Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For me, this season will be one of a kind

Started by Biggus Piggus, September 02, 2015, 12:19:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

This is the watershed season for Razorback football under Bret Bielema, for me. This is the year when, as a fan, I go in with wide-open expectations. Happy that the Hogs are looking competitive. Not expecting this to be the finished product, the pinnacle of where Arkansas could go.

It is obvious that the Razorbacks need some luck if they are to have a great season. Bad luck could drag them down considerably below great. This is not the season when I have to say Arkansas must win X number of games for me to be happy. In the future, this will be true no longer, I suspect.

This feels like the most unpredictable SEC season since Arkansas joined the league. Not just for Arkansas, for everybody. The range of possibilities for every team seems wider than usual, so in aggregate the lack of predestination is exciting. It's not obviously Alabama vs. LSU for preeminence. It's not obviously anything.

This season is so crazy, we have somebody like Kirk Herbstreit totally freaking out and deciding that LSU -- a team with serious question marks -- should win the SEC and go to the playoff. Why LSU? Probably because absolutely nobody else was talking about LSU. The whole prediction game is crazy this year. Nothing close to a consensus view.

I'm thinking more and more that the SEC champion will have a couple of losses and fall short of the playoff. This is the season for that to happen. Maybe Georgia can win the East with only one ding and beat a surprise West winner, but that would be a longshot. Expect the SEC to be a major pileup.

Going into fall 2015, I feel like anything could happen -- bad or good. It is going to be quite a few games before we really understand how the Razorbacks will look against different matchups. How the Hogs' preseason preparation stacks up vs. the competition matters for a while, but then the challenge changes. By SEC time, the challenge is how to prepare during game weeks, how to compensate for injuries that remove starters and dings and bruises that slow starters, how to recognize tendencies (theirs and ours) and use that knowledge, how to keep every aspect of the team sharp.

We fans always fail to understand how much of the weekly results stems from personnel shortcomings, how much from injuries, how much from coaching. In our observation, we lack so much of the context. Our emotions send us over the edge - usually at the wrong time.

This is going to be a brutally competitive season. Somebody will crack along the way. Last year, LSU and Ole Miss cracked for us. Our QB vulnerability opened the door for Missouri to win the East. Things will happen out of the blue that will decide which team ascends to the top. The preseason view will prove deceptive.

I'm going to enjoy this season with all of its rollercoaster ride, recognizing that from here on out, the expectations will be only higher. This is Arkansas's year to be the wild card.
[CENSORED]!

Dark Helmet Hog

Nice read.

If this does turn out to be the season where the SEC champion doesn't make the playoff, the call to push the playoff to 8 teams will quickly become loud and clear.

gmarv

good read there biggus.its a season that's time has come I have high hopes for our hogs.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

GolfnHog

Great thoughts and what I've come to realize is, CBB finally has brought the Hogs into the parity of the SEC where these views should be and  are the norm now. It truly is a feeling of "on any given Saturday"
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

WarPig88

My concerns for this season are this.

If it is not a big season, then when can we expect one? We have an experienced and talented O line, a 3 year starter at qb, all american TE, weapons on the edge, nfl running back, experience in the defensive secondary and depth of talent along the d line. Linebacker play is a little iffy but there will always be question marks for any team in some area.

The schedule isn't very favorable though.

I just wonder if we don't excel this season with all the positives we have in place, then why should there be reason to believe it will be better in the future?

Do not take this as a critical attack. I am not predicting failure at all, just asking other than Lb and schedule, how can things ever be better than this season?

a0ashle

Quote from: WarPig88 on September 02, 2015, 12:34:09 pm

If it is not a big season, then when can we expect one? We have an experienced and talented O line, a 3 year starter at qb, all american TE, weapons on the edge, nfl running back, experience in the defensive secondary and depth of talent along the d line. Linebacker play is a little iffy but there will always be question marks for any team in some area.

I just wonder if we don't excel this season with all the positives we have in place, then why should there be reason to believe it will be better in the future?

Do not take this as a critical attack. I am not predicting failure at all, just asking other than Lb and schedule, how can things ever be better than this season?

I think with what CBB is building here, we need to change our mindset away from the "Stars needing to align" attitude of old, we are turning into a reloading team, and no longer a rebuilding team.

WarPig88

Quote from: a0ashle on September 02, 2015, 12:42:53 pm
I think with what CBB is building here, we need to change our mindset away from the "Stars needing to align" attitude of old, we are turning into a reloading team, and no longer a rebuilding team.

