Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are you working on right now?

Started by clutch, May 12, 2013, 04:16:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsmo Kramer

Here are some photos of what I'm talking bout. You can wrap the straps around like the first photo or just do it like you would normally.

The other photos also show proper setup and "shelving" for FS, chest out and elbows high which I'm sure you guys already know.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: Hogfly on May 24, 2013, 05:41:16 pm
Bulgarian Split Squat is good as well

Did these yesterday.  They are tough but I like it!

HawgPilot

Im just trying to get back into shape.  I will be 39 in two weeks and just had a physical and was told I needed to lose some weight or get on blood pressure medicine.  Im 6'2 and weighed 245.  I am running 2 days a week and lifitng 2 days a week.

I have done this for the second week and havent yet changed my diet other than drinking more water....

Hawg Balling

Quote from: HawgPilot on May 31, 2013, 11:05:49 am
Im just trying to get back into shape.  I will be 39 in two weeks and just had a physical and was told I needed to lose some weight or get on blood pressure medicine.  Im 6'2 and weighed 245.  I am running 2 days a week and lifitng 2 days a week.

I have done this for the second week and havent yet changed my diet other than drinking more water....

The biggest thing is just getting into a groove and knowing what you can and can't do -- I'm biased, but it's always a good thing to incorporate lifting into a workout regimen to complement aerobic exercise, and it helps melt the weight faster and boost your metabolism.   

Hogfly

Quote from: HawgPilot on May 31, 2013, 11:05:49 am

Unless you just really like running, you can accomplish the same health benefits associated with running (cardio endurance and weight loss) to a greater extent in less time through lifting.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5_fat_loss_workouts.htm

I'd also recommend looking into HIIT training:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=HIIT

If weight loss is your goal, then the diet portion is pretty simple: more exercise, fewer calories. You can accomplish this in a lot of ways. I'm a fan of intermittent fasting, because it's really easy to manage. Some people struggle with it, though.

Basically, figure out your BMR (http://www.hussmanfitness.org/bmrcalc.htm) then take in less than that while getting good exercise. Good luck! It gets harder and harder to keep the weight off as we age. I'll hit 40 this year, and I'm having to get more disciplined with my diet.

HawgPilot

Quote from: Hogfly on May 31, 2013, 12:40:07 pm
Unless you just really like running, you can accomplish the same health benefits associated with running (cardio endurance and weight loss) to a greater extent in less time through lifting.

If weight loss is your goal, then the diet portion is pretty simple: more exercise, fewer calories. You can accomplish this in a lot of ways. I'm a fan of intermittent fasting, because it's really easy to manage. Some people struggle with it, though.

Basically, figure out your BMR (http://www.hussmanfitness.org/bmrcalc.htm) then take in less than that while getting good exercise. Good luck! It gets harder and harder to keep the weight off as we age. I'll hit 40 this year, and I'm having to get more disciplined with my diet.

Hey I appreciate the info!  I lifted this morning and then ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  My primary goal is weight loss.  I just feel fat and sluggish most of the time and I have 2 young kiddos who need me to be more active!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Dr. Starcs

^^^^

Funny. I'm working on your wife's. Lol

clutch

That 2nd link is a good one. I love all the stuff Jim Stoppani puts out. He has some great workouts, and the free printable eBooks are always chalk full of the science behind what he is sugesting, details, and diets. Good stuff.

ATU HOG

Down to 182.  Cardio once or twice a  day everyday, along with a workout and a clean diet.  Loving it

ATU HOG

06/05/13 Meals

Breakfast: Plain oatmeal with 4 scoops of peanut butter and water
Snack:  6 slices of turkey
Lunch: 2 pork chops with green beans and broccoli
Snack: half cup of cheerios ( gave in at work around 3 in the afternoon) & Almonds at 6
Post workout: Whey Protein
Dinner: 4 Chicken tenderloins, egg whites, and broccoli. 

Had water for every meal, except for dinner.  I had a beer to end a long day

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

clutch

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 06, 2013, 08:10:08 pm
My buns.

