it'd be nice to get someone similar to replace Harris, if even just for a season.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Breems on February 25, 2015, 09:15:11 am
He's stepped up in Coty Clarke's absence as the guy who can defend multiple positions. He's an extremely underrated shot-blocker and saves us a lot of buckets underneath (he won the Florida loss for us).

You can tell Coach A likes the guy and for good reason. Wouldn't mind him taking it to the rim a few more times per game.

You got this post up while I was typing, and that's exactly how I feel about it. He's not a leaper, but he's crafty and can position himself to either get fouled or get the shot off with that fade away move he has.  With the added threat to just complete the dribble drive and go to the hole, he could pull up and hit fade away shots from 10-12 feet all night, or get some guys in foul trouble quick.  He just seems to take a few dribbles, pull up, and look to pass.  Problem is...sometimes he passes it to no one, or the defense.   :(
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

TM Hog

He reminds me of Roosevelt Wallace.

PORKULATOR

He's good muscle. I'm glad he's ours.
He's like our Bouncer, really.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BENJAMINX

He also blocked/altered MiSTake's last real chance on Saturday.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 25, 2015, 09:28:31 am
He's good muscle. I'm glad he's ours.
He's like our Bouncer, really.

Nice.   ;D 

AWHAWG

I was glad to see him get the last run out dunk to put the !! On the game. The cheerleaders need move their signs back away from the floor. He slipped on one after the dunk. Glad he didn't  get hurt.

hawginbigd1

I don't care about the points I would say this was his best game ever as a Hog, no noticeable LOE plays, and stayed high energy through all his minutes. He did get lost on D a couple times and gave up 3's but i can live with that.

Cresthog

Wish he'd rebound a bit better but he is usually out of position trying to make a block.

Portis/Qualls/Harris need to work on their shot blocking/rebounding understanding.

They can't all go for the block, someone has to play the rebound. That will hurt us come NCAAT time when we're not creating that many TOs.

But I love Harris, He has that country strength that no amount of weight lifting can give you. Just a natural banger.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Cresthog on February 25, 2015, 09:51:03 am
Wish he'd rebound a bit better but he is usually out of position trying to make a block.

Portis/Qualls/Harris need to work on their shot blocking/rebounding understanding.

They can't all go for the block, someone has to play the rebound. That will hurt us come NCAAT time when we're not creating that many TOs.

But I love Harris, He has that country strength that no amount of weight lifting can give you. Just a natural banger.

Exactly.  Everyone played against someone like that in practice or against a rival.  A little soft, no definition, but immovable for whatever reason.  It's sort of like how you don't want to ever pick a fight against someone who lifts hay bales all day long.  You can't bring a big enough lunch to that tussle. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 25, 2015, 09:18:37 am

His shot is odd looking, but it's a little Larry Bird-like, in that it's fading away somewhat and very hard to defend.

I get what you are saying but surely there has got to be some other apt player comparison you could have used rather than Larry Legend. Just saying.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

azhog10

Quote from: Cresthog on February 25, 2015, 09:51:03 am
This is the one thing that may hurt us in the tourney. Harris does a lot of good things that doens't often get noticed. He's an athletic big body and a good "old mans" type of game around the rim. But he loves to go for the blocks, and he isn't afraid to leave his man to try and go get one. This may come back to bite us, because Portis can be the same way. We aren't ever going to be a great rebounding team, but when you hvae guys that are aggressive and trying to block a lot of shots you give up a lot of weakside rebounds and tip ins. I hope against Kentucky we stay home and make them work for every shot.

swinesation

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 25, 2015, 10:13:13 am
I get what you are saying but surely there has got to be some other apt player comparison you could have used rather than Larry Legend. Just saying.

I said it in another thread, but his game reminds me a lot of Shawn Marion. Goofy looking shot, does the dirty work, can defend 1-4 very well.

BrianWPS!!

Ok mainly a football guy so grill me on this if I'm way off but Harris is like a solid olinemen on the bball court. Hell do many things really well, and get physical when he needs to but the noticeable bad things are easier to see the good things. He'll uproot a big out of position but then shoot a dumb shot so that shot is the only thing that gets noticed.

