Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9-26 through 10-10

Started by Dr. Pepper, September 02, 2015, 09:50:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Pepper

I, like many, believe this will be the stretch of the season that will make the difference in a good, great, or possibly average season for the Razorbacks.  Arkansas essentially plays 3 consecutive conference road games against what will probably be all ranked opponents.  How do you see this stretch shaking out?  I'll say that Alabama in T-Town is almost certainly a loss, but I'll optimistically predict that the other two are close wins that could go either way.
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

threeNout

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 02, 2015, 09:50:21 pm
I'll say that Alabama in T-Town is almost certainly a loss, but I'll optimistically predict that the other two are close wins that could go either way.

although I also penciled in Bama as a loss, it is far from certain to me, we haven't even seen them, or us, play yet.

it is a critical stretch, agreed there, anything from 0-3 to 3-0 is possible in my book at this stage.

Biggus Piggus

I don't feel compelled to set expectations. The sense of calm I have about this season is unlike anything I remember. In 1998, many of us on the list server (pre-message board) were cautiously optimistic, could see the talent on the team, but afraid to be let down. We also had something of a read on the rest of the SEC, that the schedule might be less than fearsome. The worry games were what, Tennessee and Kentucky? Different times, when we worried more about the East than the West.

Fans needed that team to hammer Alabama before they really jumped on board. This one has more obvious reasons for optimism, but the schedule is more imposing. Show me a good, solid football team, and if we get beat, it will take the best to do it. Then I'm satisfied.
[CENSORED]!