Speaking of buns....... I've been doing a lot of squats lately. Mine have grown in the good way. Noticed this week that I only have 1 pair of jeans left that fit. The bad side of that is I have to buy knew ones. Forgot how expensive jeans are. I'm going to have to quit growing. I can't afford all the clothes I've had to buy lately.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ATU HOG on June 06, 2013, 09:42:04 am
06/05/13 Meals

Snack: half cup of cheerios ( gave in at work around 3 in the afternoon) & Almonds at 6

nice job man!

Hit 3 weeks in a row now of being able to get in a workout at least 5 days a week (3 days of lifting and 2-3 days of boxing).  Have done will with my diet during the week - eggs for breakfast, salmon for lunch, chicken for dinner (all with some veggies) and nothing but water to drink.  Been trying to focus on a more paleo based diet.  Need to go to the store tonight for some veggies. 

Have struggled some on the weekends - need to cut down to one cheat day instead of two.  However, have definitely toned up my core from the overall healthier diet and the 3 weeks of working out.  Arms, chest, and legs have also gotten much more defined.  Overall, making good progress but need to get a little more discipline on my meals during the weekend.  Also need to try to get 3 days of boxing in instead of just 2, I can tell a difference.

How's everyone else doing? 

Hogfly

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 10, 2013, 04:45:21 pm

How's everyone else doing?

I got down to 190 (heading toward 185), then I went to NYC for a long weekend. Then Memorial Day came, and I went to my mother-in-law's for a long weekend. I bumped up again close to 200. Now, I'm heading back down, but beer season has started for me, which is a constant struggle during the summer.

I'm trying to limit intake during the week, and I need to cut down one weekend night. It' just so tasty.  :-[

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hogfly on June 11, 2013, 08:25:46 am
I got down to 190 (heading toward 185), then I went to NYC for a long weekend. Then Memorial Day came, and I went to my mother-in-law's for a long weekend. I bumped up again close to 200. Now, I'm heading back down, but beer season has started for me, which is a constant struggle during the summer.

I'm trying to limit intake during the week, and I need to cut down one weekend night. It' just so tasty.  :-[

summers can be tough with all the travel/outdoor activities/bbq's - you a big wine fan?  If you can switch out a glass or two of wine instead of a beer or two at night I think it'd make a big difference for ya 

clutch

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 11, 2013, 05:00:28 pm
summers can be tough with all the travel/outdoor activities/bbq's - you a big wine fan?  If you can switch out a glass or two of wine instead of a beer or two at night I think it'd make a big difference for ya 

This may sound crazy, but apparently there are a lot of nutrients in beer that are good for the body right after a workout. Now that's just having a beer or so, not a full 6er.

I would have never thought that, but at most of the 5k/warrior dash/tough mudder type of events they hand out beer at the finish line and say that's the reason. I always thought it was just because they wanted people to have a good time.

ATU HOG

I weighed myself on Monday and I weighed 182.  I'd like to think I might be down below 180 by Monday  :-\  I figure I'll have a cheat meal on Saturday.  Oh well

Breakfast today: Greek Yogurt and a Whey Protein Shake with Milk
Lunch: 3 Tamales
Snack: Greek Yogurt
Post workout: Whey Protein and Allmax Creatine
Dinner: 12 pieces of turkey, 3 eggs over easy, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread.

Today was a different day.  My lunch sucked, but the homemade tamales were great.  It was a long day and I was late for work so I just ate the quickest thing I could.

clutch

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=HIIT.

Started this routine today. Daayyyuumm. It will wear you down. It's a good one. I don't see any way this won't melt fat away like butter. Can't wait to see the results. I don't have much fat on me, but started this routine to cut down what I had for summer. Shouldn't take long with this.

ATU HOG

I'm just ready for the weekend.  It's taking everything in me not to go eat taco bell or buffalo wild wings.  Can't wait to use that meal...or meals lol

Buck Ocean

I got near 200 pounds over the summer, which is probably too heavy for my frame, but it was fun.  The extra muscle means extra fat, especially around the midsection.  My goal since February has been to get rid of it.  I went thru phases of starting every workout with 30 minutes on stairmill, then go thru a normal workout.  I've scaled back on that, and have been going more weights and less cardio because I've lost around 20 pounds since then.  I also hunkered down on the diet.  I drank alcohol for the first time this year in May, and I honestly haven't really had a weekend since then when I haven't touched it. 
Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