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 25, 2015, 09:10:17 am
The Hogs are going to miss Harris and Madden next year. 

Two 1,000 point scorers that a lot of fans think should be playing JV.

Cresthog

Quote from: The Boar War on February 25, 2015, 12:07:57 pm
Two 1,000 point scorers that a lot of fans think should be playing JV.

I don't think Harris has scored 1000 point in 2 seasons...

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Cresthog on February 25, 2015, 12:51:42 pm

Over a 1,000 between Houston and Arkansas.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Cresthog on February 25, 2015, 12:51:42 pm

University of Houston is D1, too, bubba. It counts.

Rawker

Yes, Harris will throw it away among other things occasionally, but he has like 200 random "unexplainables" to catch up to Madden, who has rightly been this board's golden boy of late.  I like the good that Madden brings as much as anyone, but my point is that you can't ride Harris too much for mistakes, because a number of guys can go full-retard at times....but he brings something that no one on the team brings with the consistency that he does: strength and mean-streaked toughness.  If Portis, for example, had the mean-streak Harris does, he'd be the man to beat for the Wooden.  If Harris, even at only 6-6, sees someone anywhere near him trying to score, it's not going to be done without some pain or embarrassment.  And it seems to be especially true in crunch, when someone has to absolutely make that stop.  I think Kingsley could be like this too - he just needs to get the same opportunity.

Polecat

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 25, 2015, 09:10:17 am
He does a lot of the dirty work that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.  I love how he has been playing lately.  The Hogs are going to miss Harris and Madden next year. 
totally agree +1
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on February 25, 2015, 11:50:54 am
Ok mainly a football guy so grill me on this if I'm way off but Harris is like a solid olinemen on the bball court. Hell do many things really well, and get physical when he needs to but the noticeable bad things are easier to see the good things. He'll uproot a big out of position but then shoot a dumb shot so that shot is the only thing that gets noticed.

reported, no need for that kind of language.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Cresthog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 25, 2015, 01:28:28 pm
University of Houston is D1, too, bubba. It counts.

Thought you meant as a Hog..

I guess it rolls regardless.

The Boar War

Quote from: Cresthog on February 25, 2015, 03:54:47 pm
Thought you meant as a Hog..

I guess it rolls regardless.

Yeah it would be tough to get to 1000 points in 1 and 3/4 seasons.  In that time he has scored 498 points so it's possible he could have been a 1000 point scorer if he had started his career at Arkansas.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 25, 2015, 10:13:13 am

Nah...he's the gold standard of the fade away.  Why would I use anyone else?  While I realize there are probably many board members whose teeth are nowhere nearly as long as mine who never saw Larry play, it gets the point across for everyone who has.   

1highhog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 25, 2015, 09:06:31 am
I think Alandise did a great job last night showing everyone just why he is the "5th starter."  After racking up four blocks last night, he has now had a block in 9 straight games.  He shot 4-5 from the field, (including 1-2 from three,) had 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals while only committing 1 foul and 2 TO's.

He has become the heart and soul on the defensive end and is being the big body against guys with more length.  Alandise is always one of the first guys to have shots taken at him because of the way he shoots.  Well guess what, he is 4th on the team in FG% at 47%, (2nd for anyone over 16 minutes per game,) and 33% from three point range. 

Alandise you just continue to fly under the radar and do what you do, get us wins. 

+1.  Alandise is a favorite of mine, I love his style of play, I don't know why some are down on him.  If his shot is not falling, just watch his stat line in other parts of his game, his motor never stops.  His defense is really on the high end and like you said, he's a blocking machine, even against guys a lot taller than he is and he gets in the paint and bumps around with some big ole boys at times.

1highhog

Quote from: TM Hog on February 25, 2015, 09:28:31 am
He reminds me of Roosevelt Wallace.

Although a taller Roosevelt Wallace with more to his game.  Wallace was all of at best 6-4, I haven't had the chance to stand beside Harris yet, but he sure looks taller than that.

gmarv

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on February 25, 2015, 11:50:54 am
yeah I agree with this the dumb things he does really shine.but man he gives us a lot of good stuff.