We won't be reloading a three year starter at qb every year or experienced O linemen. Experience is extremely valuable and even when you do reload in talent, it's hard to replace the experience. This is true for any program.

TOM "tbw1"

Valid questions.  We are going to have to reach a point where we have quality depth at all positions.  We don't have questions at LB, IMHO, we have real needs. 

To win the SEC West we are going to have to recruit smartly and fill needs.  For the first time as a fan we are making recruiting a major emphasis both who we have hired to recruit and the money we place at their disposal.  This was true under Coach Broyles in the 60s  At the same time we have gone to hiring good coaches and not good ole boys.   http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=140529.0

Where do I see the program going?  In year three under Coach Broyles we went to the Cotton Bowl for the first time in six years.  However in 1962 1964 1965 1966 1968 and 1969 we lost only eight ball games. 

We also were in the national title hunt in 62, 65 and 69.  We won our only national title in 1964.  We won 22 games in a row 25 out of 26.  Our 68, 69, 70 quarterback Bill Montgomery was 29-5.

To win in the SEC West we will need coaches, players and a little luck  We are headed that way.

There is an old saying We ain't where we want to be, We ain't where we'r gonna be but thank goodness we ain't where we were.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

PorkSoda

I agree, the range of possibilities is wider than ever before.  just about any team can challenge for the west this year.  Hopefully, we got our bad luck out of the way early.  If we do have early success, I will definitely be interested to see how well BB keeps the team focused and not worrying about 'getting respect'
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

a0ashle

Quote from: WarPig88 on September 02, 2015, 12:44:36 pm
We won't be reloading a three year starter at qb every year or experienced O linemen. Experience is extremely valuable and even when you do reload in talent, it's hard to replace the experience. This is true for any program.

You are right, every program needs to replace experience, but the good ones figure out a way to make it not matter all that much. I think we are setup to be right there every year, whether we lose a 3 year starting QB or not.

All I am saying is that we are built differently now then Razorback teams of the recent past, its not feast or famine, we will be eating well every year.

bphi11ips

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on September 02, 2015, 12:53:38 pm
Valid questions.  We are going to have to reach a point where we have quality depth at all positions.  We don't have questions at LB, IMHO, we have real needs. 

To win the SEC West we are going to have to recruit smartly and fill needs.  For the first time as a fan we are making recruiting a major emphasis both who we have hired to recruit and the money we place at their disposal.  This was true under Coach Broyles in the 60s  At the same time we have gone to hiring good coaches and not good ole boys.   http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=140529.0

Where do I see the program going?  In year three under Coach Broyles we went to the Cotton Bowl for the first time in six years.  However in 1962 1964 1965 1966 1968 and 1969 we lost only eight ball games. 

We also were in the national title hunt in 62, 65 and 69.  We won our only national title in 1964.  We won 22 games in a row 25 out of 26.  Our 68, 69, 70 quarterback Bill Montgomery was 29-5.

To win in the SEC West we will need coaches, players and a little luck  We are headed that way.

There is an old saying We ain't where we want to be, We ain't where we'r gonna be but thank goodness we ain't where we were.

If anyone needs a reminder that Bielema is in the middle - not at the end - of a complete rebuild in his own image, all they need to do is look at the depth chart.  It's STRONG in places, but by-and-large, the Razorbacks are still a young team, especially in the trenches where Bielema's philosophy is grounded in fourth and fifth year players (granted some, like Kirkland, will only be here 3 years).

We are optimistic about our 5th year senior QB and the relative lack of experience at the QB position around the league.  We believe the hype about the O-line and the running game but forget that our most complete back is gone and that we averaged only 131 ypg rushing in SEC games in 2014  - 9th in the conference.  There's a reason we're picked my most to finish in the middle of the SEC West, and near the bottom by a few.  We should be one of the top 20 or 25 best teams in the country, but so will every other member of the West.  And we have only three true home conference games, with 4 road games against teams we almost never beat on the road. 

Absolutely agree with Biggus.  This is the most excited I've been the week before the first game maybe ever.  Not because I expect great success, but because I expect every week to be like opening the biggest Christmas present under the tree.  One where I've been trying to figure out for weeks what's inside.  You can't predict what's going to happen this season by shaking the box. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Biggus Piggus

I have absolutely zero concerns about this season. Let it play out.
[CENSORED]!

HogWall Jackson

September 02, 2015, 01:25:25 pm #13 Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:49:03 pm by HogWall Jackson
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 02, 2015, 01:16:28 pm
I have absolutely zero concerns about this season. Let it play out.

I agree. One thing I do expect this year though, we will win a few games on the Road this time around. Maybe more than a few?