I got near 200 pounds over the summer, which is probably too heavy for my frame, but it was fun.  The extra muscle means extra fat, especially around the midsection.  My goal since February has been to get rid of it.  I went thru phases of starting every workout with 30 minutes on stairmill, then go thru a normal workout.  I've scaled back on that, and have been going more weights and less cardio because I've lost around 20 pounds since then.  I also hunkered down on the diet.  I drank alcohol for the first time this year in May, and I honestly haven't really had a weekend since then when I haven't touched it.
Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

Think like a Jedi

Hogsooey

Started training for my first triathlon. Planning on doing it in September. No crazy distances the first go round. The running and biking shouldn't be too big of a deal, but the swimming is going to be a pain. I got in 500 yards a day in the pool the last two days, but I had to take breaks.

ATU HOG

Im under 180 for the first time in 2 years.  Highest I ever got was about 193, but stayed pretty consistent around 185-189.  Whenever I got above 190 I knew it was time to do something different.

I can bench what was my body weight (185) 3 sets of 10 now.  I love that feeling. Getting stronger by the week I feel like.  Cardio once a day at least (try to at least), working out, cleaning up the diet.  Just works wonders.

This past week I have cheated with the working out part, I just completed 9 hours of school and it came down to crunch time and something had to give.  Unfortunately it was some sleep and some working out.  Kept up pretty good with the diet though during the tough stretch. 

This next week I'm taking a vacation, so I plan on cheating just about everyday  ;D  Hope everyone else is doing well

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ATU HOG on June 30, 2013, 08:41:15 pm
Im under 180 for the first time in 2 years.  Highest I ever got was about 193, but stayed pretty consistent around 185-189.  Whenever I got above 190 I knew it was time to do something different.

I can bench what was my body weight (185) 3 sets of 10 now.  I love that feeling. Getting stronger by the week I feel like.  Cardio once a day at least (try to at least), working out, cleaning up the diet.  Just works wonders.

This past week I have cheated with the working out part, I just completed 9 hours of school and it came down to crunch time and something had to give.  Unfortunately it was some sleep and some working out.  Kept up pretty good with the diet though during the tough stretch. 

This next week I'm taking a vacation, so I plan on cheating just about everyday  ;D  Hope everyone else is doing well

Sounds like it's going well, congrats!

I already know this week will be a waste for me.  I plan on getting in two workouts but then it's vacation for the the 4th.  Will try to get some pushups in but we will see and I know my diet will be shot.  I'll be resetting on Monday. 

Speaking of, I am going to start taking two new supplements that I've read about and that apparently have great results.  One is Elevate GF and the other is Nitro Focus NO3.  They have been in Men's Health and a few other magazines and are getting amazing reviews without actually having to workout much.  I figure I couple the supplements with working out 5-6 times a week like I normally do and they should be great.  Here is the Men's Health Review...

http://liftingfitnessmag.com/common/muscle/?source=Erik_Norwood&sub=2&referer=liftingfitnessmag.com

Anyone else tried/know someone who has tried these?  Apparently it's very common among actors and athletes alike

clutch

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on July 01, 2013, 10:55:14 am
Sounds like it's going well, congrats!

I already know this week will be a waste for me.  I plan on getting in two workouts but then it's vacation for the the 4th.  Will try to get some pushups in but we will see and I know my diet will be shot.  I'll be resetting on Monday. 

Speaking of, I am going to start taking two new supplements that I've read about and that apparently have great results.  One is Elevate GF and the other is Nitro Focus NO3.  They have been in Men's Health and a few other magazines and are getting amazing reviews without actually having to workout much.  I figure I couple the supplements with working out 5-6 times a week like I normally do and they should be great.  Here is the Men's Health Review...

http://liftingfitnessmag.com/common/muscle/?source=Erik_Norwood&sub=2&referer=liftingfitnessmag.com

Anyone else tried/know someone who has tried these?  Apparently it's very common among actors and athletes alike

Hope you didn't order that. I've heard and read that it is a scam.

Almost positive it's a scam.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: clutch on July 01, 2013, 12:25:09 pm
Hope you didn't order that. I've heard and read that it is a scam.

