Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

bsking

John Futrall

TuckFexas

Nice work House. Keep it going boys, we're gonna need it!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

kitshicker

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

hogansas

"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

Publius

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 30, 2009, 09:38:54 pm
could cost us the entire regional
IMO...the winner of this game wins the regional...that's why I say throw our best punch at them now and put them in a position of having to beat us twice to win the thing.

I don't care who you have as the next pitcher in line, you DO NOT let Murphy plate 5 runs without getting the one out.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on May 30, 2009, 09:41:34 pm
Not claiming to be a moral compass. Just some words really get me. Misspelled or not.
just say that to me, but don't pull the "holier than thou" card out of the deck when you have a picture of a woman pulling her panties down...self-righteous indignation is not cool in my book
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 09:44:15 pm
IMO...the winner of this game wins the regional...that's why I say throw our best punch at them now and put them in a position of having to beat us twice to win the thing.

hard to say really with our lack of a true #3 starter
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hoggies

sorry for those that disagree...you play to win...simple as that...everything else will fall into place.

Clint Alan

Publius

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 30, 2009, 09:46:26 pm
hard to say really with our lack of a true #3 starter
True...but you sure as hell don't want to have to come out of tonight having to win 3 games as opposed to 1 which is a fact only magnified by lack of a solid #3 guy.  Worse case scenario if we win, is Dallas K throwing on 2 days rest in a rubber game on Monday.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

kingoftherapids

rebelhog1

You got to win baby.No way he should of let 5 runs score before you pull him

Publius

Quote from: Hoggies on May 30, 2009, 09:47:02 pm
sorry for those that disagree...you play to win...simple as that...everything else will fall into place.
Exactly...if you win tonight, you just have to win one more, possibly against WSU and not OU

treeforter

Clint Alan

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Clint Alan

donewithdale

Wasted at bat.  Been killing their relief pitching and we small ball.

chiefsfan

The difference between winning and losing this game is the loser has to win 3 games in 2 days.    The winner has to win 1 game in 2 days

Publius

Boy...sure would like to pick up at least one more this inning and have a 6 run lead going into the 7th

Clint Alan

Publius

mj4president

How many times are the OU guys going to say "these kids, most of them haven't played in front of 4,000 people." Maybe that's the case for OU players. The hogs play with 4,000 in the stands when we are playing Middle Eastern North Dakota St.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

John Futrall

Clint Alan

Publius

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hogfan064

John Futrall

hillbilly

Fire DVH and Todd Butler!? Right??? Who's with me!? Oh wait, none of this tonight? My bad. Guess those people will come out some other night.

Bosshog479

Thanks for posting this guys. I have been playing softball all day up in rogers and have been checking in and out. Thanks guys

Hoggies

by winning tonight we play one of the teams we have OWNED this year...this regional has been so sweet for us...even if we do not win game one tomorrow, we play another...not to worry...we will sweep and win out...but that of course is just my opinion.

trippigs

Quote from: mj4president on May 30, 2009, 09:54:33 pm
How many times are the OU guys going to say "these kids, most of them haven't played in front of 4,000 people." Maybe that's the case for OU players. The hogs play with 4,000 in the stands when we are playing Middle Eastern North Dakota St.

Yep...these guys make you appreciate Chuck and Sunshine. The color guy is a whiner

chiefsfan

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 09:54:24 pm
What in the hell are we doing SAC with a 5 run lead?

Playing the no lead is safe game.  We discovered that last inning rather quickly

No matter the situation, we are better to go to bed 2-0 than 1-1.  Hell, we ralrely get 11 runs in a series and here we got 11 in two thirds of a game and we can numb nutt this thing and still lose.  Five runs without getting an out is just wrong.  If we win tonight, we will get a team having to play twice tomorrow and that should favor us.

John Futrall

Quote from: Bosshog479 on May 30, 2009, 09:56:18 pm
Thanks for posting this guys. I have been playing softball all day up in rogers and have been checking in and out. Thanks guys
http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa

Publius

Quote from: Hoggies on May 30, 2009, 09:56:33 pm
by winning tonight we play one of the teams we have OWNED this year...this regional has been so sweet for us...even if we do not win game one tomorrow, we play another...not to worry...we will sweep and win out...but that of course is just my opinion.
Bingo....we are in a good spot...7 run lead with 9 outs to go....score 3 runs to answer their 5 spot takes a lot of air out of the Sooner Schooner

donewithdale

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 30, 2009, 09:57:10 pm
Playing the no lead is safe game.  We discovered that last inning rather quickly

In this game vs the pitchers the Sooners are sacrificing, no reason to waste outs. 

prisonhog

Quote from: hillbilly on May 30, 2009, 09:56:11 pm
Fire DVH and Todd Butler!? Right??? Who's with me!? Oh wait, none of this tonight? My bad. Guess those people will come out some other night.

We happen to get hot, I am very happy. Does not erase the fact we were hitting .267 coming into this weekend.
"It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, but the size
of the fight in the Hog."

Clint Alan

Lyons

grounds to short

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Oklahoma       1   0   0   0   0   5                   6    7   0
Arkansas        4   0   2   1   3   3                   13  17  0

3 runs, 4 hits, 2 men on

Publius

Quote from: donewithdale on May 30, 2009, 09:58:38 pm
In this game vs the pitchers the Sooners are sacrificing, no reason to waste outs. 
Indeed...we are ripping the cover off of the ball tonight...why give them an out to move a runner up 90 feet?

chiefsfan

Quote from: donewithdale on May 30, 2009, 09:58:38 pm

at the same time though.  1st and 2nd no outs with the way we are hitting.  a succesful bunt might be an easy 2 runs

rzrbackrob

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 30, 2009, 09:53:26 pm
The difference between winning and losing this game is the loser has to win 3 games in 2 days.    The winner has to win 1 game in 2 days

Huge
Good is the enemy of great