Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Predictions 10 - 2

Started by NorCalRazorback, September 03, 2015, 10:47:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCalRazorback

Believe it!  I think we have the stuff to do this.  Here's why:

- Defense is physical, fast and more experienced.
- D-Line can go all day long and punish quarterbacks and running backs.
- Linebackers have speed and our scheme pushes to the weak side...where we are strong.
- Corners and Safeties understand the scheme, have speed and are now "nasty".
- Receivers are vastly upgraded.
- Tight Ends... do we need to say more.
- Running Backs... AC is proven, RWIII will be the new phenom and be Freshman of the Year.
- QB play is supposed to be better, and we have a 3 year starter.

By the way, if you're in Northern California and wanna watch the game on Saturday with some Real Razorback fans, hit me on twitter @Red_Razorback
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Hog Fan from Camden

If LSU does not solve there QB problems we will win that game too!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NorCalRazorback on September 03, 2015, 10:47:51 am

- Linebackers have speed and our scheme pushes to the weak side...where we are strong.
- Running Backs... AC is proven, RWIII will be the new phenom and be Freshman of the Year.

By the way, if you're in Northern California and wanna watch the game on Saturday with some Real Razorback fans, hit me on twitter @Red_Razorback
no way we lose to LSU. That makes us 11-1.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DiamondHogFan

You listed all positive reason why we will be 10-2.

What is our downfall in the 3 point losses to Bama and LSU?  Bad breaks, simply being on the road the difference?

Not arguing with your prediction, just curious as to why those are the 2 games we lose.

NorCalRazorback

I think there is always some "home town cooking" when we play in Alabama.  There will be some play that should be a touchdown but a late piece of yellow laundry will wipe it out - or - there will be some interception from our Defense, that will get called back... Whatever, it seems to always happen that way in Bama.  There is no way that "the guys that run the SEC" are going to let Arkansas come into Alabama and let Bama get beat at homecoming.   The LSU factor - Death Valley, great athletes, great game and a trap game sandwiched between Ole Miss and Miss State.  By that time an injury will plague us a bit, and could cause us a loss.
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on September 03, 2015, 11:04:49 am
If LSU does not solve there QB problems we will win that game too!

That's why I have us at 11-1.

wildturkey8

I actually think Ole Miss in Oxford is a difficult game for us.  Hogs have never played particularly well there.  Of course, they are all difficult in the SEC.

DiamondHogFan

I like having the bye week between Alabama and Auburn.  Alabama is obviously our biggest hurdle through the first half of the season, so win or lose it will be a good time for a break.

I think we beat Auburn by 2 scores.  Ole Miss will be a swing game at the end of the year.  I think if we win that one, we win the rest.

If we lose to Ole Miss, LSU will be a tough game to see how the players react facing possibly 2 straight road losses.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going with 9-3.  That may end up contradicting my above statements, but I just think we lose 3 of our 4 road games.  Will still be a very good season for a very good football team, our road schedule is just going to be a gauntlet.

GB-Razorback

Well, my friend, you said 10-3 last year with a Cotton Bowl win.  Probably a bit optimistic.

I agree with you this year but we will need a few things to go our way during the season.  I think that we had so many small things go against us last year that lead to losses in close games (fumble at the 0 yard line vs. Bama that would have sealed the deal - ugh!) that Lady Luck owes us a few this year.

Oh and by, "My friend", I mean literally ... NorCalRazorback and I live 2 miles from each other and will be calling the Hawgs together whenever possible during the season.  If you get to the Sacramento area and are looking for a place to watch a game, PM me and we will hook you up!

Woo Pig Sooie!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

wildturkey8

But since we are making optimistic predictions.  I will just say, 15-0. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ;D 

hview

The SEC West is so strong.  8 - 4 or 9 - 3 may be a good season. We'll be competitive in every game, with a chance to win every game. Yet, some of these games will be a war, with both teams evenly matched. We're not going to dominate some of the top teams in the conference. Field position, kicking game, minimizing turnovers, and reducing mistakes may be the deciding factor in some of the VERY closely matched games.   

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: GB-Razorback on September 03, 2015, 11:36:41 am
Well, my friend, you said 10-3 last year with a Cotton Bowl win.  Probably a bit optimistic.

I agree with you this year but we will need a few things to go our way during the season.  I think that we had so many small things go against us last year that lead to losses in close games (fumble at the 0 yard line vs. Bama that would have sealed the deal - ugh!) that Lady Luck owes us a few this year.

Oh and by, "My friend", I mean literally ... NorCalRazorback and I live 2 miles from each other and will be calling the Hawgs together whenever possible during the season.  If you get to the Sacramento area and are looking for a place to watch a game, PM me and we will hook you up!

Woo Pig Sooie!

I am so excited for our first game... cannot wait to watch the Hogs start beating up on people.  See you Saturday!

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

verticalhog

Quote from: hview on September 03, 2015, 11:45:31 am
The SEC West is so strong.  8 - 4 or 9 - 3 may be a good season. We'll be competitive in every game, with a chance to win every game. Yet, some of these games will be a war, with both teams evenly matched. We're not going to dominate some of the top teams in the conference. Field position, kicking game, minimizing turnovers, and reducing mistakes may be the deciding factor in some of the VERY closely matched games.   
I watched the SEC network previews of Tennessee and Texas A&M last night and they made good cases for both of them being very good.  The "experts" on the shows predicted that the Hogs would lose to both of those teams. We all know that we can't afford to lose our QB so let's assume he stays healthy all season.  I have never seen the SEC have this kind of parity and I could see how the Hogs could be anywhere from 8 - 0 to 0 - 8 in the conference.  I would not consider either a win or a loss in any conference game this year to be much of an "upset."  It's going to be a VERY interesting year!

