Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Texas A&M

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 24, 2015, 07:27:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorHog

ozarkhog

hmmm.  Maybe this was strategy, hoping to make the wildcats overlook us 😎
AKA: Snowflake  
Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

elksnort

No surprise about giving up the big lead. It figures. But we won

BallHog1

Quote from: Swineasaur on February 24, 2015, 10:19:25 pm
I may have been a tad dramatic about not caring about the W, but the wonderful 1st half is going to be over looked now because of us just slamming on the breaks. This a&m team wasn't even close to us talent wise, it just pisses me off that we allowed them to have a chance with 20+ turnovers by them
I understand, but in reality, the rest of the country sees a "w" and hopefully we learned something from it.

intelligence

wupigsuey

Quote from: Swineasaur on February 24, 2015, 10:10:56 pm
That's is sickining. I don't care that we won..that's was sorry

That's post was sorry
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: elksnort on February 24, 2015, 10:20:51 pm
No surprise about giving up the big lead. It figures. But we won

You know that consistency we talked about ...

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Swineasaur

Quote from: GatorHog on February 24, 2015, 10:19:35 pm
lovely.
Like I just said, I was a little dramatic about that that. It's just infuriates me that we let them even think they could play with us. We had 14 blocks and 20+ turnovers

apcapri

Dominated the 1st half and did enough in the 2nd to secure the win. I'm happy with it. WPS!

elksnort

Quote from: wupigsuey on February 24, 2015, 10:21:32 pm
That's post was sorry
I would have to agree.  This team has an identity and were are seeing it.

hoglady

Beard having to sit due to foul trouble in the 2nd half sure didn't help.
Qualls had a bad game and we still won.
I'll take that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

VictoryRedChevy

I may have been a tad dramatic about not caring about the W, but the wonderful 1st half is going to be over looked now because of us just slamming on the breaks. This a&m team wasn't even close to us talent wise, it just pisses me off that we allowed them to have a chance with 20+ turnovers by them
I can't say the second half wasn't concerning, but the first half will not be overlooked. We won because of that half and also some guts at the end.

elksnort

Don't you know the Kentucky wildcat purest love the fact that Arkansas is back.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Hogfaniam on February 24, 2015, 10:13:59 pm
That half may help us with the game at Rupp.  Can't let up.

Tip of the hat to the Ags.  They left it all on the floor. 

Tonight should be a wake up call for the rest of the regular season/NCAA.
                  :puke:
:puke: WHINERS     :puke:
                   :puke:
" GO HOGS "

Razor6

Vegas just about called that one.  7 point spread.

Ok. WE WIN!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

PORKULATOR

They were a crap match up. We look like we out man them at every spot, but there just isn't any lose in those goobers. I mean Aggies... Sorry
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Letsroll1200

Talent wise you haven't watched SEC basketball. House was the best perimeter player on the floor period. A&M has talent! This same team was close to beating Kentucky.

Swineasaur

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 24, 2015, 10:30:28 pm
Talent wise you haven't watched SEC basketball. House was the best perimeter player on the floor period. A&M has talent! This same team was close to beating Kentucky.
the only time I've seen a&m play was aginst us. And they didn't have half the talent we did tonight. House was impressive,  he scores their first 9 (?) points but everyone else wasn't close to our players

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 24, 2015, 10:30:28 pm

If they would've made free throws, they would have.  Course, Kentucky couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from the field either because of aTm defense.

We beat a good team.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Swineasaur on February 24, 2015, 10:33:14 pm
the only time I've seen a&m play was aginst us. And they didn't have half the talent we did tonight. House was impressive,  he scores their first 9 (?) points but everyone else wasn't close to our players

If you don't watch the game I can't explain the game to you. Harris is not better than Roberson or Jones! Portis is the only player that is head and shoulders better at his position. A&M matches up well with us. I want to remind you to check the SEC standings. That game was for second place.

TheRazorback500

Qualls was a step slow after tweaking his ankle, leaving him vulnerable on defense. That rebound late in the game took guts. Glad we were able to hold on to win. WPS!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

PORKULATOR

Quote from: elksnort on February 24, 2015, 10:28:29 pm
Don't you know the Kentucky wildcat purest love the fact that Arkansas is back.
They do! Your right. They love it and they are pretty damn good sports about it too. +1 btw
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Albert Einswine

We cratered in the 2nd half, but you know what? We won. That's plenty enough to make me happy.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

panhandlepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on February 24, 2015, 10:19:27 pm
Is stroke by way of the hogs covered by insurance?

