Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBS Bowl Projections

Started by hogcard1964, September 02, 2015, 08:18:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

I believe we will beat the Birmingham Bowl but reality is that a dozen plays going bad wrong throughout the SEC schedule for any west team and that team could end up 2-6 in conference.  BAMA, AUBBIE and LSU appear to me to have a few more bullets in their guns than the rest of us but still, a critical injury, a bad call, a poor coaching decision or two and throw in a few missed assignments and even one of them could be looking at 4-4 or so. 

Every year we play in a big boy league against teams that are sure to beat us nearly every time.  I believe this year that we have at least a fighting chance every week.  I believe we are just better than a couple of west teams but are we, really.  I think at least 4 west teams stack up better than us but an injury or missed play or two and we could still beat them.  Starting out, the teams in the west are all pretty good.

reddogjcss

Got them right where we want them, thinking we under dogs, but this dog is hunting now. WOOO PIG

j-mann

with williams out 11-1 is a long shot but we must win 10  so we can keep recruiting the OL'S and RB'S  next year might have to replace 7 Off starters    good thing we will have 10 or all 11 Starters on Def   back   as long as Coach B is here the top 15 or 20 is now the benchmark           
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 02, 2015, 11:14:48 am
Vegas and the various prediction guys are generally:

1 - Confident in our running game

2 - Confident we won't beat ourselves

3 - Confident we'll have a stingy defense

4 - Not confident at all in regards to how much we get out of the passing game

Combine those with a lot of perceived parity in the SEC, and many other program's historical advantage in recruiting, and it's not surprising to see a Birmingham Bowl prediction at this point.

#4 could be a much bigger problem than Hog fans are willing to admit.  If we can't pass the ball(and TE passes are not enough), we will not dominate and there will be too many close games we could lose by simply running the ball and trying to control the clock.  You can't win in the SEC without opening things up.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Dr. Pepper

Pre season expectations, exhibit A.
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

Bowfishinghogfan

Seems like some of the experts blasting a couple posters owe some of those an apology.

soooieman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 02, 2015, 08:18:52 am
Not liking this.  Not a lot of respect.  Seems like they may have us finishing toward the bottom of the West.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions
Thank god it was negative or you would have never posted it.. Got any more doom and gloom?  Sometimes I will search threads just to see if ole Hogcard had any more shade to throw.

bigbadhog

Funny to go back and read the sunshine pumping from four short weeks ago...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

We all knew something on 9-2-15.  Dr Pepper posted well on 9-2-15.  I didn't think we could be this bad, that it wasn't possible. 

I was dumb enough to start believing in the HC and staff.  The system we attempt to use leaves no room for penalties or stupid plays. 

soooieman

Quote from: bigbadhog on September 29, 2015, 09:13:52 pm
Good thing for you that the clouds are back.

bigbadhog

Quote from: soooieman on September 29, 2015, 09:41:12 pm
Good thing for you that the clouds are back.

The clouds will stay until Beliema is gone...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

soooieman

Doubt we get another coach with his resume in a power 5 conf

jkstock04

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on September 29, 2015, 07:54:37 pm
Seems like some of the experts blasting a couple posters owe some of those an apology.
The comment about an overrated LSU vs an underrated Arkansas team was my favorite.

Honestly I'm still reeling by what all was spun in the preseason. Now these same guys who were saying all this outlandish stuff about how special this team and Bielema were are now blaming Petrinos recruiting along with saying it takes a long time to rebuild...can't make this stuff up.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

gchamblee

this thread took place before we lost our #1 running back and 3 of our top 4 receivers. however, that wont stop those that are enjoying our disappointing season so far. i would imagine this thread would have read differently if those injuries were known beforehand. darksiders unite, this is your time.

HogimusMaximus

Is it really funny?  Would you rather have had doom and gloom from the start?  Do you even enjoy it when the Hogs win?

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: gchamblee on September 30, 2015, 04:56:08 am
this thread took place before we lost our #1 running back and 3 of our top 4 receivers. however, that wont stop those that are enjoying our disappointing season so far. i would imagine this thread would have read differently if those injuries were known beforehand. darksiders unite, this is your time.

J will was already hurt when this thread was started.

jkstock04

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on September 30, 2015, 06:45:49 am
Is it really funny?  Would you rather have had doom and gloom from the start?  Do you even enjoy it when the Hogs win?
Not doom and gloom. But there was a lot of Vitriol spewed at anyone "who couldn't obviously see what Bielema was building." There was all this blind faith (due to winning 3 games) that we were going to be awesome this year...and if you didn't see it you were a piece of trash hater that needed to find another team to root for.

That's why you see the backlash now sir...and rightfully so.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Redhogs

Quote from: soooieman on September 29, 2015, 10:01:51 pm
Doubt we get another coach with his resume in a power 5 conf
Really?? His resume here is what counts....and it's awful.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

I apologize for that.  Whodathunkit?

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 29, 2015, 10:16:18 pm
The comment about an overrated LSU vs an underrated Arkansas team was my favorite.

Honestly I'm still reeling by what all was spun in the preseason. Now these same guys who were saying all this outlandish stuff about how special this team and Bielema were are now blaming Petrinos recruiting along with saying it takes a long time to rebuild...can't make this stuff up.

They're also the ones telling others that their expectations were too high.