Almost positive it's a scam.

definitely didn't order it yet.  Was gonna go to GNC or a shop nearby and see if they had it.  I very rarely order stuff online - esp something like this

clutch

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on July 01, 2013, 01:34:28 pm
definitely didn't order it yet.  Was gonna go to GNC or a shop nearby and see if they had it.  I very rarely order stuff online - esp something like this

Good. Supposedly doesn't work. Not only that, but if you order it from that link they somehow screw you out of a ton of money. I don't really remember how, just remember seeing horror stories posted about it on a fitness forum somewhere.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: clutch on July 01, 2013, 06:50:57 pm
Good. Supposedly doesn't work. Not only that, but if you order it from that link they somehow screw you out of a ton of money. I don't really remember how, just remember seeing horror stories posted about it on a fitness forum somewhere.

thanks for the heads up.  When I clicked the link originally I thought "ya maybe I should just go to GNC and see if they have it there"  My BS radar did go off a bit and I was going to research it more before I bought it but glad you cleared that up for me.

+1

CabotHog87

Quote from: clutch on June 11, 2013, 10:07:19 pm
Started this routine today. Daayyyuumm. It will wear you down. It's a good one. I don't see any way this won't melt fat away like butter. Can't wait to see the results. I don't have much fat on me, but started this routine to cut down what I had for summer. Shouldn't take long with this.

I started this today as well and I think I'm in love with this workout now

clutch

Quote from: CabotHog87 on July 03, 2013, 09:44:29 am
I started this today as well and I think I'm in love with this workout now

It's a love/hate thing with me.

CabotHog87

Quote from: clutch on July 03, 2013, 11:00:28 am
It's a love/hate thing with me.

Hate it while you're doing it, love it after you're done? Same here haha.

CabotHog87

Hey Clutch, I noticed you started that routine a few weeks ago. Have you stuck to it and are you seeing good results?

Ragnar Hogbrok

I've bulked up 10 pounds over the last month and a half.  In 10 days, I begin cutting for when I get home.  Gotta' have that beach body, ya know?  My wife of 10 years and mother of two demands that I be in tip top shape so she can brag to all the other ladies.

She must need her glasses' prescription rechecked.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

clutch

Quote from: CabotHog87 on July 03, 2013, 05:52:22 pm
Hey Clutch, I noticed you started that routine a few weeks ago. Have you stuck to it and are you seeing good results?

Yes great results. I haven't really lost weight, but I haven't been trying. I wasn't heavy by any means. I'm definitely toning up though. It was pure hell for the first couple of weeks because it had been so long since I had done muscular endurance type exercises. Still pretty bad, but getting better. But hey, if it doesn't hurt, it isn't working.

Hogsmo Kramer

July 10, 2013, 03:52:33 pm #86 Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:40:49 pm by Hogsmo Kramer
Have set some very ambitious goals for myself over the next year.

I've been a little unmotivated over the last couple months so bout a month ago I decided to get back to the basics and started lifting heavy again in the squat, dead lift, and bench for the first time in a couple years.

When I say heavy I mean chasing PR's. I've always lifted what most people consider heavy but in the higher rep ranges mostly around 8-12 but I've totally changed focus now and while I still am doing high rep assistance work my main goal is pushing the heavy weight again and setting new PR's in the 1-3 rep range. 

So with that said my goal is to have a 1500 lb. total in all three lifts by this time next year. Not sure if it's achievable or not but I'm not far off from my goal in the bench which helps. As far as the squat and dead I'm not sure what I can truly do as I've laid off really heavy work in those lifts due to a partially herniated disc.

After a lot of prehab and core and posterior chain strengthening I think I'm ready to give it a go again but at 33 I've gotta train smarter than I used to so we'll see.

At the least I'll have a goal in mind and and a plan of attack to achieve it so I should get stronger no matter what which is never a bad thing regardless if I hit 1500.

Oh and I'm planning to attempt this at my current weight of 222lbs., no getting fat just to get stronger.

Wish me luck, I've been feeling really good lately and my weights are shooting up so hopefully that continues and its been quit refreshing to get back to the basics of just pushing pounds and to have a clearly defined goal.

The elegance of simplicity.  :)

Hogfly

Are you doing 5-3-1?

I'm not a power lifter by any means, but I know a lot of people who love Wendler's program. I guess he just put a new book out as well.