Just wanna know before it finally happens.

Depends on your provider and coverage I'd assume. I would check on it.   I'm calling in the morning. I think we are going to need it before it's over. Go Hogs.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

RyanLR

This is what A&M has done all year, they have made huge comebacks with regularity. Hogs went into cruise control in a second half and won the game. The only thing that matters is that W.

Swineasaur

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 24, 2015, 10:38:08 pm
If you don't watch the game I can't explain the game to you. Harris is not better than Roberson or Jones! Portis is the only player that is head and shoulders better at his position. A&M matches up well with us. I want to remind you to check the SEC standings. That game was for second place.
If you have watched them closely I'll take your word on. But the only quality wins I see for them are LSU twice and a tennessee win. I just don't see how you think they are equal to us. Again I've only watched them play us. Besides Arkansas I've only kept tabs on Miss and lsu

MemphisBossHog

Im just curious, why is it  considered "bad" to point out that being outrebounded by 19 and giving up 22 offensive rebounds (22 extra possessions for A$M) along with 21 turnovers is  something that the Hogs need to work on and almost cost them a win? 

Sure we may have overachieved in the first half to get out to a 23 pt lead but we more than made up for it with underachieving in the 2nd half and to be honest, if the game had been about another min to min and a half longer, we probably would have lost and that would have been a shame. 

I just want the Hogs to be the very best they can be and being dominated on the glass like they were tonight is going to catch up with them soon.  Doesnt mean I think the Hogs are a bad team or Im "hatin on the Hogs," but it is meant to point out some aspects of the Hogs' performance that need some work thats all.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Rawker on February 24, 2015, 09:50:10 pm
This is like Oilers-Bills.

If only the Oilers would have at least squeaked out a win like the Hogs did. I still remember how sick it made me to watch the collapse. I lived in Houston at the time and was a Luv Ya Blue fan.

TheHAWGfather

HogCzar1

February 25, 2015, 12:16:31 am #931 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:35:21 am by HogCzar1
One thing that does need to be mentioned is that A&M got it down to just one if I remember. The last 2 minutes we gutted it out, and avoided what would have been a total meltdown. We could have folded completely, but didn't.

Still it's a solid win. Very solid. A&M impressed me. They are well coached, and House is NBA good. In addition they played very hard in the second half.

First half was the best we have played in a long time. This team has the chance to learn a valuable lesson. We cannot quit playing with a 20 point lead. Much better to talk about this with a W rather than a loss at home after a 25 point lead.

If we go to Lexington, and don't play with fear or intimidation, we can play with them. But we can't have extended lapses like tonight.

GHG

intelligence

Texas A&M? i've never heard of that college. must be a mid major

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Hogfaniam

Quote from: intelligence on February 25, 2015, 12:24:45 am
Texas A&M? i've never heard of that college. must be a mid major

The rating services have.  We made major moves last night, which is hard to do this time of year. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 24, 2015, 11:02:52 pm
Im just curious, why is it  considered "bad" to point out that being outrebounded by 19 and giving up 22 offensive rebounds (22 extra possessions for A$M) along with 21 turnovers is  something that the Hogs need to work on and almost cost them a win? 

Sure we may have overachieved in the first half to get out to a 23 pt lead but we more than made up for it with underachieving in the 2nd half and to be honest, if the game had been about another min to min and a half longer, we probably would have lost and that would have been a shame. 

I just want the Hogs to be the very best they can be and being dominated on the glass like they were tonight is going to catch up with them soon.  Doesnt mean I think the Hogs are a bad team or Im "hatin on the Hogs," but it is meant to point out some aspects of the Hogs' performance that need some work thats all.
Good Post about last night. The Hogs do have areas that need improving, and we are much improved from the start of the season.
On the flip side, if the first half had been a few minutes longer we very well could have been up by 4-8 points more...it is what it is, which is a W.

" GO HOGS "

lrcentral

Pity sex is still sex. A one point win is still a win.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: lrcentral on February 25, 2015, 12:17:54 pm
Pity sex is still sex. A one point win is still a win.
haaa +1
Ya know he's right. If you win the NC by 1 point, your still the Champs.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 25, 2015, 12:52:11 pm
haaa +1
Ya know he's right. If you win the NC by 1 point, your still the Champs.

Actually, that's a great win!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)