HogFansReunited

UTEP is way better than Toledo and UT Martin.  If we beat UTEP by that much, we will smash both the other teams.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

nchogg

The way I look at it is that we learned how it felt to win an SEC game last year. Getting the boot and all the new comers seeing it daily with the other players telling them how it felt will be an incentive for them. As they say about all the teams that run the no huddle offense that defenses will be on the field too long. We are now starting to play smash mouth football the way Bama played. Coach B wants to control the line of scrimmage and keep the opponents offense off the field. I feel we have a defense that can shut down the no huddle offense for the most part with defense 1a and 1b. I like the predictions from the posters and would love to see things play out like that this year. I am a die hard hog fan and ready to see us play Saturday. One game at a time.  Go Hogs!

YtownHog

I'm sticking with 8-4 and win our bowl game for 9 wins.  It's continued improvement.  Our road games are extremely difficult this year.  Beat UT on the road and ATM in Dallas then look out.  Could we win 10 or 11?  We certainly can and I sure hope we do it!  I'd gladly admit my ignorance!

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 03, 2015, 03:22:38 pm
UTEP is way better than Toledo and UT Martin.  If we beat UTEP by that much, we will smash both the other teams.

But look at where we are in the schedule... this game can be like a bye week and let the starters play a quarter and then rest.  Give the 2's and 3's more "pure time" (not mop up time) which limits our upside score.

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Hoggard

I feel like A&M and Auburn will be our two biggest challenges and possibly our only loses. I don't see us loosing to LSU and this is likely our year to finally get Bama.
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

HammusArkansus

If we can get the goal line '3 yards and a cloud of astroturf', we'll be 9-3.  I'd like to think that we can and will, but after last years 'biggest line' hype, I'll wait until they prove it.   

Cinco de Hogo

It's all in the doing man, all in the doing.

I got us at 9-3 but I believe we can win every game.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 03, 2015, 03:22:38 pm

UTEP vs Toledo would be a good game.

DLUXHOG

I have us at 12-0.....  Why?  Not a second of play for any game has ticked off yet, so.... realistically we have chance, today,  to win every game.... a chance...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The Kig

Poker Porker

New Mexico Hog

15-0 I will figure out how to get tickets to the National Championship game and then after I get back from the game I will use the money I won betting on the hogs to win the title a couple of weeks ago(38-1 odds) to pay off my credit card bill.

The Kig

Poker Porker

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: New Mexico Hog on September 04, 2015, 12:36:03 am
15-0 I will figure out how to get tickets to the National Championship game and then after I get back from the game I will use the money I won betting on the hogs to win the title a couple of weeks ago(38-1 odds) to pay off my credit card bill.

Donate your money to me. I will put it to better use than Vegas will.

8-4 would be a good season, with a chance at 9-3

ChiTown27

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Hoggard

Quote from: ChiTown27 on September 04, 2015, 01:52:50 am
This year, we stomp Bama. Mark it.

I can see this. IMO Saban is making a big mistake with his if you can't beat em join em offensive philosophy. Bama had an identity. Smash mouth football. Dance with what brought you Nick. A pro style offense, solid defense wins every time. Nicks problem is he isn't very good at developing his QB's. Its also leading to Les Miles demise. Frankly it was the best thing about that snake Petrino. I'm telling you guys if Enos can develop our QB's we are going to own the SEC.
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

westside_player

7-5.

Guaranteed losses;

@alabama
@lsu
Auburn

Probable losses;
@Ole Miss
@Tennessee

Probable wins;
Texas A&M
Missouri
Mississippi State

wins;
all the other games

The chances of winning one of the probable losses is most likely the same is losing one of the probable wins.

shotgun7

I could really see us going anywhere from 8-4 to 12-0 it just depends on if we catch any of the breaks this year and can avoid the costly game changing mistakes that cost us a couple of games last year. anything less than 8 wins would hurt though....  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

RazorWild

Everyone on this board is underestimating the Aggies.  They will score points and Chavis is kind of a big deal.  Still think we can win that game, but still makes me nervous

hoghiker

Quote from: westside_player on September 04, 2015, 04:34:35 pm
7-5.

Guaranteed losses;

@alabama
@lsu
Auburn

Probable losses;
@Ole Miss
@Tennessee

Probable wins;
Texas A&M
Missouri
Mississippi State

wins;
all the other games

The chances of winning one of the probable losses is most likely the same is losing one of the probable wins.

You an optimist by nature or just when it comes to the Hogs?

TXrazorback

My prediction is 10-12, but we could have a biggers season than that if things go well.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

NorCalRazorback

New Picks are out... 10 - 2! 
Defense is way improved... D-Line creates more pressure, Secondary gets more turnovers, 3rd downs don't convert
Offense picks up where Enos left it... Austin has a stronger arm, Devwah has more speed, Receivers and TE's are legit

Bama has no QB (heard that from an insider)
TCU is overrated and doesn't have experience
Ole Miss could be another win - depends on what happens there, they are head cases
Mississippi State doesn't have Dak

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

DeltaBoy

I see us over due to beat the Aggies cause History is against TAMU being good very long.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.