Hawgzinbowlz

Good post. We'll be the wildcard.

Death Valley isn't the only place where dreams die...in '15 playing The Hogs will cause some dreams to die.

We may even jump up and make a run to Atlanta...and if not this year, it's coming.

" GO HOGS "

hawginbigd1

AGENDA

jgphillips3

We need to get to the LSU level where our expected floor is 8 wins (and 7 is a disaster) and every so often we have everything needed for a title.  I'd prefer to get to Bama levels where double digit wins are expected and 9 wins was a bad season but that's unrealistic.

The NewEra

Biggus, that was a good read.  I'm with your train of thought for the most part.  What excites me most about our team is that since Coach B has been here, with only a couple of exceptions our Hogs have gotten better every week.  We have been considerably better at the end of the year than the beginning.  If we can go into Alabama undefeated I think it could be a very good year.  If we happen to lose before that then it could be very rocky.  I do expect us to win at least eight in regular season play, but as you mentioned, I'm going to sit back and enjoy every minute of every game and know the future will continue to be bright as long as Bielema is here.

Hawgey-Davidson

I hope this season is one of a kind as well. 3 conference home games? Come on. We GOT to win on the road. When we do that, we have arrived. Super stoked about this season though. We win 10, Im good.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Biggus Piggus

You know that defense depth chart? Twenty-two of those players will probably return for the 2016 season.

Offense will have some reconstruction to do, but I really like the direction of the Oline. Depth at receiver is fine. Lots of tight ends young and not-so-young. Main question is what kind of running back can be brought in to bolster the backfield. Quarterback situation ought to be fine. Not concerned.

Offense doesn't have total visibility but looks OK. Defense looks unusually good.

We're in year three of a program designed to bring in the right kinds of talent and build them up bit by bit. The program improves with age. Depth improves as the pipeline fills out. It won't be really mature for another year or two. This is a program now.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

I pray for a day when we get a real BAMA like Schedule.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

presidenthog

I actually like the schedule. I wish we had more home games but this is my reasoning. we will play 3 cup cakes to work out the kinks.

then we play against what I feel is one of the two worst in the west and the least physical of them all in a&m. we will destroy them this year. then we get UT which is a step up in competition. then we get BAMA early for them with a new qb. it's early but not too early.

then we get an auburn team who will be stupid young on defense after a bye. I like the hogs here.

if we get through this with only 1 loss the only one that scares me from there is lsu. if lsu plays bama the week before and loses we have a good chance of beating them again.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 02, 2015, 02:34:32 pm
...We're in year three of a program designed to bring in the right kinds of talent and build them up bit by bit. The program improves with age. Depth improves as the pipeline fills out. It won't be really mature for another year or two. This is a program now.

When we hired Bielema I would have been happy reaching this stage by year 4 or 5

hammer66

some teams do it. Alabama seems to be in the hunt just about every year.
I think this was the OP point, he feels we r getting to that point.
I don't know if we're there yet but we r definitely on the way.

robs4516

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 02, 2015, 02:36:48 pm

I think Bama has a tougher schedule than us this year. For one, they have to play us! That hasn't always increased other's strength of schedule, but hopefully it will for the foreseeable future.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

scruf

A lot of times the younger guys come in and make you forget the more experienced guys because they have MORE TALENT. The talent will keep getting better and the roster will keep getting deeper. Arkansas is not close to what it will be in two to three years from now. It's only going to get better.

a0ashle

Quote from: scruf on September 02, 2015, 03:20:35 pm
A lot of times the younger guys come in and make you forget the more experienced guys because they have MORE TALENT. The talent will keep getting better and the roster will keep getting deeper. Arkansas is not close to what it will be in two to three years from now. It's only going to get better.

Also we are going to be more likely to RS younger guys, and they will have 1 or 2 years just learning in practice before they get to game time, while game time experience is important, its not the only kind of experience that matters.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: robs4516 on September 02, 2015, 02:48:32 pm
I think Bama has a tougher schedule than us this year. For one, they have to play us! That hasn't always increased other's strength of schedule, but hopefully it will for the foreseeable future.

We will see how it plays out. 

hawgnedmond

What makes this season different and very intriguing is how open the SEC West is, where just about anyone could win it and perhaps other than Auburn and Bama, anyone could conceivable finish last.

As far as just looking at the Razorbacks, this season reminds me a lot of 2009.  Petrino's first year in 2008 started off with several big blowout losses.  Then the team got better, won a couple league games and had several close losses before ending on a high note with the win over LSU.  It was in many ways similar to 2014, especially the way last season ended on a high note with the bowl win over Texas.

