Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance update

Started by MikePiazza, February 13, 2015, 02:50:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MikePiazza

February 13, 2015, 02:50:45 pm Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:41:20 pm by MikePiazza
Attendance at BWA through 8 of 9 league games:

Vandy-16,049
Ole Miss-18,352
Alabama-11,528
Tennessee-12,753
S. Carolina-10,019
Miss. St.-17,404
Mizzou-12,693
Texas A&M-16,117
LSU-TBD

LSU game is the season finale and is on a Saturday. A 1 p.m. tipoff should allow for a large crowd, and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Last night's crowd was great despite what seemed to be a low number. The students definitely showed up in full force and created a hostile environment in the first half.

FUN FACT: The last time 20,000-plus attended a game in BWA was a LSU game on a Saturday in 2005.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

BentonvilleJeff

I've got a feeling maybe as soon as next year if Bobby and Michael come back with who we signed those numbers may be that  large for the non con games with the conf games being a tough ticket to get. Just like the good old days. When I got my season tickets in year one of Walton arena I could only get two seats. I needed four. Had to get on a waiting list for the other two.

LAHogfan123

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on February 13, 2015, 03:09:10 pm
I've got a feeling maybe as soon as next year if Bobby and Michael come back with who we signed those numbers may be that  large for the non con games with the conf games being a tough ticket to get. Just like the good old days. When I got my season tickets in year one of Walton arena I could only get two seats. I needed four. Had to get on a waiting list for the other two.

It'll be a tough sell for CMA to get Bobby to stay after this year if he's looking at everyone saying he's probably going to end up being a lottery pick, that's just to good to pass up.  Does he need to stay and continue to work on his game, yes.  But when that guaranteed money is there, none of us should blame him for leaving.

Mick Hogger

If you want to see Bobby play in a Razorback uniform, you better get a ticket for one of the remaining games.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I hope next year we get more luck with Saturday home games.

Only four of the SEC home games landed on Saturday.

HF#1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 13, 2015, 04:33:03 pm
I hope next year we get more luck with Saturday home games.

Only four of the SEC home games landed on Saturday.

I'll just be happy if we get more 6pm games and less 8pm games.  Especially during the week.  I hate those 8pm games during the week. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Mick Hogger

These 8pm games are killing the chances of central Arkansas being able to show up. It's easier to get off work early and head up than getting in the car and getting out of Fayetteville around 10:30pm
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

MikePiazza

phadedhawg

I see how it could hurt attendance but getting on TV every game has to help exposure. 

thehill1414

I assume this is actual attendance as opposed to paid attendance? I would think paid attendance would be higher for some of these.

MikePiazza

Quote from: thehill1414 on February 25, 2015, 03:34:22 pm
I assume this is actual attendance as opposed to paid attendance? I would think paid attendance would be higher for some of these.

Yeah, it's estimated actual attendance.

MikePiazza

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 13, 2015, 02:50:45 pm
Attendance at BWA in league play in 2014-15

Vandy-16,049 (3 p.m. Sat.)
Ole Miss-18,352 (8 p.m. Sat.)
Alabama-11,528 (8 p.m. Thurs.)
Tennessee-12,753 (8 p.m. Tues.)
S. Carolina-10,019 (8 p.m. Tues.)
Miss. St.-17,404 (3 p.m. Sat.)
Mizzou-12,693 (8 p.m. Weds.)
Texas A&M-16,117 (8 p.m. Tues.)
LSU-18,966 (1 p.m. Sat.)

Nearly 15K average in attendance is solid. Not spectacular, but a good showing overall, especially since there were five 8 p.m. midweek games. The crowd absolutely brought it for the Ole Miss, A&M and LSU games, and unfortunately two of those ended in defeats.

Hopefully next year there will be another Saturday game or two. I'd rather the road games be midweek 8 p.m. games.