Started by Swinesong1, January 06, 2015, 11:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Dang 31 point six assist seven rebounds and seven steals

Swinesong1

hawgmasta

Swinesong1

The_Iceman

Whitt finished with 31 points, 13 rebounds, six assists and seven steals.

DANG!!!

#1 STUNNA

The_Iceman

bigdaddyhawg

Put Whitt with Beard and Babb and that would be some serous stuff for opponents to deal with!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Adam Stokes

Best part of the article, from one of his teammates.

Quote"Sometimes I got to sit back and watch," Blair said of his teammate. "Coach gets onto us about staying in motion and not standing still and watching him, but he's an amazing player, and sometimes you're in awe siting back and seeing what he does."

Danny J

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 07, 2015, 04:18:56 pm
Best part of the article, from one of his teammates.
Similar issue CMA had when BJ was here but being a more established team when Jimmy arrives will help in that regard. He has a wicked cross over.

Swinesong1

Didn't get a win for a birthday present Friday night.  Had 28 pts and 9 rbs in a loss.

rzrbackramsfan

Swinesong1

Swinesong1

36 pts n 10 rbs leading team to 79-73 win today.

Swinesong1

Swinesong1

Scored 35 points in a 75-36 win last night.   Almost outscored an entire team once again.

Pork Twain

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 07, 2015, 02:34:48 pm
Put Whitt with Beard and Babb and that would be some serous stuff for opponents to deal with!!
Other than the fact that we will have no post game.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 21, 2015, 10:48:18 am
Other than the fact that we will have no post game.

What?  Mr. Kingsley is a post player, and at the rate he's improving I'd say he'll be a pretty good one next two years.

And over the years there are tons of examples of great teams built on great guard play that had a defender/rebounder in the post.

That style works pretty good for a pressing/pressure defense team.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Swinesong1

Had 27 points in a 49-68 loss tonight.

Danny J

Can't wait for him to step foot on campus.....

Swinesong1

Had 33 points in a 57-66 loss last night.  Played three games in the invitational and scored 95 points.

Nipsey Mussle

Thanks for all the updates, Swine. +1

Swinesong1

Swinesong1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on January 30, 2015, 11:30:34 pm
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a/184499/whitt-and-hickman-boys-basketball-serve-up-revenge-to-cbc/
After coming up big in revenge game, had to turn around and play in a tourney the next day.  Only scored 15 points on 5-16 shooting.

choppedporkextrasauce

revolution

Swinesong1

Had 20 in 47-61 loss tonight.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 07, 2015, 08:31:12 am
Whitt finished with 31 points, 13 rebounds, six assists and seven steals.

DANG!!!

Quick! Somebody call the police.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Swinesong1

Had 26 points in a 54-64 loss tonight.

BigSexyHog

His team seems to get blown out alot.  Almost like my days in high school, except I wasn't scoring 30 + a game more like 10-12 pts per game
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Swinesong1

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 20, 2015, 11:54:16 pm
His team seems to get blown out alot.  Almost like my days in high school, except I wasn't scoring 30 + a game more like 10-12 pts per game
Seems to be feast or famine.  They either get blown out or win by blowouts.  He is the only returning starter tho.

Rawker

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 20, 2015, 11:54:16 pm

If you're from a place called Hickman, and you score 30-40 a game, there's a good chance you're the only guy in town that can do that.  I.e., prolly not a lot of help (no offense to the kids in Hickman, but c'mon...).

Swinesong1

Quote from: Rawker on February 21, 2015, 12:04:46 am
If you're from a place called Hickman, and you score 30-40 a game, there's a good chance you're the only guy in town that can do that.  I.e., prolly not a lot of help (no offense to the kids in Hickman, but c'mon...).
Columbia, MO is where he's from.  Home of the University.

Rawker

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 21, 2015, 12:07:42 am
Columbia, MO is where he's from.  Home of the University.

Oh.  Well....Hickman needs to get it some business then.  Can't they do like they do in the Little Rock area and just cheat like crazy to get some more players moved over to Hickman?

Swinesong1

Had 26 in last game of regular season.  Lost 66-84.

#1 STUNNA

The problem with Hickman is there is Rock Bridge high school that is about 5 miles away that has a pretty good sports program.university of missouri is right between both schools..

Swinesong1

Had 26 points in 51-42 win yesterday.  On to semis of district.

Swinesong1

Had 36 points in a 60-72 loss tonight.  High school career officially over.

Danny J

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 03, 2015, 10:34:42 pm
Had 36 points in a 60-72 loss tonight.  High school career officially over.
Everybody talking about Monk and rightfully so but IMHO this guy will have more of a impact overall at the UofA. Monk is a legit OAD....Whitt will be around for at least two years and fits our style to a T.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Danny J on March 03, 2015, 10:44:30 pm
Everybody talking about Monk and rightfully so but IMHO this guy will have more of a impact overall at the UofA. Monk is a legit OAD....Whitt will be around for at least two years and fits our style to a T.
His team scored 13 points in the 2nd quarter.  Whitt scored them all.

-Blu

Quote from: Danny J on March 03, 2015, 10:44:30 pm

Whitt should be a 4 year guy.  Don't see him as the type of player that will be able to leave within 2 years.  I would say a guy like Kevaughn Allen has a better chance because of his elite athleticism and his body is NBA ready.  Allen has a Eric Bledsoe/Russell Westbrook type game, NBA loves those type of guys.  Whitt, on the other hand, while athletic, is not an elite athlete, and he's more of a combo guard, will probably play more of the 2 spot in college, his game really fits what CMA does, and should be a great player for us, but don't think a 6'2 170ish (being generous) combo guard as small as he is will be getting much love on draft boards before his junior or senior year.

Danny J

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 03, 2015, 10:58:58 pm
His team scored 13 points in the 2nd quarter.  Whitt scored them all.
Yeah....dude can literally shoot from anywhere. What I really really love about his game is he doesn't force getting to the rim. If it is there then he takes it. If not then he shoots mid-range. If open for a 3 he shoots it but again doesn't force it. He is silky smooth and a legit high IQ basketball player ready to start from day one. He would be my no-brainer starter from the get go. Get him the experience and time to go with Beard and Qualls. Will need a bit of time for that chemistry to develop.