It was difficult to know what to expect for 2009 because Petrino had Mallet to run the show vs. Casey Dick.  I felt the Hogs would be much better but didn't have much clue about what record that might result in.  I remember having no idea what to expect in the SEC opener against Georgia.  It ended up being a lot of fun but a loss because the defense couldn't keep up with the offense.

Like this year, the early season SEC schedule was brutal in 2009, with 4 ranked teams in 5 weeks.  The Razorback performance was all over the place, big win vs. A&M, big loss vs. Bama, and taking #1 Florida to the wire before losing by 3.

Although the seasons set up similarly, the 2009 and 2015 teams could not have been much more different.  2009: explosive offense, sub-par defense, big-armed but inexperienced quarterback, bunch of big time receivers, etc.; 2015: steady offense, potentially great defense, experienced quarterback but more of a game manager, no established play-makers at receiver, etc.

That 2009 season set the stage for back-to-back 10-2 seasons in 2010 and 2011, seasons when I had great expectations.  Hopefully, the expectations will be similarly high for 2016 and 2017.

hawg IQ

Just happy you can get on here and post an honest to goodness post without some jack knob tearing down your thinking or post for no reason at all.
    Yet I agree this certainly a year to have high expectations. I believe we have the coaches in place and the players to go far.  Just how far depends on breaks, injuries and even a referee's flag at a key point in a game. The SEC will not let anybody have an off game... Your A game has to be there every game. Other schools have outstanding recruits and many cases a lot more depth.
Those road games this fall are certainly foreboding, but Hogs seem to do well with BB's offense on road games. We do have the talent, what we must learn to do, is when the game is still in doubt trust each other, the coaches and not have bad play at critical time.

Think about last year , we lost games we should have won, especially the alabama game., if BA doesn't throw the last interception and we even a get field goal, the season changes for everyone including Alabama.
But yes this a year to have high expectations and so exciting for hog fans. They don't come often enough do they ? I'm ready to see !?
go hogs go !

Biggus Piggus

The 2009 offense was talented but green and unpolished. The defense was better than the previous two seasons but still gave up too many big plays. Arkansas gave up 30+ points four times that season, improved from six times in 2008. The defense was the only reason why the Hogs beat East Carolina in the Liberty Bowl.

The 2015 Razorbacks would go 11-2 or 12-1 against the 2009 schedule.
[CENSORED]!

AugustaHog

My stomach still hurts so much from thinking about '12 and '13 that I'm not to the point of being spoiled about football season just yet.  Those were such awful seasons to suffer through that it has made me appreciate everything I am seeing from our Hogs.  I'm sure by year 5 or 6 of Bielema Ball, I will be expecting double digit wins every year.  I can't wait for that time to come.  This year, like Biggus, I go in with little to no expectations.  Sure, I will be devastated over a 4 win season, but I don't know anyone who won't be.  I'm pumped to see us playing competitive, winning football again and building on last season.  That said, I'm predicting a 9 win regular season and will be excited as long as we are progressing as a program.

WizardofhOgZ

I'm on record . . . we'll be in the CFB following the 2017 season.  Building toward that right now.

So, I'm not expecting 12-0.  8-4 is what I've predicted, using my boring old approach that seems just as boringly accurate, year in and year out.  Anything above that will be pure gravy.

In any event, I'm expecting a truly entertaining season, with a lot of high-drama games.  Some of which we will win (for a change) this season.

HogBreath

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 02, 2015, 02:36:48 pm
That'd be good, also meeting the girls in presidenthawg's avatar would be sweet.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogPharmer

It's nice to simply be able to have a good feeling about a season... Something I've been lacking for a few years now
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PonderinHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 02, 2015, 04:03:42 pm
I'm on record . . . we'll be in the CFB following the 2017 season.  Building toward that right now.
Chances are it will be in an even numbered year, unless we are just flat out loaded.  It could happen, though.  For that matter, all of our games are winnable this year.

1-0  :razorback:

EastexHawg

Do not take this as a critical attack. I am not predicting failure at all

Even if you were, so what?  A negative prediction is no more an "attack" than a positive prediction is a "boost".  At this point all we have is predictions...opinions...and by definition there is no way of knowing which ones are "wrong".

We have a team that most on this board seem to think will be part of the upper echelon of the SEC this year.  On the other hand we have won four conference games in three years. 

Anyone who says he knows what is going to happen is bluffing. 