Ps: those are some impressive goals. Good luck!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Hogfly on July 11, 2013, 09:56:53 pm
Are you doing 5-3-1?

I'm not a power lifter by any means, but I know a lot of people who love Wendler's program. I guess he just put a new book out as well.

Ps: those are some impressive goals. Good luck!

Thanks man I'm not sure I'll get there but I'm gonna give it hell trying. I'm fairly confident I'll get to 1400 its just that last 100 that's gonna be iffy.

As far as 531 yeah that's what I'm doing and I love it! I'm a total Wendler fan and have seen crazy results on his programs.

Also I actually just downloaded his new ebook the other day and its awesome. It's funny I'm only training with weights twice a week right now (have an 11 month old and working to get my house ready to sale so time is limited) but I'm making progress like I haven't in years and feel great.

Anyway I've mapped out my program based off 531 with my own personal tweaks here and there to keep things fresh and to hopefully keep my body from breaking down to much. Luckily I've been in the game for a while and have learned over the years how to push but not burn out like I used to back in my 20's.

Training smarter AND harder is the name of the game at this point in the journey and hopefully that'll get me to my goal.

Guinness Snout

I just working on losing weight and getting in shape.  On my second week of Rushfit and I like it a lot.  Its a pretty flexable program and it works up a nice sweat.  So I guess I'm pretty much doing full body.  Good luck to everybody and their goals!

NWA Hog11

Quote from: clutch on July 03, 2013, 07:59:38 pm
Yes great results. I haven't really lost weight, but I haven't been trying. I wasn't heavy by any means. I'm definitely toning up though. It was pure hell for the first couple of weeks because it had been so long since I had done muscular endurance type exercises. Still pretty bad, but getting better. But hey, if it doesn't hurt, it isn't working.

on that link that you two reference, which article did you click on? after i clicked on that link, it brought up 16 articles to choose from. i saw one where it said

weeks 1-2
15 sec HIIT
60 sec low intensity workout or rest

weeks 3-4
30 sec HIIT

... for weeks 4-8

But it didnt list any particular moves or exercises to be done with it. sprinting would be a good fit, but that would just work cardio and not necessarily your upper body and core. do you 2 recommend any other HIIT workouts that dont include weights? (i prefer body weight exercises, as it doesnt limit me to a gym, or my house)
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're an Arkansas Razorback fan! GO HOGS!

clutch

Quote from: NWA Hog11 on July 12, 2013, 03:07:26 pm
on that link that you two reference, which article did you click on? after i clicked on that link, it brought up 16 articles to choose from. i saw one where it said

weeks 1-2
15 sec HIIT

weeks 3-4
30 sec HIIT

... for weeks 4-8

But it didnt list any particular moves or exercises to be done with it. sprinting would be a good fit, but that would just work cardio and not necessarily your upper body and core. do you 2 recommend any other HIIT workouts that dont include weights? (i prefer body weight exercises, as it doesnt limit me to a gym, or my house)

Try this link.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html

edit: this is just the link you were trying to get to. Noticed after I posted that you asked about HIIT that doesn't require weights. If I were doing something without weights I would probably just do insanity or p90x or something. Or you could just look up a lot of body weight exercises and make your own routine.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: NWA Hog11 on July 12, 2013, 03:07:26 pm

weeks 1-2
15 sec HIIT

weeks 3-4
30 sec HIIT

... for weeks 4-8

If you like BW exercises you might also look into buying some rings.

I've had some for about 4 years and they're awesome for upper body and core work and aren't to expensive ($60 when I bought them). You can hang them on a pull up bar, tree limb, playground, etc. and they easily fit in a back pack.

I used to go for a jog with them in a back pack and stop at a playground, do my workout, then pack them up and jog back home. Simple and effective.

Heck even now with my current goals I still use them for dips, pull ups, core work, etc.

They're a great tool if you've never tried them and one I'd definitely buy again.

Hogfly

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on July 12, 2013, 03:48:29 pm
If you like BW exercises you might also look into buying some rings.

I've had some for about 4 years and they're awesome for upper body and core work and aren't to expensive ($60 when I bought them). You can hang them on a pull up bar, tree limb, playground, etc. and they easily fit in a back pack.

I used to go for a jog with them in a back pack and stop at a playground, do my workout, then pack them up and jog back home. Simple and effective.

