Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Lashlee is moving on from Aubbie

Started by ricepig, January 11, 2017, 08:48:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2017, 11:45:00 am
well you knew if he got a Qb to save him, he would be a transfer from somewhere, Gus' record with recruiting qb's right out of HS is pretty dismal.

Stidham is a good QB but the "next cam newton" he is not.  I would lay money that Stidham doesn't survive past game 7 of next season.  The guy has already been season ending injured once.  And 190 lbs isn't big enough to take the beating he is going to take.

The OTR

Quote from: Beardog on January 11, 2017, 11:01:22 pm
Lashlee is a good Coach trapped in a tough situation. Gust stayed loyal to his QB from Shiloh and Rhett probably wanted to prove himself somewhere else. There's former Auburn connections up there and the offense he has now has pretty much peaked.

Since UCONN won't affect us in any way, I hope he succeeds on his own. He's relaxed and basically the polar opposite demeanor of Gus. Absolutely not a mini BP.

Harry Rex! Welcome back!  :D

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on January 12, 2017, 11:48:39 am
Stidham is a good QB but the "next cam newton" he is not.  I would lay money that Stidham doesn't survive past game 7 of next season.  The guy has already been season ending injured once.  And 190 lbs isn't big enough to take the beating he is going to take.

his performance is yet to be seen, and I agree about questioning his durability, I just meant that IF he does save Gus it will yet again be using someone he did not recruit, or at least sign, out of hs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2017, 11:57:21 am
his performance is yet to be seen, and I agree about questioning his durability, I just meant that IF he does save Gus it will yet again be using someone he did not recruit, or at least sign, out of hs.

oh yeah i definitely agree with that, i am just surprised so many people are pointing to this kid as some kind of savior.  i mean he is a 4 star duel threat QB that had stat success in the heavily Offensive Big12 during Baylor's hay day i mean who couldnt score in that offense against those defenses?

Shawn White was a 4 star as well and people act like Stidham is twice the QB White is/was.  Physically they don't seem much different maybe Stidham is faster, but he is going to get crushed by SEC defenses for 3 yard gains.

tophawg19

3 x 350,000 is better than 1 x 600,000 . and if he can produce 2 good years there he can move up. Riding a sinking ship at Auburn might put him in a position to have to start at an even lower level and work up. There may be something coming and he knew it and wanted out before his name got damaged .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Beardog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2017, 08:15:11 am
yet anther poster who is registered for almost a year before making his 1st post, and when he does it is a glowing endorsement of a coach at another school.  Seems to happen alot around here.

I'm all hog, don't get that twisted, but nobody was bothered by Rhett when he was here with Gus. I've been around him and Gus and I'm personally interested to see Rhett  lead an offense for the 1st time since Samford.

I'd honestly like to talk about our coaches but we're in limbo right now after two offers for CRS and nothing regarding our DL coach.

woodhog14

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 12, 2017, 11:01:30 am
Why do you feel the need to insult a part of our state?  This isn't the first time you have done it.  I've lived all over the state.  I chose to settle in Northwest Arkansas because I love what the area offers.  Economic growth, good schools, the great outdoors, heck, we're even starting to get some culture up in these here hills.  If you don't want to live up here that's fine and dandy, but I don't understand the need to insult fellow Razorback fans because of where they live.
Exactly. It's constant from him.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 12, 2017, 08:40:24 am
Is it safe to say he didn't consider the Fayetteville High School opening?

I bet he wouldn't have gotten it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GolfnHog

If Art Briles comes in as the OC and Stidham (his former Baylor QB) gets the job then the RL being moved out makes a bit more sense and adds merit to the plains rumors.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: GolfnHog on January 12, 2017, 05:18:59 pm
If Art Briles comes in as the OC and Stidham (his former Baylor QB) gets the job then the RL being moved out makes a bit more sense and adds merit to the plains rumors.
Auburn has already announced they will not even interview Art.  Now Kendal on the other hand...

PossumFan

I remember on "Cheers" when Rebecca said she attended Connecticut, and one of the guys _ can't recall which one _ asked, "What is their mascot? The Fighting Insurance Salesmen?" Since then, I've always thought of that as their nickname. :-)

LZH

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 12, 2017, 11:01:30 am
Why do you feel the need to insult a part of our state?  This isn't the first time you have done it.  I've lived all over the state.  I chose to settle in Northwest Arkansas because I love what the area offers.  Economic growth, good schools, the great outdoors, heck, we're even starting to get some culture up in these here hills.  If you don't want to live up here that's fine and dandy, but I don't understand the need to insult fellow Razorback fans because of where they live.

Hillbilly....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PossumFan on January 12, 2017, 10:02:15 pm
I remember on "Cheers" when Rebecca said she attended Connecticut, and one of the guys _ can't recall which one _ asked, "What is their mascot? The Fighting Insurance Salesmen?" Since then, I've always thought of that as their nickname. :-)

Was that the episode that Cliff handcuffed himself to his mom's house?
Ha!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 11, 2017, 10:43:48 pm
Gus doesn't need an OC.  Just needs an assistant beside him keeping him stocked up with chewing gum.... :)
AKA Scapegoat

LZH

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 13, 2017, 07:35:26 am
Absolutely.

Ha! Hey, my daughter grew up in Desha County, which is about as flat as it gets. She has been down here in FL countless times and we have been all over Orlando, Miami, and of course the Tampa Bay area. I have told her that there is big money and many opportunities down here.....she's seen it firsthand. But she swears that when she gets out of law school that she wants to live in NWA. Home is where the heart is, and there ain't a damn thing wrong with that.

ShadowHawg

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

311Hog

I wonder if Gus will let him take a stack of the flash cards, i mean the play book.