Don't worry about your predictions or feelings, anyone else's predictions and feelings...and especially what everyone else thinks about what you think.  None of them are worth the paper they are written on or the time it took to pound them out on a keyboard.  We'll all know what's really going to happen soon enough.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 02, 2015, 02:34:32 pm

We're in year three of a program designed to bring in the right kinds of talent and build them up bit by bit. The program improves with age. Depth improves as the pipeline fills out. It won't be really mature for another year or two. This is a program now.

This paragraph needs to be stored in everyone's collective memory when there's a bad day. It will be only one day unlike years past where it seemed to be the start of an ugly streak.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Biggus Piggus

I'm certain that if Arkansas has not fixed the placekicking and kickoff coverage + has let the punting game slip, then we're talking about fewer wins than most people want to see.
[CENSORED]!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on September 02, 2015, 01:29:15 pm
Good post. We'll be the wildcard.

Death Valley isn't the only place where dreams die...in '15 playing The Hogs will cause some dreams to die.

We may even jump up and make a run to Atlanta...and if not this year, it's coming.

" GO HOGS "
LSU is going to find out that their dreams die too in Death Valley.  :razorback:

Hog N Bama

We are no doubt past the days of disrespect and in the conversation as a possible win for every contest.
BB is building and I agree it is not yet complete. The progress is obvious.
Win some road games and this year will have reached another level.
If we win 9 games, that is 50% better than last year and a BIG yr over yr achievement.
I am just very happy BB is Head Hog! Go Hogs!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 02, 2015, 04:28:05 pm
I'm certain that if Arkansas has not fixed the placekicking and kickoff coverage + has let the punting game slip, then we're talking about fewer wins than most people want to see.

The kicking has to be improved this year without a doubt and while none of us can speak with any degree of accuracy as to whether it has or hasn't been fixed, the staff doesn't seem very concerned. We can all take that for what we will.

You are right, we are not "there" yet, with "there" being a complete team that has experienced and talented depth at every single position, a team that re-loads and doesn't have to re-build. But sometimes the ball bounces strange ways and everything doesn't have to be perfect for a young team to have extraordinary success.

I look forward to this season not only for what it portends for this season, but in observing what is being built for the future. We could win 8 in the regular season and 9 with a bowl or with luck go 9 & 10, with extraordinary luck, 10 & 11. However it turns out I just look forward to the future of this Razorback football program.

I can't wait for Saturday.
Go Hogs Go!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Our passing game has to be good to open up things up, so the running game can do what we already know we are good at.

We know we can run.  So does everybody else.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Uberanubis

ty for the read.

for my 2 cents, I fully believe that a 2 loss S.E.C. team is still better then an undefeated Texas league team any day.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Two people in this thread really hit the nail on the head:

Biggus, who really did a nice job expressing how a lot of us feel this year

And delta, whose succinct posts are just classic delta.  Adding just a smidgen to this thread.  Delta has 52,000 posts and has typed only 200,000 words.

TNRazorbacker

This has always been our struggle because of our recruiting deficits when compared to the best in the conference.  It basically means our ceiling is lower. In our best years we are competitive but not good enough to separate ourselves, in our worst we are literally near the worst in the conference. Bamas and LSU's have 8 or 9 win seasons in down years because their talent depth keeps them above water, in their best years they play for national championships.

For this reason, barring some miraculous turnaround in recruiting,  I've always felt the stars really need to be aligned right for us to be a strong SEC championship contender.

1) Needs to be a LSU and Bama at home year at at least one of them needs to be in a down year.
2) We need to have an all SEC caliber QB.
3) We need to have a team laden with experience.

Again recruiting is really the wildcard here. Improve that so we are regular top 10ish (where the rest of SEC's best always are) and it makes the other factors less significant.

CokeHog

Good read. You make a great point about how wide open the Wild West is and that the SEC may be locked out of the championship.

However, I don't fully understand what you mean when you say it is a watershed year. A watershed moment is generally a turning point (up or down). I see us steadily building upwards and not yet at any watershed event or downward turn.

Does that make sense?
Go Hogs!

Augustus

Great post, Biggus. +1

This schedule is absolutely brutal.  It may not be the #1 toughest overall, but in-conference? I think we play the toughest in-conf schedule in the Nation, especially considering how the road games are lined out.

I just want "success" for these Seniors playing this year. Guys who had to live through the meltdown, stayed committed & help rebuild this program into what it is becoming... for that reason alone, they deserve a Ntn'l Championship (not saying it will happen, just saying they deserve it).

hellwonthaveme

12-1. This is the year the stars begin to align....this team is big, mean and ready to rock and roll.

I believe

PRJ