Heck even now with my current goals I still use them for dips, pull ups, core work, etc.

They're a great tool if you've never tried them and one I'd definitely buy again.

I've considered going gymnastics style with my fitness goals, working on planches, rings, and things of that nature. It just looks like it would be a lot of frustration before ever attaining any success.

Also: There are a lot of BW programs out there. The one that is getting a lot of buzz right now (due to the association with Dragon Door) is Convict Conditioning.
http://www.amazon.com/Convict-Conditioning-Weakness-Using-Survival-Strength/dp/0938045768

Lots of web resources as well, but I just linked the book.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Hogfly on July 12, 2013, 06:08:50 pm
I've considered going gymnastics style with my fitness goals, working on planches, rings, and things of that nature. It just looks like it would be a lot of frustration before ever attaining any success.

Also: There are a lot of BW programs out there. The one that is getting a lot of buzz right now (due to the association with Dragon Door) is Convict Conditioning.
http://www.amazon.com/Convict-Conditioning-Weakness-Using-Survival-Strength/dp/0938045768

Lots of web resources as well, but I just linked the book.

Ha I've been there myself and actually gave it a shot. Planches are hard as a mofo and I never actually got them down. I got to where I could support myself and let my legs out but only with my knees bent but when I'd try to fully extend I'd eat it so your right about the frustration factor.

Heck it took me like a month to finally do my first muscle up on the rings then once I got good at them I almost tore my Bicep doing them so I stopped since the risk of tearing a Bicep wasn't worth the reward I got from muscle ups. It also prob didn't help that I weigh round 220 or so either.

That said though I still love the rings. I've got a heavy weighted vest I can wear for weighted push-ups, pull-ups, dips, etc. and flyes are no joke with rings.

From my experience the more advanced moves definitely take a while to master but there's plenty of alternatives and progressions to help you get there and you still get a tremendous workout in the process.

fantana

Abs, my biggest neglect...specially now that its summer and Im at the pool, the lake or floating every weekend.

H&D

I'm just going to start doing Wendler's 5/3/1 at the start of next week.  Not really sure how military press is going to go after the shoulder surgery, I guess I will find out.  I'm just going to start off beyond light and go up slow.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

fantana

Quote from: ATU HOG on June 06, 2013, 09:42:04 am
06/05/13 Meals

+1 for the PB and oatmeal...never woulda thought of that till you posted it and after I tried it this morning its gonna be my new everyday breakfast

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: H&D on July 13, 2013, 09:09:14 pm
I'm just going to start doing Wendler's 5/3/1 at the start of next week.  Not really sure how military press is going to go after the shoulder surgery, I guess I will find out.  I'm just going to start off beyond light and go up slow.

You might try using dumbells if the barbell hurts.

I seperated my shoulder(AC joint) a couple years back and that's what I did til I could use the barbell again. Of course I couldn't go as heavy but I still got some pressing work in without wrecking my shoulder. 

Also 531 is awesome, if you like lifting heavy you'll love it. One bit of advice I'd give though is to be patient. It's a slow progression but steady and if you go out to hard at the beginning you'll stall early which I learned from experience.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Good luck!

H&D

July 14, 2013, 04:04:07 pm #99 Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:37:26 am by H&D
Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on July 14, 2013, 12:26:00 pm
You might try using dumbells if the barbell hurts.

I seperated my shoulder(AC joint) a couple years back and that's what I did til I could use the barbell again. Of course I couldn't go as heavy but I still got some pressing work in without wrecking my shoulder. 

Also 531 is awesome, if you like lifting heavy you'll love it. One bit of advice I'd give though is to be patient. It's a slow progression but steady and if you go out to hard at the beginning you'll stall early which I learned from experience.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Good luck!

Last week I kinda did a very light trial run just to see if I could do the moves.  Military was the tough one, do to the nature of my shoulder injury.  Dumbbells or Barbell, it doesn't matter, military press is going to suck.  I need a Yolk Bar for Squats, but I can get by with my bar and straps for now (I can't get my hand that far behind my head, and during front squats the bar rest on my incision scar), it won't be a problem until the weight starts getting up there.  If anyone has a rack-able yolk bar for a good price pm me.   
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"