Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No "GREAT WIN BY THE HOGS AND COACH ANDERSON" thread???

Started by BadHog, February 24, 2015, 11:14:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

BadHog

I'm serious here...not one post from him??? Since Sunday.

The Boar War

You know some hog fan had the "big one" tonight.  Hope Joes okay.

Wild Bill Hog

BadHog

I've been a poster on this board for years. Regardless of all the bickering, you become used to seeing people around and I've seen a lot of posters drift away for reasons unknown. I started with many of these posters on the PigPen (back in the big basketball days and up through Nolan's firing). It's life I guess...

hellwonthaveme

chiefhawg

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BadHog on February 24, 2015, 11:19:26 pm
I've been a poster on this board for years. Regardless of all the bickering, you become used to seeing people around and I've seen a lot of posters drift away for reasons unknown. I started with many of these posters on the PigPen (back in the big basketball days and up through Nolan's firing). It's life I guess...

So you were their when we converted into a Oregon Ducks board for a week because we didn't make the BIG DANCE...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BadHog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 25, 2015, 01:50:02 am
So you were their when we converted into a Oregon Ducks board for a week because we didn't make the BIG DANCE...

HAHA! Yes - that was pretty crazy reading the green screen!

And HiM and I had some pretty heated debates over Nolan. That's when he was Mark In Memphis and we could let the curse words fly on that board!

HamIAm

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Danny J

Nipsey Mussle

BadHog

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BadHog on February 25, 2015, 10:35:20 am

And HiM and I had some pretty heated debates over Nolan. That's when he was Mark In Memphis and we could let the curse words fly on that board!

I do remember the duck pond. The Nolan lawsuit year.

SPAL

1highhog

Quote from: BadHog on February 25, 2015, 10:35:20 am

That must have been a long long time ago or I just missed it.  I've been a member here for over 7 years and don't remember that, I was here all through Nolans firing, and I'll be honest, I agreed with it at the time.  To me, Nolan had gotten lazy, he wasn't the same fireball of a Coach that he was that would get in a Ref's face and sometimes I believe the damn refs were a little intimidated by the old Nolan, but after 94, Nolan rarely left the bench, rarely jumped in a Ref's face, rarely got that technical that always seemed to rejuvenate his team with the same fever pitch Nolan had previously. 

I remember watching that 95 Championship game, we were so much better than UCLA, they didn't belong on the floor with us if our guys played to their capability.  I still have that game.  How many times did Nolan actually get up and look like he was Coaching?  Our team was looking lost in the 2nd half, Nolan had a look on his face of disinterest, that night of the game I didn't watch that last 6 minutes of the game, I just knew we were going to lose, I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.  Now, over the years, light has been shed over some of that, and Nolans rants and him getting fired.  My position has changed, I hated White then, hate him even worse now after all the facts.

Broyles position in the firing of Nolan I'm still unclear on though, maybe others know more than I do, Nolan thinks that Broyles is a rascist SOB, I find that hard to believe when Frank was the first in the SWC and one of the first anywhere in the south at a major program to hire a black Head Coach.  I remember in the SWC Nolans 1st couple of years going to away games against A/M, Tech, Texas, etc., the racial slurs that you would hear coming from the stands directed at him, and this was from people that had their teams 75% filled with black players.  Nolan was right with the saying, walk a mile in my shoes!  He'd had a rough life growing up dealing with racial problems, something our nation still struggles with.  But for a lot of us, life hasn't been to rosy either, the UofA made Nolan a very rich man, he and his family are set for life.  I'm just glad to see that Nolan is finally getting recognized for what he accomplished while Coaching here.  Somehow, I wished that a seat could be reserved for Nolan near the bench or something, but that might overshadow in someway That this is totally Mikes team now. 

Enough of my rambling, we're going to need a perfect game against Kentucky Saturday, in a way, a lose now wouldn't bother me so bad as long as we could get outright 2nd place in the SEC Tourney and somehow score a rematch with them in the finals of it.  I'd love to beat them on a neutral floor and ruin their perfect season.